College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got this in the mail yesterday. I'm not sure why but these uniforms look amazing to me on the cover. Maybe the yellow/gold background is playing a part. I've never really had a strong opinion one way or the other before:

Screen_Shot_2015-08-05_at_12.03.50_PM.0.

They kind of look purple in that picture. My first thought was late 90s Washington Huskies.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Dear Kansas,

Your best looks are the ones that have similarities to the Giants or Bills. Please stop all this useless crap.

Sincerely,

Most everyone who cares about football aesthetics.

08_colorado_kansas.jpgKUvsSEMSU%2020140906%20SLK%20086F.JPG

That uniform with the red helmet is not one of their best. And the Giants copycats are meh.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Dear Kansas,

Your best looks are the ones that have similarities to the Giants or Bills. Please stop all this useless crap.

Sincerely,

Most everyone who cares about football aesthetics.

08_colorado_kansas.jpgKUvsSEMSU%2020140906%20SLK%20086F.JPG

That uniform with the red helmet is not one of their best. And the Giants copycats are meh.

I agree about the red helmets, but I do like the Giants-esque uniforms. It's a distinctive enough look in college football, anyway.

**IT'S A SOUTHERN THING, LOVE...**

Got this in the mail yesterday. I'm not sure why but these uniforms look amazing to me on the cover. Maybe the yellow/gold background is playing a part. I've never really had a strong opinion one way or the other before:

Screen_Shot_2015-08-05_at_12.03.50_PM.0.

They kind of look purple in that picture. My first thought was late 90s Washington Huskies.

One pet peeve I have is that the gold pants don't match the helmet gold. Instead it's sort of a mustard color. Adidas is the one who originally screwed this up and I was hoping that Under Armour would fix it but I guess not.

Press release from Adidas

Texas A&M and adidas today unveiled the Aggie Nights Primeknit alternate football uniform, which will be worn by the Aggies exclusively on Halloween, Saturday, October 31st, versus South Carolina at Kyle Field. Developed in collaboration with Texas A&M Athletics, the new special edition uniform is at the forefront of design and innovation, providing players with the perfect blend of style and technology for elite performance.

Centered around an all-black theme for Halloween, the Aggie Nights Primeknit alternate uniform features Texas A&M's "Lone Star Logo" clear-coated seamlessly into the black satin finish of a HydroSkin helmet from Hydro Graphics Inc. (HGI). This innovative helmet features all-new reflective technology to light up the night. The black jersey and pants are highlighted with silver metallic numbers and stripes with carbon-fiber detailing, while the "Texas A&M" moniker is featured in metallic maroon lettering with carbon-fiber detailing across the chest. Additionally, the Lone Star Logo is also incorporated into the pant stripes, creating a cohesive signature look.

Made with a cutting-edge, proprietary yarn blend that increases durability and abrasion resistance, Primeknit is the premier compression uniform system, featuring the latest generation of adidas TECHFIT technology. Primeknit helps keep players cool and increases range of motion, giving athletes an unrivaled level of comfort and allowing them to perform at their highest levels. The jersey's padlock system secures tension over the shoulder pads, while the bodymap fit adheres to the player, making it difficult for opponents to grab, hold or tackle.

Rounding out the head-to-toe package is the TECHFIT gun show baselayer, featuring an oversized graphic Lone Star Logo on the chest, the adizero 5-Star 4.0 gloves, and the adizero 5-Star 4.0 cleats. The adizero 5-Star 4.0, lighter than any competitor cleat at 8.0 ounces, has a SPRINTSKIN upper with SHOCKWEB reinforcement and a 5-Star frame plate that provides maximum acceleration and multi-directional traction, while the adizero 5-Star 4.0 gloves feature 4-way stretch mesh for compression fit and GripTack 2.0 for consistent control in all weather conditions.

Those are so ugly it hurts. Will not watch that game.

You won't watch a football game because of uniforms? That's a little strange. I mean they are just BFBS, not much better or worse than most others who do the same thing. Just pretty meh, IMO.

Archived