College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought the alternate uniform trend started with Hawaii in 2005. They might have also started the gfgs and bfbs trends as well.

Hawaii's first away jerseys with Nike had silver numbers outlined in black, which was incredibly hard to read.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/armchair-new/images/2/2c/Oldaway.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100906145531

(sorry, the board won't allow me to use the extension to post the image).

Reminds me of Florida State's issue with their recent away jerseys before they were corrected (gold numbers on white jersey to garnet on white).

If anyone had to estimate the year that this whole alternate uniform trend started, what would you say? Yeah, Oregon basically started this thing, that's obvious, but it's fascinating looking even 15 years ago and there were hardly any alternates to be found.

I'd say 2006 when they had the diamond plate look.

Oregon.jpg

Unpopular opinion - I actually like these...(to a point, of course)

I thought the white set was pretty good. The rest were bad.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

If anyone had to estimate the year that this whole alternate uniform trend started, what would you say? Yeah, Oregon basically started this thing, that's obvious, but it's fascinating looking even 15 years ago and there were hardly any alternates to be found.

Oregon.jpg

I think it's amazing how cheesy and dated these look already. It wasn't that long ago but it feels like decades.

Not just dropping, but upgrading. Going from $1.5 mil per to $5 mil per. That's crazy. So much for UA not going to make any profit with a $9 mil deal with Notre Dame.

I'm very interested to see the cash/product breakdown on the Cincy deal with the numbers that have been thrown out there.

I can't get into all the details, but adidas was done with Cincy after the last negotiation. There was never going to be a renewal of that deal.

Oregon.jpg

I think it's amazing how cheesy and dated these look already. It wasn't that long ago but it feels like decades.

Agreed. And the diamond plate was silly, had nothing to do with the team. The current wing motif is much better.

Oregon.jpg

I agree. However, the Kellen Clemens-era set that preceded it doesn't look dated at all.

LxQMgWO.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

And that's why classic > trendy.

Not really, it's just the older something is dated as, the more people want to like it (Regardless of how it actually is graphically)

I understand what you're saying as it pertains to nostalgia.

I meant classic in terms of classic design aesthetic, not necessarily a classic look...if that makes any sense. It's better to follow classic artistic and design principles than just the flavor of the week.

Oregon.jpg

I agree. However, the Kellen Clemens-era set that preceded it doesn't look dated at all.

LxQMgWO.jpg

Can't help but think that in a funny way, that jersey serves as a precursor to what adidas currently puts on their jerseys.

Oregon.jpg

LxQMgWO.jpg

Can't help but think that in a funny way, that jersey serves as a precursor to what adidas currently puts on their jerseys.

I saw the picture before I saw your comment, and I thought, "Man, almost looks like adidas' tire tread on the shoulders". The was probably the best Oregon jersey of the 2000s. Sleeve caps were a few years ahead of the trend as well.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Baylor starting early? [ via Clintau Twitter RT }

B8FQWVcCIAAU2IP.jpg

Baylor's equipment manager confirmed this. I really like them. They're sharp.

Needs a green facemask. But definitely a good look.
Agreed. I can't even tell what color that's supposed to be.

Looks brownish in the front, grayish in the back.

Archived