College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

The Jayhawks helmet with just the eyes is genius. Take that, de-chrome it, and pair it with a blue jersey.

Clever but gimmicky.

KU needs an identity not 64 different combinations like they've been rolling out the last few years. It's extra laughable when paired with the dreadful on-field performance. It's like a homeless person's Oregon in design (basically just make every part of the uniform with every color and every logo, throw in some chrome) that is trying to cover up for a train wreck team. They are doing it wrong...you get GOOD first, then you get to expand your brand potential. You don't suck and trot out a million terrible combinations.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Few items from around the country.

James Madison has updated to the Mach Speed template and will go full purple

CLsAMcuUsAEYE7b_zpspqd1gyk6.jpg

Michigan State wants its font back and TCU wants its numbers back.

its a uniform ordered from a catalog, were you really expecting custom uniforms, they also have Arizona gradient stripes too from a few years ago.

Only part holding back this uniform are the lower thigh stripes since those stripes would look so much better as full-length leg stripes. If there's one thing I dislike about Under Armour's uniform template/design tendency, it's that stupid lower thigh insert that they stick in on nearly every design.
I almost thought this was Houston. Funny how they could have had a solid throwback look to when Andre Ware was trying to win the Heisman only to go with generic sleeve caps.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Only part holding back this uniform are the lower thigh stripes since those stripes would look so much better as full-length leg stripes. If there's one thing I dislike about Under Armour's uniform template/design tendency, it's that stupid lower thigh insert that they stick in on nearly every design.
I almost thought this was Houston. Funny how they could have had a solid throwback look to when Andre Ware was trying to win the Heisman only to go with generic sleeve caps.

I almost thought it was Miami (OH) at first until seeing the double U logos on the helmets and jerseys.

Kentucky will now have the checkerboard pattern in the endzone:

CE-ewFeVIAATInZ.jpg

Breaking News.... Kentucky to add a red alternate uniform so they can look like both of their rivals. BTW the new UK logo looks like University of Houston. Good job UK

Bumping an old post, but in fairness to Kentucky, they had checkerboard end zones at Stoll Field as early as 1930. Tennessee didn't introduce their checkerboard until 1964. I agree about the "UH" logo, though. It's awful.

v4uooy.jpg

Bumping an old post, but in fairness to Kentucky, they had checkerboard end zones at Stoll Field as early as 1930. Tennessee didn't introduce their checkerboard until 1964. I agree about the "UH" logo, though. It's awful.

v4uooy.jpg

Tennessee had checkerboards dating to the 1930s as well, to mimic the checkerboard pattern found on Ayers Hall, the academic building that overlooks what is now Neyland Stadium.

The first use of Orange and White checkerboards at Tennessee was indeed 1964.

For more: http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112312aaa.html

:down:

I am reliably informed that we will not be getting new uni's this season.

Dear Kansas,

Your best looks are the ones that have similarities to the Giants or Bills. Please stop all this useless crap.

Sincerely,

Most everyone who cares about football aesthetics.

08_colorado_kansas.jpgKUvsSEMSU%2020140906%20SLK%20086F.JPG

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Poor photo, but Hawaii has new uniforms. Looks like a floral/Hawaiian/something pattern on the pants and shoulder caps.

CLvtv3nWIAAMReX.jpg

I believe it's the same pattern that was used on the previous uniform set at the shoulders/sleeves and the pants stripe. The thing that gets to me is Hawaii has a lot of design elements - the June Jones era introduced the new athletics logo, font, and tapa striping, which incorporated triangular elements. McMackin's era continued to use the tapa pattern, but later introduced the "tattoo" pattern, which still incorporated triangular elements, but became less angular and more rounded. Then Chow's era reintroduced the Rainbow and a whole other design element. Each design grew on me, but I hope it doesn't come to a point where all the elements are smashed together into a single uniform.

On a side note, UH is working on a deal with Under Armour to outfit all of their athletics teams.

So no one is going to talk about the glow in the dark Oregon uniforms?

What is there to about? They're just that way for promotional stuff this season. As whole, it fits in with Oregon's athletic department-wide use of glow-in-the-dark/neon signage and accents on all their internet sites and social media accounts. Also, if you saw the jerseys they were wearing for Pac-12 Media Day photo shoots, you'd see the uniforms aren't much different from last season's uniforms.

Archived