Hall of Fame Plaque Caps

OnWis97

There's an article going around now that Vlad Guerrero wants to go into the HOF as an Expo, assuming he gets in.

There. FTFY. And he can. He just needs to buy a ticket. :D

Vlad Guerrero has a .318 career batting average, 449 homers, 1,496 rbi, 2,590 hits an MVP and was named to nine All-Star teams. His Baseball Reference similarity score of 10 players lists four Hall of Famers, three HOF lock, two guys who are very close and one damn good player.

He has an excellent shot to be in Cooperstown. The question is whether his plaque will the the Expos or the Angels.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's an article going around now that Vlad Guerrero wants to go into the HOF as an Expo, assuming he gets in.

Vlad Guerrero has a .318 career batting average, 449 homers, 1,496 rbi, 2,590 hits an MVP and was named to nine All-Star teams. His Baseball Reference similarity score of 10 players lists four Hall of Famers, three HOF lock, two guys who are very close and one damn good player.

He has an excellent shot to be in Cooperstown. The question is whether his plaque will the the Expos or the Angels.

He made his name as an Expo, and had his best seasons there. He was feared by every pitcher in the NL East. Maybe it's east coast bias, but he kind of fell off the map once he left for LA (at least to me - a casual at best follower of MLB out side of my team. If someone is having a HOF career somewhere, even a casual fan would know all about him there.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

He made his name as an Expo, and had his best seasons there. He was feared by every pitcher in the NL East. Maybe it's east coast bias, but he kind of fell off the map once he left for LA (at least to me - a casual at best follower of MLB out side of my team. If someone is having a HOF career somewhere, even a casual fan would know all about him there.)

I know what you mean, but in his years in LA, he finished first, third, ninth, third and 14th in the MVP balloting. His best years were actually there -- which surprised me, too.

I know what you mean, but in his years in LA, he finished first, third, ninth, third and 14th in the MVP balloting. His best years were actually there -- which surprised me, too.

I can't believe that he had a better run there than his '98-'00 run in Montreal (his other seasons were great there too, but those were phenomenal.) The MVP balloting thing really doesn't matter unless you're first or it's a situation like in '07 with Rollins and Holliday (legitimately could have gone either way.)

Maybe it's my bias because I saw him destroy the Phillies over and over, but I still picture him in that cap and think it's strange to see him in an Angels uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Like another former Expo (Pedro), Vlad should be wearing a Phillies cap on his plaque.

Randy Johnson may be wearing a Diamondbacks hat in the HOF, but I will forever associate him with that never-say-die 1995 Mariners team and his performance in the game against the Angels.

Randy Johnson, Ken Griffey Jr, Edgar Martinez, and the rest of that group did nothing short of save baseball in Seattle.

Archived