College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

I think a few of us were already rather familiar with it, but yes, that's it.. As much as we hate PC, it's a solid and simple wordmark

Are you a Newberry guy? My brother went there and talks about how much he hates PC

come on now! i've mentioned attending/working at Newberry plenty of times, and you already know i'm a summerville guy.. but yes, i actually played in the very last bronze derby before PC went D1 (which we lost).. so, i might not have had an entire career playing against PC to hate them, but they won the derby and then left, and now refuse to play us... so that's been even more reason to hate PC lol.. but they do have a unique nickname and decent branding.. can't hate on that too much.. if they'd get a universally applicable logo to match, apart from the staggered "PC" and the BLUE HOSE wordmark, it'd be that much better (Blue Hose btw is some sort of reference to Scottish warriors)

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a few of us were already rather familiar with it, but yes, that's it.. As much as we hate PC, it's a solid and simple wordmark

Are you a Newberry guy? My brother went there and talks about how much he hates PC

come on now! i've mentioned attending/working at Newberry plenty of times, and you already know i'm a summerville guy.. but yes, i actually played in the very last bronze derby before PC went D1 (which we lost).. so, i might not have had an entire career playing against PC to hate them, but they won the derby and then left, and now refuse to play us... so that's been even more reason to hate PC lol.. but they do have a unique nickname and decent branding.. can't hate on that too much.. if they'd get a universally applicable logo to match, apart from the staggered "PC" and the BLUE HOSE wordmark, it'd be that much better (Blue Hose btw is some sort of reference to Scottish warriors)

And here I thought that it was a reference to prostitutes from the movie Avatar.

The name is unique and the idea of a Highlander sword combined with a blue wordmark makes conceptual sense, but the actual wordmark is just muddied up, especially from afar. The point of logos, whether it's a wordmark or an icon or whatever, is to be able to make out what it is from a viewing distance, so it's a fail for me, sorry.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

FBS Lamar University in Beaumont, TX unveiled their new look today. Players were thrilled to lose the butt-stripes from their old UA uniforms.

CKdfRNeUkAAzB1C.jpg

CKdcdk4UkAAFPpx.jpgCKdgA32UwAASITp.jpgCKde5QkVEAA-NBA.jpg

Looks like they're still there.
You can barely see them on the red pants, they are just looking straight on which makes them hard to see.

Here's a better side view. There is also a stripe running down the side of the jersey. Same width as the one on the sleeves. It was also nice that players didn't do all the fake hollering when they came out. They liked the look, and everyone mentioned they were happy the old stripes are gone. The old uniforms that looked like Hawai'i were actually a mistake when ordered. The head coach had no clue the stripe would be on the back lol. He just picked the colors. Of course Lamar doesn't have the money to just scrap the screwed up order and get new ones, so they wore them two seasons.

CKd8UbAUwAAqfe_.jpg

UT-Chattanooga starts their relationship with adidas.

VZBBJCVDUUKOJAZ.20150721124519.jpg

Eh, looks just like what PC just unveiled. Is Adidas that lazy to just do the same thing for two FCS schools?

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

Eh, looks just like what PC just unveiled. Is Adidas that lazy to just do the same thing for two FCS schools?

Those teams ordered from a catalog, so blame it on the teams not Adidas.

Mentioned this before, but we finally have full photos of Auburn's new uniforms on the new Under Armour template. Changes include full pant stripe, no more truncated shoulder stripe, and larger nameplates.

CKY1hc0WoAAe8ze_zps0qlqtk3f.jpg

CKZB3dWWgAACMhM_zpsdrbmfbbd.jpg

CKZF2kWUAAEcjk0_zpswesv0670.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

do you really want to see another "custom adidas uniform"?

Archived