Las Vegas Aces- NHL Expansion

sparkychewbarky

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool are you going to do tv on screen graphics and the jumbotron

...not sure yet b. I'll see how my time goes.

More great stuff man. Saw your 4 teams project as well... loved the Kraken name and design. You also seem to always include clever nods to history in your work. I'd ship this to the NHL if I made it....

Thanks a lot Bball. I'll try to find a contact in the NHL marketing dep't.

The "Vintage Air-Force" theme offers up a whack of images, icons, phrases, etc. for marketing purposes.

Here's a couple of ticket-drive posters using the "Aces" twist.

I photoshopped up a couple of old-style aviation posters...

Lva-86.jpg

Lva-87.jpg

Here's another poster using the P-40...

Lva-89.jpg

The "Join the Ice Force" slogan is brilliant. Same goes for the execution – as usual!

If I had to be nit-picky, I would suggest blurring the Aces logo on that gal's uniform just slightly in order to adapt it to the grainy, fuzzy rest of the picture. Superb thread, Sparky!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

This originally want one of my favourite of your incredible identity packages, Sparky (which isn't to say it's bad, your other work is just that great). But those "Join the Ice Force" posters are amazing. That kind of aesthetic is one of my favourite ever. Good job.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

This originally wasn't one of my favourite of your incredible identity packages, Sparky (which isn't to say it's bad, your other work is just that great). But those "Join the Ice Force" posters are amazing. That kind of aesthetic is one of my favourite ever. Good job.

Thanks FGM. I like that "vintage"style too. It could really suit this theme.

The "Join the Ice Force" slogan is brilliant. Same goes for the execution – as usual!

If I had to be nit-picky, I would suggest blurring the Aces logo on that gal's uniform just slightly in order to adapt it to the grainy, fuzzy rest of the picture. Superb thread, Sparky!

Hi GRS. Good eye on that poster. It was kinda rushed, so I reworked it a bit.

(The patch could still be a bit more curved)...

Lva-92.jpg

I liked the brown colour option as well, so I thought I'd try to find a use for that sweater.

It reminded me of an old leather flight jacket, so I'm using the brown for an Air Force "Heritage" night.

If Vegas ever appeared in a Winter Classic game, perhaps this could be the uni.

I put some metallic gold piping in the logo, numbers, and striping to class it up a bit...

Lva-91.jpg

The hangar in the logo resembles the entrance prop that the players skate through at the beginning of the game...

An old style corrugated steel structure complete with search lights...

Lva-93.jpg

I liked the brown colour option as well, so I thought I'd try to find a use for that sweater.

It reminded me of an old leather flight jacket, so I'm using the brown for an Air Force "Heritage" night.

I put some metallic gold piping in the logo, numbers, and striping to class it up a bit...

Lva-91.jpg

The hangar in the logo resembles the entrance prop that the players skate through at the beginning of the game...

Lva-93.jpg

This brown uniform is excellent! I guess most people dislike brown as a sports uniform color, but I really think it should be used more often. A nice chocolate brown, not too dark, or maroon, in combination with white, always looks great! Especially when the design itself is gorgeous! Great job as usual, Sparky! Same goes for the presentation!

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Lva-91.jpg

Lva-93.jpg

This brown uniform is excellent! I guess most people dislike brown as a sports uniform color, but I really think it should be used more often. A nice chocolate brown, not too dark, or maroon, in combination with white, always looks great! Especially when the design itself is gorgeous! Great job as usual, Sparky! Same goes for the presentation!

is the jumbotron next

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

That brown sweater.... I love it man. I kinda now wanna see a full set in brown.

Tan pants would be deadly with those brown jerseys!!! Ahhhh! :P

Thank you guys. Brown as a team colour seems to be gaining some popularity in all sports.

...And #1, the tan pants give the uni a nice "Winter Classic" vibe. Thanks...

Lva-99.jpg

Man that is a great Winter Classic look. Such a fun thread to follow man. Great work on the player intro structure as well, I get excited just looking at it. Also I think it's worth noting how easy it is to "geek out" over threads like this with all the effort the poster puts in to their work. There aren't many truly "geek" worthy concepts these days (though some folks get excited for any old thing) but your work always brings the heat.

I know Elvis performed "Viva Las Vegas", but when I think of Vegas, I think of THIS Elvis number...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDkvwbQwtyo

Anyway, a Vegas Aces team would HAVE to have at least one "Elvis at the Hangar" Night.

...Elvis music, give-aways, an Elvis costume contest, a special outfit for "Ace", and promotional unis based on Elvis's famous white & gold suit...

gal-elvis15-jpg.jpg

Man that is a great Winter Classic look. Such a fun thread to follow man. Great work on the player intro structure as well, I get excited just looking at it. Also I think it's worth noting how easy it is to "geek out" over threads like this with all the effort the poster puts in to their work. There aren't many truly "geek" worthy concepts these days (though some folks get excited for any old thing) but your work always brings the heat.

Thanks Fifty...I know you preferred the brown option. I found a "home" for it as an alt.

Archived