A more "original" name for the CFP National Championship Game

29texan

The first ever Super Bowl was not called that. It was "The First AFL-NFL World Championship Game" before being called the Super Bowl. So I was thinking that, with this first playoff title game for College Football having a name like that, let's think of a better name for it. My suggestions:
- The National Bowl
- The Collegiate Bowl
- The Letterman Bowl
- The American Bowl
Or, if they're desperate:
- The [insert sponsor name here] Championship Bowl and they change it when the contract is up.

Thoughts?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "REMEMBER MEEEEE FOR CENTURRRRIIIIIIEEEEESSSSSSS" Game presented by "LIGHT A MUP MUP MUP"

The only positive thing about college football coming to an end on Monday is hopefully not having to hear "Centuries" ad nauseam.

The "REMEMBER MEEEEE FOR CENTURRRRIIIIIIEEEEESSSSSSS" Game presented by "LIGHT A MUP MUP MUP"

First my Wet Hot American Summer thread gets deleted, now you make this post. It's been a rough night for sure.

They should just make the Rose Bowl the national championship game. It's easily the bowl with the most cache.

When I was a kid and had no understanding of collegiate sports (as opposed to how I'm now a grown-up with no understanding of collegiate sports), I thought it was the Super Bowl of college football. It might as well be, it's New Year's Day and even people who don't follow the NCAA know that the Rose Bowl is some sort of big deal, but People Who Care seem to get in a tizzy whenever it's not a Pac-10 v. Big Ten game. I like that better than the XFL-ish Big Game At The End that they've been doing the last few years.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I say we start calling the 4 teams picked, "​the chosen four".

I prefer using the term Football Four.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

They should just make the Rose Bowl the national championship game. It's easily the bowl with the most cache.

You know they're not going to have this thing just at ONE site...

No, they wouldn't. I was speaking in terms of what I thought was ideal. Not likely.

Archived