College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bowling Green helmet is not real. Their equipment manager twitter account corrected UniSwag, even claiming that they couldn't use an adidas wing design anymore.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

A problem with Adidas is that its like they don't stitch anything anymore, every single jersey they produce is heat pressed on with those shiny metallic chrome numbers.

i don't really like the look of it either because sewn on numbers have a higher quality appearence, but i wouldn't call this a problem, its more of a solution really. if you think about making the jersey as form fitting, stretchy, and light as possible then they're doing the numbers and stripes right.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

A problem with Adidas is that its like they don't stitch anything anymore, every single jersey they produce is heat pressed on with those shiny metallic chrome numbers.

i don't really like the look of it either because sewn on numbers have a higher quality appearence, but i wouldn't call this a problem, its more of a solution really. if you think about making the jersey as form fitting, stretchy, and light as possible then they're doing the numbers and stripes right.

Probably one of the smartest and most sensible things I've read on here in a while.. Doesn't mean I prefer the look, but definitely makes sense.. I actually like the metallic look to the heat pressed numbers, but a nice twill is much more professional looking most of the time.. My single biggest gripe is the slashed stripes (and this coming from a pro-Adidas guy)

Not really, when Nike can make fabrics numbers that stretch too, it's a much bigger problem that Adidas puts numbers that look like they are made of duct tape

I think another thing is that when Nike used the chrome helmet & numbers for Oregon, it was truly innovative and they were the first team to do it. Also, to my knowledge, that's the only team that Nike has given those chrome numbers to.

Rutgers football also utilizes chrome numbers, but it does admittedly fit their M.O. as well.

-be18032c263d15de.jpg

IOWA HAWKEYES // KANSAS CITY CHIEFS // MINNESOTA TWINS

Light I agree with, but nikes are made of a stretch twill not classic tackle twill so it stretches with the jersey. It would appear adidas numbers don't stretch very well otherwise their would be no need for the slashes.

Yea that BG helmet has circulated for months now, I shot it down when i saw it back then. Definitely fake. Thankfully.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Oregon looks like they're going to continue using the green Mach Speed jerseys from the Rose Bowl, based on their choice of jerseys for Pac-12 Media Day photos. They should be moving over to a full Mach Speed uniform lineup this season, considering it'd be the start of their typical 3-year uniform cycle, even though they've had some form of them since the 2013-14 bowl season.

20596_707220202716985_427666998645526778

Agreed on the Oregon comments. The Rose Bowl uniforms were absolute beauties, and the best the Ducks have looked in a long time. I'd love to see the Rose Bowl jersey paired with a yellow helmet and yellow pants.

Another thing I'd like to see from Oregon is the Puddles logo on a helmet. I don't really care which of the colors they'd go with, but I really think Puddles would make for an awesome helmet logo.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Not really, when Nike can make fabrics numbers that stretch too, it's a much bigger problem that Adidas puts numbers that look like they are made of duct tape

Light I agree with, but nikes are made of a stretch twill not classic tackle twill so it stretches with the jersey. It would appear adidas numbers don't stretch very well otherwise their would be no need for the slashes.

yes Nike does it differently but that doesn't have anything to do with adidas. no one knows how similar their R&D is, what they know and are trying to achieve with their unifomrs, etc. maybe adidas is going all out for "performance" while Nike gives up a little for aesthetic. adidas has used a similar material to Nike (if not the very same) and you can see it on Texas A&M. but when designing a uniform that "maximizes compression zones across the chest and on the sides" im sure the screen printed and heat trasnfer applications play a part in that. so it's not that adidas "can't" do something, it's that they're doing these things to achieve certain goals. and decorating them in metallic materials is part of that as well

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

What Adidas has done with Nebraska's alternates is embarrassing. While Nebraska may have been mostly irrelevant for the past decade plus, they are still one of the ten most storied programs in the sport. You'd think Adidas would use them as platform to showcase their best creative work. Instead, they keep everything basically as is and randomly mix and match lazy generic fonts with the latest fads (black, matte, chrome, etc.) and crap them out.

I'm not opposed to using black or matte or whatever for one game if you make something unique and memorable out of it. At least start with something different and work from there.

tgdsyxk.jpg

Archived