College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When a team does a brand switch or anan massive equipment upgrade what happens with all the old stuff do they auction? donate? Something else? the stuff

A lot sell it. It would be dumb not to in today's uniform/equipment crazed world. Many do donate it, or even recycle them for practice uniforms and such. Some even just store some of the gear away. Certainly a case-by-case situation.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

t7282p.jpg

New UNLV alternate uni's. Big part of the rebranding, new coach, private jet and serious support.

Why are the numbers smaller than his hands?

#Nike

The small numbers represent the fight and courage of the Rebels for which this proud university has named it's mascot.

I thought it represented the overhangs at Husky Stadium?

Blatant photoshop of the first high school team to wear pro combats, Trinity High School. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/Nike-Dresses-Trinity-Trojans-in-Pro-Combat-Gear-129104553.html

When a team does a brand switch or anan massive equipment upgrade what happens with all the old stuff do they auction? donate? Something else? the stuff

Sometimes they donate. When Tennessee upgraded its uniforms to a new material a few years ago, they shipped their pants to Mercer University, who practiced in Tennessee orange pants in the months up until they began play in their own uniforms.

As well, a small community college near me, Chattahoochee Tech, received Georgia Tech's "Calvin-era" digs when Paul Johnson brought in the new uniforms in 2008.

i liked the older modern version of colorado's uniforms (minus the piping)

20090906_082847_S0907CUCSU233_300.jpg

Texas+v+Colorado+2C5okL9zcM8l.jpg

20081127__20081128_C01_SP28FBCCU~p1_200.

Yep... that set looked great when they wore their gold pants.

XyaXM3y.jpg

2kuPW3k.jpg

Sorry nothing comes close to the classic look. It's too bad their decade plus of futility has tarnished what was one of the best uniforms is cfb.

Are players never allowed to keep their jerseys?

Maybe it depends on the situation. I know of some players keeping a few jerseys, but a lot of them go up for sale to the public or directly to game-used jersey sellers. Illinois had a stadium sale once a year in which they sold game used football jerseys (along with other stuff). They removed the nameplates, and all the jerseys available were from random players with numbers in the 30s and 40s, but they were at least worn on the sidelines while games were taking place. I imagine the decent players either got to purchase their jerseys or they were made available pre-sale to important people.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

At Kent State, seniors would get their helmet and a jersey. Either home or away that eitherhte equipment Manager or hte coaches picked. As a student manager I got a helmet that will get displayed in my office when I start my next job.

At Kent State, seniors would get their helmet and a jersey. Either home or away that eitherhte equipment Manager or hte coaches picked. As a student manager I got a helmet that will get displayed in my office when I start my next job.

This was basically the standard practice for most programs and is still likely in place today although auction sites and fan sales have become a thing over the last 10 years or so. With that and the bowl game gear I think it's pretty safe to assume that players have at least a couple opportunities to acquire some of their own game used gear.

I know at Oregon they gift at least one jersey to them for Senior Day and then the players can buy the rest of their jerseys for between $90 and $150 (I'm not sure the exact price but it's somewhere in that range.) Any that aren't sold are then used for auction purposes (Oregon's own authentic page or donations to charitable organizations) and a stadium sale at the end of the year, where all kinds of other gear (jackets, pants, shirts, sports equipment, etc.) from the whole athletic department are also sold at reduced cost.

saw this from CFB Reddit...Did Colorado give sneak peak at new unis in the renderings for their new fundraising initiative?

c7QhWot.jpg

I really hope Colorado did not just dump some of the classiest, cleanest uni's in college football FOR EVEN ONE GAME, for this garbage

At first glance I kind of like those. The one thing that's bugged me for years is their helmet logo. It would seem to me to be ripe for a refinement. Keep the idea of the buffalo and CU but craft it better. Not overly modern or anything but right now, for me, the buffalo is clunky and unrefined, it just doesn't work. But maybe it has a long history that I'm ignoring that is the reason it hasn't been re-done.

colorado-buffaloes-replica-mini-helmet-3

I wonder if the dark grey shoulder areas are the school's latest attempt to get silver into their color scheme. (School colors are officially silver and gold)

While they've had moderate success doing this, the latest version with charcoal, black, and dark grey is just too much. Too busy.

With all the +silver attempts, they have never changed their helmet to include it. The easy route is to colorize the CU silver. With this uniform set you would have to pick dark grey to match up, which would be too dark, making the whole logo a blob.

saw this from CFB Reddit...Did Colorado give sneak peak at new unis in the renderings for their new fundraising initiative?

c7QhWot.jpg

I really hope Colorado did not just dump some of the classiest, cleanest uni's in college football FOR EVEN ONE GAME, for this garbage

At first glance I kind of like those. The one thing that's bugged me for years is their helmet logo. It would seem to me to be ripe for a refinement. Keep the idea of the buffalo and CU but craft it better. Not overly modern or anything but right now, for me, the buffalo is clunky and unrefined, it just doesn't work. But maybe it has a long history that I'm ignoring that is the reason it hasn't been re-done.

colorado-buffaloes-replica-mini-helmet-3

I wonder if the dark grey shoulder areas are the school's latest attempt to get silver into their color scheme. (School colors are officially silver and gold)

While they've had moderate success doing this, the latest version with charcoal, black, and dark grey is just too much. Too busy.

With all the +silver attempts, they have never changed their helmet to include it. The easy route is to colorize the CU silver. With this uniform set you would have to pick dark grey to match up, which would be too dark, making the whole logo a blob.

they could do that and swap the white on the home northwestern stripes with silver also outline the numbers with silver etc. and that that would look pretty good

That's the same design as their old set, no? Methinks that was a prototype that, thankfully, never saw the field.

I hope you're right. SMU should never wear BFBS and if you decide to try it, never use an old design to fo it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived