Las Vegas Aces- NHL Expansion

sparkychewbarky

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your Concept for a Las Vegas NHL franchise called the Las Vegas Aces is great as Aces should be the name of a NHL franchise in Las Vegas

Is that truly meant to be a statement, or is there some feedback you were trying to get at?

Its a statetment

Your Concept for a Las Vegas NHL franchise called the Las Vegas Aces is great as Aces should be the name of a NHL franchise in Las Vegas

Is that truly meant to be a statement, or is there some feedback you were trying to get at?

Its a statetment

Here we go again....

Just so you know. I sent the pace car to Las Vegas Motor Speedway for possible use in this year's Kobalt Tools 400. Said you made it. Don't know if it actually is going to be on track but they are considering.

Did you ask permission to do so? Regardless if you gave him the credit, I still don't know how I'd feel knowing someone sent in my designs for me.

Guest darkpiranha

Just so you know. I sent the pace car to Las Vegas Motor Speedway for possible use in this year's Kobalt Tools 400. Said you made it. Don't know if it actually is going to be on track but they are considering.

Yeah, Biscuit, this was a really bad thing to do. I doubt it will amount to anything to really be worried about, as I can't think of any professional entity that accepts random designs sent in to them. But you really REALLY need to not ever do this again. Your first thought about doing ANYthing with any logo you find here that you didn't 100% create yourself (that means no using even a tiny piece of someone else logo, or tracing their logo), your first thought should be "I need to get permission from them to use their logo or post their logo somewhere or send it somewhere."

There are a whole host of reasons to ALWAYS get permission first. Professional leagues will (almost) never appropriate a logo idea from someone else, but you can never tell if someone unscrupulous not necessarily associated with that league or team might take the idea and claim it for their own. It's up to the designer of the concept logo (or pace car image) to decide if they want to post it publicly outside of these forums. Or maybe the designer is still working on the logo or concept and you take it upon yourself to post it publicly somewhere else. Now what if some website happens to pick up on it for whatever reason and posts it on their site (like was done with much of this Aces set, with permission, I believe). Now that potentially unfinished logo is out there representing that artist's work and people may judge his skill based on an unfinished logo you posted in another venue. That's the kind of thing that's always up to the designer himself to decide when he wants to share it with the world. It doesn't matter that you told the people you sent it to who did the work, it wasn't your place to submit it to begin with.

I know you're doing this for fun and out of a passion for logos and sports (as are many of us), but you have to also remember that some of the people here take this very seriously and are actively honing their craft as actual graphic designers, or are working their way towards making this their career.

It's kind of appropriate that this is the Las Vegas Aces thread, because the default mindset about these forums should be "What happens in these forums STAYS in these forums (unless the designer chooses to share it outside)"

Just something to keep in mind going forward, Biscuit.

WOW. I love all this work sparky, just wow. And to express my appreciation, I will give you every positive smiley I can find.- That is under the maximum

:shocked::winner::jawdrop:(dance):boogie:(bow):notworthy::blink::rolleyes:B):lol::D:o:love::grin:

Jake...I've never received max smiley faces before...Thank you!

Yes, very nice work! I love the addition of the gold trim and new blue color.

I think it was an improvement, dc.

man! I love the stuffs for fans! They are alot of fun!

Thanks JM. ..a lot of fun to make also.

You can put me down for an Ace Vegas plush hat right now! Incredible work as always Sparky. Your work never disappoints.

Thanks DP as always.

Sparky,you have gone above and beyond with this concept.You have gone where no concept has gone before.

May the force be with you cub. (hang on...that was Star WARS)

Did you ask permission to do so? Regardless if you gave him the credit, I still don't know how I'd feel knowing someone sent in my designs for me.

Yeah, Biscuit, this was a really bad thing to do. I doubt it will amount to anything to really be worried about, as I can't think of any professional entity that accepts random designs sent in to them. But you really REALLY need to not ever do this again. Your first thought about doing ANYthing with any logo you find here that you didn't 100% create yourself (that means no using even a tiny piece of someone else logo, or tracing their logo), your first thought should be "I need to get permission from them to use their logo or post their logo somewhere or send it somewhere."

There are a whole host of reasons to ALWAYS get permission first. Professional leagues will (almost) never appropriate a logo idea from someone else, but you can never tell if someone unscrupulous not necessarily associated with that league or team might take the idea and claim it for their own. It's up to the designer of the concept logo (or pace car image) to decide if they want to post it publicly outside of these forums. Or maybe the designer is still working on the logo or concept and you take it upon yourself to post it publicly somewhere else. Now what if some website happens to pick up on it for whatever reason and posts it on their site (like was done with much of this Aces set, with permission, I believe). Now that potentially unfinished logo is out there representing that artist's work and people may judge his skill based on an unfinished logo you posted in another venue. That's the kind of thing that's always up to the designer himself to decide when he wants to share it with the world. It doesn't matter that you told the people you sent it to who did the work, it wasn't your place to submit it to begin with.

I know you're doing this for fun and out of a passion for logos and sports (as are many of us), but you have to also remember that some of the people here take this very seriously and are actively honing their craft as actual graphic designers, or are working their way towards making this their career.

It's kind of appropriate that this is the Las Vegas Aces thread, because the default mindset about these forums should be "What happens in these forums STAYS in these forums (unless the designer chooses to share it outside)"

Just something to keep in mind going forward, Biscuit.

Thanks #1 and darkp.

...and they're right, biscuit. Always, always ask first.

However, the pace car thing was done on your suggestion, and it is kind of cool if they responded, so I'm O.K. with this.

Thanks for your enthusiasm, but ask first next time, b.

sparky

While I've got this up...

A couple more products that I had...

I photoshopped a pin-up girl from the web. (I had to put pants on her)

I'm pretty happy with the more vibrant "Yonder Blue" and more-metallic-gold colour scheme.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Lva-113.jpg

...and here's the Vegas Hockey Cod...

Lva-115.jpg

Time to put a bow on this.

Thank you to all for the input, suggestions,etc.

Personally, I think a Vegas NHL franchise would do well.

I'm sure that "real" Las Vegans would appreciate an identity for their city other than the "strip".

Many are concerned that the seats would be full of non-hockey fans....suits & high-rollers who acquire tickets through value-added deals and cross-promotions offered to them by local businesses.

...Quite like Toronto when you think of it.

So what? Perhaps all this "non-hockey" money would subsidize ticket prices so that regular families with kids could afford to see a game.

...Quite unlike Toronto, when you think of it.

Anyway, to those who roll their eyes at a Vegas team, I say "Roll the Dice" and give it a ride !

Crank this up and enjoy the video!...

Archived