College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose I get the reasoning for the shape of the helmet stripe but it still looks odd. In fact, I'm not sure it's got staying power even though I want it to.

I'm curious to see how the calendar shows up the fan versions of these what with the longer sleeves.

When you see what Nike did with the Florida State retail jerseys, with the sleeve pattern repeated multiple times whether than just once, I'd be scared too. Nike has recently decided to extend or multiply the shoulder designs, which is extremely over the top and pretty tacky.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I can't decide if I love or hate those San Diego State uniforms. The helmets definitely need two alterations though: the stripe would work better either with a uniform width or a much narrower back; and the logo sticker on the back has to go. It's a pointless addition that looks really out of place.

You love them. ;)

If you look on the helmet stripe, you can see why it's not a fixed-width stripe, as you can see the back of the stripe running along with the edge of the calendar. Otherwise you'd have a void between the stripe and the calendar. The stripe is really just covering up the flaws of slapping what is essentially a huge circle on the side of a helmet.

sg4hp2.jpg

Oregon does the same thing with their logo on the back. That doesn't necessarily make it right, but SDSU aren't the only ones to do it. I'm okay with it as they don't have their logo anywhere else on the helmet. I do think Oregon does it better, as the logo actually matches the finish of the wings.

oregon-yellow-helmet.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I suppose I get the reasoning for the shape of the helmet stripe but it still looks odd. In fact, I'm not sure it's got staying power even though I want it to.

I'm curious to see how the calendar shows up the fan versions of these what with the longer sleeves.

When you see what Nike did with the Florida State retail jerseys, with the sleeve pattern repeated multiple times whether than just once, I'd be scared too. Nike has recently decided to extend or multiply the shoulder designs, which is extremely over the top and pretty tacky.

they don't do that for Florida State

http://fansedge.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_1943000/ff_1943137_xl.jpg&w=245

image wouldn't work

I guess SDSU didn't go with Nike to create the fan version

2015_11731_New_Football_Jersey_Half_Spla

I'm disappointed but the bookstore did this with the baseball jerseys too.

sig.jpg

they don't do that for Florida State

http://fansedge.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_1943000/ff_1943137_xl.jpg&w=245

image wouldn't work

Guess I was picturing those t-shirts then.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Cincinnati has just released their under armour unis. '

CLgMOKiWoAAGL2w.jpg

For the most part it's a solid set, but those ShinStripes are killin' the overall look.

Do you know where shins are located?

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Cincinnati has just released their under armour unis. '

CLgMOKiWoAAGL2w.jpg

For the most part it's a solid set, but those ShinStripes are killin' the overall look.

Do you know where shins are located?
LowerQuadNotQuiteKneecapStripes
Midway.png

2015_11731_New_Football_Jersey_Half_Spla

What's wrong with the fan version?

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

What's wrong with the fan version?

The only thing I'm worried about with the bookstore using another vendor to create the fan version is the quality of the product. When I bought the baseball jersey it was on the flimsy side and short. When someone is spending $80 on a baseball jersey or $100 for the football jersey you'd expect it to be a quality product and since they are not going with Nike on it, it could be a crapshoot. I'll probably wait and see what others say about the jersey before I purchase one.

sig.jpg

these are pretty boss. I'd be shocked if they don't roll out a red jersey, some white pants and another helmet.

24buj5e.jpg

sg4hp2.jpg

2112qns.jpg

Very creative set. Between the NFL and college ranks, San Diego has impressive football uniforms.

Only change I would have made: stripeless solid black pants to go with the black jerseys and solid white pants to go with the white jerseys.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I posted this helmet a while back when a recruit was posing with it. This is a better angle. Apparently, it will be a part of the rotation this year. It looks like they've just slapped the chrome facemask, helmet stripe, and oversized Pete logo onto their white shell.

Screen-Shot-2015-08-03-at-8.02.48-AM-810

I love OK State's embracement of modern design. They and Texas Tech are 2 of the leaders in terms of doing it right, imo. Maybe not 100%, but 90%, and that's good enough.

I've never been a huge fan of the oversized helmet logo thing, but there's something about Pistol Pete that I find endearing.

**IT'S A SOUTHERN THING, LOVE...**

One of the changes I would have liked to see to the SDSU uniforms would have been white pants.

The other thing I see right off the rip is how the helmet stripe is rounded at the front and back. I think they should have carried that design element to the pants. A rounded stripes at the top and bottom of the pants would have made it a more cohesive look.

24buj5e.jpg

sg4hp2.jpg

2112qns.jpg

As a fellow Aztec fan, I'm looking forward to seeing this uni on the field. These are even nicer than the ones they had around 2003 with the southwestern sleeves. Maybe we'll play better on the field in these?

One of the changes I would have liked to see to the SDSU uniforms would have been white pants.

The other thing I see right off the rip is how the helmet stripe is rounded at the front and back. I think they should have carried that design element to the pants. A rounded stripes at the top and bottom of the pants would have made it a more cohesive look.

SDSU football has traditionally gone red/black/black at home, and don't want to change that.

If you look on the helmet stripe, you can see why it's not a fixed-width stripe, as you can see the back of the stripe running along with the edge of the calendar. Otherwise you'd have a void between the stripe and the calendar. The stripe is really just covering up the flaws of slapping what is essentially a huge circle on the side of a helmet.

I see that now, but it still looks bad. Such a weird shape.

Oregon does the same thing with their logo on the back. That doesn't necessarily make it right, but SDSU aren't the only ones to do it. I'm okay with it as they don't have their logo anywhere else on the helmet. I do think Oregon does it better, as the logo actually matches the finish of the wings.

oregon-yellow-helmet.jpg

I hate it when Oregon does it too. I do agree that they do it better (ignoring the decision to use chrome, and the worse decision to use it on a yellow helmet), since it at least matches the rest of the look. San Diego State's sticker just sticks out so much.

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

Archived