Texas A&M 2015 One-off

martymcfry

After what happened with my Tennessee concept (four others soon came out with there own), I thought about not posting this. But nah- I'm not superstitious. That wasn't my fault. Anyways...

oPWOuv8.png

Texas A&M comes out with a one-off alternate every year, so I thought it'd share my concept. I love the Texas logo, so I used that on the pants and on the helmet. The sleeves feature a gradient fade and so does the socks. Gray is also used as a secondary color. I realize the Aggies don't use Nike but I used the Nike hypercool template so I don't really have a choice. Enjoy!

I don't think there is too much grey. I'm usually not a fan of gradients but I don't think its a problem the way you're using it. It's not like you're going overboard with it. I think you just need to make a few minor tweaks, like adding stripes to the pants or helmet.

JeKhnr9.png

It's way better than most of the one-offs Adidas has made for them, that's for sure.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Too much grey. Maybe get rid of the gradient on the sleeves.

I don't think there is too much grey. I'm usually not a fan of gradients but I don't think its a problem the way you're using it. It's not like you're going overboard with it. I think you just need to make a few minor tweaks, like adding stripes to the pants or helmet.

I agree with the latter. I think that is enough gray, considering no gray numbers or logos. I could consider adding a stripe if anyone else wants it.

It's way better than most of the one-offs Adidas has made for them, that's for sure.

It's not hard at all to replace that junk with something better.

i actually like it; except the gradient on the sleeve. it doesn't look bad on the web but if it were to print on a sleeve, i think the real life application would be awful. but also, there doesnt seem to be any reason for it. if it were Arizona for example and you did a sunset/sunrise kind of thing then it works but there's no real strong idea or story here. what i propose in it's place is some sort of pattern. when working with Ohio State, we would look all over campus and Columbus for pattern ideas. one of our best ideas came from the crossing walkways in the center of campus, and we made a texture from it to apply to apparel. its also the kind of thing you see with a lot of Nike alts especially the early Pro Combats. im sure there is something at A&M/college station that you can use in the same way. that would work great in gray and maroon.

another wild thought; because they usually emphasis maroon, if this is a 1 game alt, why not flip the colors and make gray the primary?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

im sure there is something at A&M/college station that you can use in the same way. that would work great in gray and maroon.

another wild thought; because they usually emphasis maroon, if this is a 1 game alt, why not flip the colors and make gray the primary?

Until about a decade ago, the majority of buildings on campus had a soviet style concrete look about them. Concrete is grey. A&M does have a history of wearing grey pants so its not far fetched. I'm not crazy about the gradient, but it looks better than having the shoulder be a random grey patch

blocker.jpg

zachry-lg.jpg

Heep.jpg

Archived