Braxton & JT & Cardale & Brutus

OnWis97

He's going to play school for a while longer.

Now watch him suffer some debilitating, permanent injury that kills his NFL chances.

I disagree.

I think Jones needs more experience before he is ready to be an NFL quarterback.

Mac is right. He has guaranteed money in front of him (even if not first or second round) and is already on record as stating he doesn't think he should go to class. This is a stupid stupid stupid decision. He's passing up a million dollars to stay in small college town and inpregnate girls. With babies. I hope he doesn't even win the starting job next year, just to reinforce how dumb a decision this is.

"But...3 games!" So what. How many really good teams do top QBs play each season? His iron was hot - it could short circuit.

It's high risk high reward. Which is great - if you can afford the risk.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Now watch him suffer some debilitating, permanent injury that kills his NFL chances.

I disagree.

I think Jones needs more experience before he is ready to be an NFL quarterback.

Mac is right. He has guaranteed money in front of him (even if not first or second round) and is already on record as stating he doesn't think he should go to class. This is a stupid stupid stupid decision. He's passing up a million dollars to stay in small college town and inpregnate girls. With babies. I hope he doesn't even win the starting job next year, just to reinforce how dumb a decision this is.

"But...3 games!" So what. How many really good teams do top QBs play each season? His iron was hot - it could short circuit.

He already has a daughter.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Does anyone else think this situation sounds similar to the first National Championship Urban won with Florida in 2006 against Ohio State?

One QB is mobile but is a better passer (Leak/Barrett), while the other can throw but is more of a battering ram for short yardage (Tebow/Jones)? Could Urban be licking his lips thinking about a 2 QB system again?

Does anyone else think this situation sounds similar to the first National Championship Urban won with Florida in 2006 against Ohio State?

One QB is mobile but is a better passer (Leak/Barrett), while the other can throw but is more of a battering ram for short yardage (Tebow/Jones)? Could Urban be licking his lips thinking about a 2 QB system again?

Landry Jones and Blake Bell didn't work.

Heck, where is Kenny Guiton now? Urban used him into the ground.

I disagree.

He already has a daughter.

And the game was just a few days ago! This dude doesn't waste a second.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Landry Jones and Blake Bell didn't work.

Heck, where is Kenny Guiton now? Urban used him into the ground.

I think its a different sort of situation when both QBs are athletic and are just as dangerous with their feet as they are with their arms.

Guiton was never a real starting caliber QB. Miller/Barrett/Jones are all starting caliber. Guiton was an experienced backup who filled in when needed. Barrett/Jones is completely different.

I disagree.

Columbus is the 15th largest city in America, but other than that, I agree.

BB52Big.jpg

I disagree.

I honestly think it would be the right choice if not for the possibility that he won't start. That makes it a gamble.

I know he could be drafted and make a roster and get some money but getting a season's worth of game experience would probably have been valuable for him and his draft status. I also am not interested in assuming he's going to be an idiot in college and not in the NFL, where women can also be impregnated. Regarding injuries, that can happen but I don't know that players should make all decisions based on that fear.

Really, the only reason I was thinking he should go pro was because of the chance he won't start. If he was the clear cut starter, I think it makes sense.

It's funny when players started to go pro early in the 80s / 90s, people were upset (because of "education" and "not being ready"). Then we got used to it. By now we've done a 180 and we never think a guy that could get drafted (or for NBA, drafted in Round 1) should stay.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I disagree.

Anything that isn't Philadelphia is a small city in Vet's world.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I disagree.

Why would you think that?

What I was getting at was that Columbus isn't as large as most NFL cities, and most people would jump at the chance to play in the limelight of NY, Miami, or even LA in a couple of years rather than remain in a city that (correct me if I'm wrong) is heavily influenced by OSU and is a huge college town. I don't Columbus' size, but isn't it's nature more that of a super big college town?

I disagree.

What I was getting at was that Columbus isn't as large as most NFL cities, and most people would jump at the chance to play in the limelight of NY, Miami, or even LA in a couple of years rather than remain in a city that (correct me if I'm wrong) is heavily influenced by OSU and is a huge college town. I don't Columbus' size, but isn't it's nature more that of a super big college town?

More tongue in cheek than anything.

You're 100% right about Columbus in your latest post, but "small college town" it is not.

PvO6ZWJ.png

A super-big college town that also just happens to be a state capital...if that helps.

As opposed to a state capital that just happens to have a college in it...like, say, Indianapolis. (I only bring that up because apparently people in the midwest keep comparing those two places to each other and all else being equal that's about the way I differentiate them. Not that this has anything to do with this thread...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yeah, about that... B)

The following NFL cities have populations* smaller than Columbus: Charlotte, Detroit, Seattle, Denver, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Kansas City, Boston, Atlanta, Miami, Oakland, Minneapolis, Cleveland, Green Bay, Tampa, Cincinnati, New Orleans, St. Louis, Nashville, Buffalo, and Pittsburgh. Other than that, I agree with you - again.

*Yes, I'm aware that the population of a city isn't the same as the market size. I'm just having fun giving you a hard time.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived