NHL by Under Amour (Arizona Coyotes)

T-ROY

That Sens set is great. The fact that they have that logo and don't use it has never made sense. It's fantastic and is way better for the front of a jersey than the 3-D.

As mentioned, add a black yoke and it's just about perfect.

Also a huge fan of the Stars and Wild. I did a concept a while back that added gold to the Wild's scheme as well. It works nicely.

sig.png

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason there is a red yoke on the away is to add more red to the jersey. Adding a black yoke to the home would just overpower the black. That's pretty much like saying Dallas Stars current home jersey needs a white yoke because the away has a green yoke. This is done all the time in hockey.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

You did a good job with those jerseys, but I just don't like those colours for the Capitals. Reminds me of the early 00's Oilers before they smartened up and brought back the bright blue and copper. I know there are a lot of red and blue teams around the league, but the Captials is one that it makes sense for. Liberal use of white stars on red and blue canvas usually helps it stand out from the rest. The W logo is a way better logo than this one too.

That said, if you are dead set on using those colours and that logo, still well done. Better than what they wore during that era anyways.

You did a good job with those jerseys, but I just don't like those colours for the Capitals. Reminds me of the early 00's Oilers before they smartened up and brought back the bright blue and copper. I know there are a lot of red and blue teams around the league, but the Captials is one that it makes sense for. Liberal use of white stars on red and blue canvas usually helps it stand out from the rest. The W logo is a way better logo than this one too.

That said, if you are dead set on using those colours and that logo, still well done. Better than what they wore during that era anyways.

That's the thing: too much red and blue teams in the league. I understand that it would make more sense to have Washington as red, blue and white, but I feel that Washington always had a unique color scheme in this era and their jerseys were better than in their beginnings imo (albeit the script on the striping).

I agree that the "W" is a better logo, but not as a primary logo which is why I wanted to include it as a shoulder patch.

And don't worry, once I got every team done I will be moving on to some alternates.

That's the thing: too much red and blue teams in the league. I understand that it would make more sense to have Washington as red, blue and white, but I feel that Washington always had a unique color scheme in this era and their jerseys were better than in their beginnings imo (albeit the script on the striping).

I agree that the "W" is a better logo, but not as a primary logo which is why I wanted to include it as a shoulder patch.

And don't worry, once I got every team done I will be moving on to some alternates.

Didn't even notice that. Good job.

Of the red and blue teams, I'd change Columbus (double blue and tan like their alternates) and Florida (anything else).

Overall though, you are doing a fantastic job here. Keep it up.

Ottawa Senators

1NNI5Go.png

I'd probably make the laurels face each other on the jersey like it is on the logo. imo.

Ottawa-Senators-Black-Alternate-Third-je

I knew the laurels faced the same way on that jersey. I just thought having the laurels face each other would look good and it would be different. Either way both the jerseys look great.

I can't wait for the Blues.

Guest darkpiranha

For the Senators, while the laurel stripes you have now match the original jersey, I'd be curious to see what it looks like matching the laurel on the logo, with a dot in the middle (The Senator's Navel©) and the leaves radiating out from the dot, point-first. Even if you don't do anything else with the Sens, I love them. They were one of my favorite looks when they debuted. I miss the golden gold. But what you've made is beautiful.

Caps.... I never liked the blue and gold eagle, so take anything I say with that caveat. The Caps just need red in them. It made sense when the Wizards were blue and gold, and the whole city (minus the Skins) was color-coordinated. But now that the Wizards are red white and blue, the blue and gold doesn't make thematic city sense. I'm sure it's been done by someone before, but what does it look like adding some strong red to that logo? If you stick with that blue and gold, and add a similarly muted red, you'd be able to avoid any comparison to the Panthers or 90's Blues.

That said, I like what you've done with them.

• 1 month later...

For most of these, I'm not sure how good they'd look as a home/road set, but some of them, like the Bruins, Senators, Capitals, and Blackhawks, would be ABSOLUTELY PERFECT as alternates.

However, your Sharks concept is legitimately, 100%, perfect.

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I got the juices flowing again and I'm ready to bring this series back. I didn't just want to continue to do it the exact same as before, so I decided to actually do an Under Amour template. I ended making another as you will see with the next concept after the one in this post.

St. Louis Blues

lVqKS0f.png

Archived