College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

saw this from CFB Reddit...Did Colorado give sneak peak at new unis in the renderings for their new fundraising initiative?

c7QhWot.jpg

That is a terrible uniform. From the boring fill-in-the-template sleeve caps, mono grey, and chrome numbers. Nothing is good about those.

Notre Dame gold helmets, Mizzou shoulder panels, TCU sleeve caps, & what looks like a mix of the Baylor-Michigan State-UCF number font in chrome on top of anthracite for whatever reason. yuck

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Hey, I agree, Buffs do look very good in the current set. I think (hope) this was just a place holder mannequin for the fund raising video. They do look pretty hideous.

saw this from CFB Reddit...Did Colorado give sneak peak at new unis in the renderings for their new fundraising initiative?

c7QhWot.jpg

That is a terrible uniform. From the boring fill-in-the-template sleeve caps, mono grey, and chrome numbers. Nothing is good about those.

Notre Dame gold helmets, Mizzou shoulder panels, TCU sleeve caps, & what looks like a mix of the Baylor-Michigan State-UCF number font in chrome on top of anthracite for whatever reason. yuck

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

On page one of the thread I proposed a table of contents of sorts and since this thread is already 12 pages long and the only confirmed change for next season is an alternate helmet for Baylor, I am going to edit my original post to keep a running list of announced changes.

My thoughts are to have three categories, Total Rebrand (new logo, uniforms, the whole works ie Oregon State last year), New Uniform Set (ie Syracuse), and Odds, Ends and One Offs (ie the NCG uniforms).

These things will need to be confirmed or come from a legitimate source to go on the, obviously unofficial, "TOC". No rumors or wishlists.

If you have any other thoughts let me know, preferably by pm as to not clog up this thread since thats the exact opposite of my hope for this. Thanks.

On page one of the thread I proposed a table of contents of sorts and since this thread is already 12 pages long and the only confirmed change for next season is an alternate helmet for Baylor, I am going to edit my original post to keep a running list of announced changes.

My thoughts are to have three categories, Total Rebrand (new logo, uniforms, the whole works ie Oregon State last year), New Uniform Set (ie Syracuse), and Odds, Ends and One Offs (ie the NCG uniforms).

These things will need to be confirmed or come from a legitimate source to go on the, obviously unofficial, "TOC". No rumors or wishlists.

If you have any other thoughts let me know, preferably by pm as to not clog up this thread since thats the exact opposite of my hope for this. Thanks.

I don't mind the rumor parts to the thread, as much, but would prefer to NOT list them in the Table of Contents.

For example, opening the TOC might inform me of a complete rebrand for Tennessee. Jumping through the link, I get to the page deeper in the thread with the actual content of the rebrand but perhaps there are some rejected or fan-posted photos in the thread as well.

I don't mind that information in the thread, I just don't want unofficial items on the TOC.

Anyway, just my two cents.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I don't mind the rumor parts to the thread, as much, but would prefer to NOT list them in the Table of Contents.

For example, opening the TOC might inform me of a complete rebrand for Tennessee. Jumping through the link, I get to the page deeper in the thread with the actual content of the rebrand but perhaps there are some rejected or fan-posted photos in the thread as well.

I don't mind that information in the thread, I just don't want unofficial items on the TOC.

I think that a TOC would do the megathreads a lot of good. But like pianoknight said, leave the rumors out of it.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

c7QhWot.jpg

I really hope Colorado did not just dump some of the classiest, cleanest uni's in college football FOR EVEN ONE GAME, for this garbage

At first glance I kind of like those. The one thing that's bugged me for years is their helmet logo. It would seem to me to be ripe for a refinement. Keep the idea of the buffalo and CU but craft it better. Not overly modern or anything but right now, for me, the buffalo is clunky and unrefined, it just doesn't work. But maybe it has a long history that I'm ignoring that is the reason it hasn't been re-done.

colorado-buffaloes-replica-mini-helmet-3

c7QhWot.jpg

I really hope Colorado did not just dump some of the classiest, cleanest uni's in college football FOR EVEN ONE GAME, for this garbage

At first glance I kind of like those. The one thing that's bugged me for years is their helmet logo. It would seem to me to be ripe for a refinement. Keep the idea of the buffalo and CU but craft it better. Not overly modern or anything but right now, for me, the buffalo is clunky and unrefined, it just doesn't work. But maybe it has a long history that I'm ignoring that is the reason it hasn't been re-done.

colorado-buffaloes-replica-mini-helmet-3

I think it's one of the better logos in the NCAA. If the average person knows anything about animals, there's no denying what it is. It's much better than an over-designed piece of junk (see: 1996-2010 Buffalo Sabres).

Also, if you take away the CU part, it's similar to old and current Sabres logos, but without the extra limbs.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

What if we just had threads for each school's specific changes instead of megathreads? Wouldn't that serve the same purpose?

[Ducks]

Seriously, though, maybe sub-forums for each sport/league and then individual threads within that? I'd much rather be able to pick and choose team-based threads than deal with a megathread, even if it has a TOC. Seems like making a TOC is reinventing the wheel for no good reason.

I wasn't outlawing rumors or anything I was simply saying I won't include them in my post. Only confirmed changes. I agree that seprate threads for announcements are great for big changes, and as those are made I'll link to those in my post, but they aren't great for the general discussion stuff we get here and also arent necessary for one offs IMO so there's a gray area.

I'm not trying to change the way things are done around here, or backseat mod or anything, it's just something I've always thought would be helpful and since other people agreed and I had already posted at the top of the first page I thought I'd go ahead and start it up. Someone did something like this a few years back and it was helpful but just had what was confirmed and what wasn't, so you still had to search through the whole thread. That's all I want to simplify.

Colorado actually re-did that logo slightly in 2005. Here it was previously:

CivvlsC.jpg

Archived