College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those slashes in the sleeve stripes destroy an otherwise good design. It only takes Adidas to make a traditional uniform design look like crap.

Is this the new adidas thing? Cutting up the sleeve stripes with random angles? If the shockweb pattern was AWOL and these sleeve stripes were untouched I'd grade these a B. I'm guessing the intent was to mimic Oregon's duck wings with ibis wings for stripes. With those two additions it falls into C-/D+ territory with me. And the university spokesman talking about it being impossible to tackle people wearing these needs to watch more football. IT also looks like Miami went with the same shirt design Michigan uses, which means if they could get that much extra attention they should have gotten rid of that horrible pattern.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Is it wrong that I laughed at these? It's hilarious. They managed to screw this up big time. Way to go, adidas. Look at how the U is stretched on the pants.

This is why we can't have nice things.

If they would've toned down the slashes, I don't think it would look all that bad. I'm not really all that against these.

They really remind me of Auburn's last basketball set, with the Northwestern stripes being cut up like that

14111504-standard.jpg

That's different. At least it's with a small portion of the stripes and (what I assume) is specific to that one team. Miami's crap is also on UCLA's uniforms, making them appear to be templated crap.

Heads up, Mississippi State. You're next with the Egg Bowl.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Is it wrong that I laughed at these? It's hilarious. They managed to screw this up big time. Way to go, adidas. Look at how the U is stretched on the pants.

This is why we can't have nice things.

If they would've toned down the slashes, I don't think it would look all that bad. I'm not really all that against these.

They really remind me of Auburn's last basketball set, with the Northwestern stripes being cut up like that

14111504-standard.jpg

That's different. At least it's with a small portion of the stripes and (what I assume) is specific to that one team. Miami's crap is also on UCLA's uniforms, making them appear to be templated crap.

Heads up, Mississippi State. You're next with the Egg Bowl.

I agree with you there, and thankfully Auburn was the only team with that type of design, but it's just the first thing I thought of when I first saw Miami's.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Finally released

miami_zpsmcnrho8y.jpg

miamii_zpsiijpv8fq.jpg

miamiiii_zpsz4yhs35u.jpg

miamiii_zpsgt8j82jf.jpg

What's with the differences in the sleeves? Some have little deltas at the bottom of the slashes and others don't?

The pants look awful. They bastardized the U logo and the slashes on the pants are overkill.

The slashes look awful, but couldn't the at least use the same pattern for the jersey and pants? The white jersey has the "deltas" and the white pants don't.

Also, is there an explanation why the slashes on the orange jersey are different?

I'm done. Seriously, no Adidas fanboy can justify this. I'm actually angry to see Adidas clown up a prestigious football program like this (proving UCLA isn't a fluke).

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

https://twitter.com/CanesAllAccess/status/622578342911418369/photo/1

Overall, I really like them. Much better than what Nike gave Miami the past couple of years.

CKPXFGJWUAA2lWi.jpg

I like to think that lady on the right caught a glimpse of one of the mannequin's realistic "features".

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

It's alright, but I've always wanted Miami to look modern. I don't force that on a lot of teams, but this is one where I thought it worked. Even the uniforms of the past few years, while not always good, at least fit with what I've perceived Miami to be, a trendy, modern school. Nike sometimes went a little overboard, but there was at least an identity there. Now, it just seems a little hollow to me. Minus the slashes and the ShockWeb, it's a good look, but it doesn't really say Miami, other than the color scheme. Others may have different opinions, but that's my thought.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Finally released

miami_zpsmcnrho8y.jpg

miamii_zpsiijpv8fq.jpg

miamiiii_zpsz4yhs35u.jpg

miamiii_zpsgt8j82jf.jpg

What's with the differences in the sleeves? Some have little deltas at the bottom of the slashes and others don't?

The pants look awful. They bastardized the U logo and the slashes on the pants are overkill.

The slashes look awful, but couldn't the at least use the same pattern for the jersey and pants? The white jersey has the "deltas" and the white pants don't.

Also, is there an explanation why the slashes on the orange jersey is different?

Yeah, it just doesn't make sense.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Overall, I really like them. Much better than what Nike gave Miami the past couple of years.

1* year. Nike :censored:ed up 1 year by trying something new with a perfect look (one that they'd perfected over the past 3 decades). Just because Adidas did better (in your mind, not in mine) than Nike for 1 year out of a few decades, does not make the look good whatsoever.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

The Nike set from last year is so much better than this. It wasn't perfect, not in any way shape or form, but it was a nice modern uniform design. These Adidas uniforms are an attempt at trying to combine traditional and modern, and the execution is absolutely terrible. The Nike set obviously wasn't very traditional, but I'd rather have a nice modern uniform set than a completely bastardized attempt at combining traditional and modern. The only thing I can think that is better than the Nike set is the fact that there is only a white helmet. Unfortunately, we all know that probably won't be the case for long.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Whats the purpose of a college football uniform? To appeal to the masses? Or to appeal to the school, players and fans that the uniforms represent? If it is the latter, adidas hit a home run. The Miami boards and fans on social media love it. I would guess the uniforms have about an 85% approval rate.

I like these. Then again, I'm one of the ones who have thought Miami has looked horrible in every design since 1999. I can see why the slashes are there, and I'm fine with it. It still gives the look of the 80's and 90's Miami which was successful, so I am good with these.

1* year. Nike :censored:ed up 1 year by trying something new with a perfect look (one that they'd perfected over the past 3 decades). Just because Adidas did better (in your mind, not in mine) than Nike for 1 year out of a few decades, does not make the look good whatsoever.

Well I can see we have a difference of opinion and you being a Michigan fan, are happy with the switch to Nike and leaving Adidas behind. Head on over to the Miami boards. See what they're saying. Most are happy with these new Adidas unis.

Archived