College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God do I wish Under Armour would give Notre Dame some metallic pants to match the golden domes. And to be honest, Notre Dame is the only team (besides Oregon) that I would love if they had the metallic jersey details. Keep the numbers white, but make the gold outline metallic to match the helmet and hopefully the pants.

Cincinnati has just released their under armour unis. '

CLgMOKiWoAAGL2w.jpg

Numbers need an outline

im not picking on you here, but let me say why they don't need an outline and why this is a very good uni from UA

first, nothing in the identity or other elements in the uniform has outlines, these are all solid 1 color shapes. the numbers are fairly unique, strong in their form, and of course the uniforms use great contrasting colors - there is no need for outlines.

the teeth pattern is subtle enough; i dont think it's something that will last many years but it is well done enough and is the one thing that carries the design and seperates it from other uniforms. the stripes themeselves are not terrible original, theres no stupid, flashy trends being used like chrome helmets (at least not yet) and there's nothing here that is really shocking visually. the stripe pattern is done in such a way to be cool, fresh, unique, and likable enough.

really, it's a "workhorse" sort of design. not Penn St minimal, but it's far from a trend driven design, and it's not built on something completely stupid like the bearcat is "hunting from the shadows". very solid uniform, i give it an A

I think the uniform would just be better with outlines. Does not having outlines detract from a good uniform in this case? No. I just think the white numbers by themselves look kinda bloated, if that makes any sense, but that could just be from the font's design. I just think outlines would make the uniform look better. It's just my opinion though, there's no need to go spreading it around.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I posted this helmet a while back when a recruit was posing with it. This is a better angle. Apparently, it will be a part of the rotation this year. It looks like they've just slapped the chrome facemask, helmet stripe, and oversized Pete logo onto their white shell.

Screen-Shot-2015-08-03-at-8.02.48-AM-810

I love OK State's embracement of modern design. They and Texas Tech are 2 of the leaders in terms of doing it right, imo. Maybe not 100%, but 90%, and that's good enough.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Cincinnati has just released their under armour unis. '

CLgMOKiWoAAGL2w.jpg

CLgNSIAWgAAXMc2.jpg

You gotta hand it to Under Armour for attempting to develop unique sleeve patterns for all their major schools. I think they're really trailblazing here, staking out their own design trends rather than fall into their competitors'. I thought Utah's set from last year was the best new one in the country. I don't think this Cinci one will be, but it's sharp enough (even though I'm nostalgic for their Jordan Brand basketball years and wish they could return to Nike and try to recapitalize on that identity).

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080315aaa.html

Subtle changes to Auburn, some of which have already been discussed. My key takeaway, their own website lists the previous facemask color as black. BLACK. Has this truly been the case all these years and we (at least I) haven't noticed? It says they are switching to dark blue masks.

Here are photos of Chris Davis' game worn helmet. It may be true? I am shocked if so. These are the details that are cringeworthy when your school colors are navy and orange.

11473b_lg.jpeg

11473h_lg.jpeg

11473a_lg.jpeg

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080315aaa.html

Subtle changes to Auburn, some of which have already been discussed. My key takeaway, their own website lists the previous facemask color as black. BLACK. Has this truly been the case all these years and we (at least I) haven't noticed? It says they are switching to dark blue masks.

Here are photos of Chris Davis' game worn helmet. It may be true? I am shocked if so. These are the details that are cringeworthy when your school colors are navy and orange.

11473b_lg.jpeg

11473h_lg.jpeg

11473a_lg.jpeg

In the photo in that article, you could see all the players pointing at the shoes saying "WHATRE THOSE??!!" XD

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

That middle Auburn photo clearly shows it to be a navy mask. A little darker than the decals, but that's normal.

Definitely not black.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I really dislike Under Armour ' s stripes across the front of the pants that they put on a lot of their uniforms. Take that and the collar design away and outline the numbers in red and this is a great look for Cincinnati.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

That middle Auburn photo clearly shows it to be a navy mask. A little darker than the decals, but that's normal.

Definitely not black.

I'm not seeing it. I'm seeing black. I might see a hint of color, only in that second photo, and only on 1 or 2 bars, but I'm also thinking it could be reflecting a nearby color. That color is nowhere near the blue on the helmet at all. Not even close.

The Auburn facemasks were not black. They've been a very dark navy for many years. The article got it wrong (even though Goldberg freaking interview the equipment manager). They're a new shade/finish of blue this year, as I've been detailing since April.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

The Auburn facemasks were not black. They've been a very dark navy for many years. The article got it wrong (even though Goldberg freaking interview the equipment manager). They're a new shade/finish of blue this year, as I've been detailing since April.

Well good for AU updating their mask finish. So long as it's an accurate representation, that's great. Even if the above wasn't black, it definitely pushed the limits towards black and was nowhere near navy blue. If this were a percentage of lightness with 0% being clear and 100% being black, this blue would fall around 95%. The old blue was hardly discernible.

Well good for AU updating their mask finish. So long as it's an accurate representation, that's great. Even if the above wasn't black, it definitely pushed the limits towards black and was nowhere near navy blue. If this were a percentage of lightness with 0% being clear and 100% being black, this blue would fall around 95%. The old blue was hardly discernible.

I agree with you there. It certainly pushed the black/navy envelope a lot more than I'd personally like.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived