2015 NHL All-Star Game jerseys were officially unveiled.

Luke_Groundrunner

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

neon green does not belong in sports

Why not? What colors belong, and which don't?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Does anyone else agree that the all star game jerseys age poorly?

An argument could be made for the orange ones, but those aside, nowadays those jerseys look terrible.

3aKTw5y.png

Favorite teams: Dynamo Moscow, Detroit Red Wings, Jokerit, Manchester United, Kitchener Rangers

IMO those jerseys show the problem with contrasting shoulder yokes. As a player (and obviously I'm far from an NHL player) I always find the "yoke-full-stripe" look difficult to quickly identify as white or dark. To me it's worst when the yoke is wide and white.

Is a modern version of this too much to ask for?

AllStar89.png

An edge version of this would be spectacular. The next year they could replace the orange with silver or even the "elite green." However you colour it, that is a classy template.

Is a modern version of this too much to ask for?

AllStar89.png

It's not based on that uniform set, but here's a concept I made a long time ago based on another vintage All-Star set.

It uses Red, White, and Blue. It would fit it with the Blue Jackets theme better, that's for sure! :P

Here's the uniform in question...

NHL-All-Star-Vintage-Replica-Jersey-1992

And here's my concept based on that look...

NHL+All-Star+by+Brian+B.png

Seriously people, this is just nothing more than a scrimmage. Nobody takes it too seriously and you shouldn't either. I love these jerseys, but only for a special occasion. Really all there is too it is that you get selected as an All Star and it goes down in your awards and achievements. If this was the Stanley cup finals and the nhl made he teams do this I would definitely have a problem, but it isn't , it's just an all star game so chill.

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

Am I the only one that can't read the black-on-black jersey numbers?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived