1995:

loddarklins-DW-Sport-Munich.jpg

Today it's unbelievable that they wore these as home for two years (1997-1999):

AbTSrrmFzEPRD4UY6xbvkWnvXJuZdr4NsqCzYQd0elber1.jpg

Was 1995 the start of Adidas's shoulder stripes then? I see in 97-99 they snuck their stripes onto the collar as well, but what's more interesting to me about that jersey is that the chest stripe continuing onto the arms makes it seem like a premonition of the MLS template.

1992:

borussia-dortmund-home-football-shirt-19data.jpg

In the upcoming season's thread I'd wondered whether Colo-Colo's new Under Armour jerseys were the first to have a digital art-inspired design element, but it looks like Dortmund seized the Web 1.0 trend with this screensaver-esque pattern

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was 1995 the start of Adidas's shoulder stripes then? I see in 97-99 they snuck their stripes onto the collar as well, but what's more interesting to me about that jersey is that the chest stripe continuing onto the arms makes it seem like a premonition of the MLS template.

Adidas' shoulder/arm stripes on football shirts date back to the early 1970s at least (when manufacturer logos began to appear on shirts), and had appeared on tracksuits and the like in the early 1960s.

Adidas' shoulder/arm stripes on football shirts date back to the early 1970s at least (when manufacturer logos began to appear on shirts), and had appeared on tracksuits and the like in the early 1960s.

Manchester United had adidas kits inbtge 70's. The 3 stripes were placed horizontally on the chest as well as the sleeves over various seasons.

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

Manchester United had adidas kits inbtge 70's. The 3 stripes were placed horizontally on the chest as well as the sleeves over various seasons.

I was under the impression that they wore Umbro and Admiral kits in the 1970s, with the switch to Adidas occurring in 1980?

1980's not the 70's

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_United/Manchester_United.htm

glory10.png

I was under the impression that they wore Umbro and Admiral kits in the 1970s, with the switch to Adidas occurring in 1980?

I might be off. They seemed to rotate between the three though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

I love some kits that Parma wore in the 90s!

I too loved those bumblebee Parma kits, but if the fans prefer the cross then it's right. Just wish they used it as a standard clash. And while Parma had some fantastic success in those years, the way it was obtained has left most fans wanting to just be a calm, little provincial side

Ahhh the 90s

9-fiorentina-1992-93-worst-soccer-unifor

Yeah, the swastikas killed those kits pretty fast

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Oh, hey, there they are!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I too loved those bumblebee Parma kits, but if the fans prefer the cross then it's right. Just wish they used it as a standard clash. And while Parma had some fantastic success in those years, the way it was obtained has left most fans wanting to just be a calm, little provincial side

Ahhh the 90s

How do they miss something that egregious?

The crossed home kits from Parma are pretty amazing if you ask me. I just wished they would use the yellow and blue hoops as a permanent away kit design.

I think they wore a throwback of these in the 2005-2006 season:

parma_ac_1989-90.jpg

At least they got these in PES 5 as a third kit as far as I remember.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

The goo old days, the rise of sublimation and all the colorful designs.

1617879-maillot-d-huddersfield-en-1993.jmexico_reedit-032014-08.jpg

Kids with crayons I swear

Campos was actually part of the design team for his flambouyant keeper jerseys.

glory10.png

Ahhh the 90s

Am I missing something or do you guys not know what a swastika looks like......

Ahhh the 90s

Am I missing something or do you guys not know what a swastika looks like......

Look at where some of the black lines intersect, not the shapes they form. The clearest one I can spot is on his shoulder, just above and to the right of the club badge.

Archived