College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Oregon may be ditching the helmet wings on either some or all of their helmets, based on this photo from their Instagram account and those close to the program. In the photo, the black helmet now looks to be matte black with no chrome wings. Not sure I like them using multiple helmet designs since it'd look a little incohesive.

3746921.jpg

I can slightly see what looks to be black wing decals on the side of the helmet. Maybe.

Based off of what we've seen with this new A&M black helmet I think it's a safe bet that these Oregon black helmets will do the same thing.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, black uniforms at the **forefront of performance technology**! More teams should do this -_-

At least the reveal poses aren't nearly as douchey as Nike (you know: roaring, shooting out lightning bolts, etc.)

Hmm, I dunno. You don't consider the flexing, and throwing up 3 fingers, to be at least a little douchey as well?

I definitely prefer Nike's aesthetics when it comes to their promotional marketing and uniform reveals.

Yeah, Nike's not self-aggrandizing.

HO14_NFB_ICONIC_OHIOSTATE_OREGON_16X9_or

Ok, so it's an angel and demon.... errr, no not quite. Is Ohio State a demon? No wait.... oh I get it... wings for Oregon because they're the Ducks. And a cape for Ohio State because Buckeyes are known to have cape... wait... that's not it. Hmmm... Ohio State is a champion? Yeah! They won the Big Ten, so they're a conference champ and are wearing a cape like a warrior or prize fighter. And since Oregon won the Pac-12, they're also wearing a ca... ummm wings? Wait, maybe it's an Avengers tie-in? Oregon is The Falcon and Ohio State is Thor? Does that make Alabama into The Hulk? Who's Florida State? Captain America?

Hmmm... maybe Nike is kinda douchey, too.

They certainly can be douchey. I'm not denying that. This is an extreme example though. Most of their stuff isn't this obnoxious.

ZHXNWCDBTEKRZZI.20111227062022.jpg

This is what I like -- simple and clean, which let's the uniform speak for itself.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Wow, black uniforms at the **forefront of performance technology**! More teams should do this -_-

At least the reveal poses aren't nearly as douchey as Nike (you know: roaring, shooting out lightning bolts, etc.)

Hmm, I dunno. You don't consider the flexing, and throwing up 3 fingers, to be at least a little douchey as well?

I definitely prefer Nike's aesthetics when it comes to their promotional marketing and uniform reveals.

Yeah, Nike's not self-aggrandizing.

HO14_NFB_ICONIC_OHIOSTATE_OREGON_16X9_or

Ok, so it's an angel and demon.... errr, no not quite. Is Ohio State a demon? No wait.... oh I get it... wings for Oregon because they're the Ducks. And a cape for Ohio State because Buckeyes are known to have cape... wait... that's not it. Hmmm... Ohio State is a champion? Yeah! They won the Big Ten, so they're a conference champ and are wearing a cape like a warrior or prize fighter. And since Oregon won the Pac-12, they're also wearing a ca... ummm wings? Wait, maybe it's an Avengers tie-in? Oregon is The Falcon and Ohio State is Thor? Does that make Alabama into The Hulk? Who's Florida State? Captain America?

Hmmm... maybe Nike is kinda douchey, too.

Nah, Alabama would've been Captain America and Florida State would've been Iron-Man.

I couldn't help but laugh a little when I read that adidas' jerseys have a padlock system.

Glow in the dark uniforms and helmets better not be the next trend

Nothing would surprised me in college football, but I doubt it just because you wouldn't see the results on well-lit fields. It might make for some "kewl" fan gear at postgame parties, but fans wouldn't be inspired to buy them since the jerseys would never look like that on the field.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Oregon may be ditching the helmet wings on either some or all of their helmets, based on this photo from their Instagram account and those close to the program. In the photo, the black helmet now looks to be matte black with no chrome wings. Not sure I like them using multiple helmet designs since it'd look a little incohesive.

3746921.jpg

I can slightly see what looks to be black wing decals on the side of the helmet. Maybe.

Based off of what we've seen with this new A&M black helmet I think it's a safe bet that these Oregon black helmets will do the same thing.

I think you're right.

It might look cool if they actually played in the dark. (Obvious photoshop below)

CH5rh5lUEAAtctI.jpg

Won't these helmets just be black under the lights?

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

3746921.jpg

I think you're right.

It might look cool if they actually played in the dark. (Obvious photoshop below)

CH5rh5lUEAAtctI.jpg

Yea good point. I would hope the designer of the 'technology' would have tested this in real life conditions. We'll all find out soon.

On Kansas I don't think they need grey/silver at all. Just blue white and red. Get rid of all Trajan and use the circus font from 88. And another thing that bugs me is KU. We have been called KU for years and it's on our jerseys and helmets. We even had Bball uniforms that said Kansas University. Yet it is really the University of Kansas. They need to fix that.

And another thing that bugs me is KU. We have been called KU for years and it's on our jerseys and helmets. We even had Bball uniforms that said Kansas University. Yet it is really the University of Kansas. They need to fix that.

How do you propose to change that? Change the name of the school? KU sounds much better than UK? That's some pretty trivial stuff that's never bothered me for a moment.

I can't fathom why glow in the dark uniforms would actually become a thing. Maybe some new reflective materials could be in the future.

And another thing that bugs me is KU. We have been called KU for years and it's on our jerseys and helmets. We even had Bball uniforms that said Kansas University. Yet it is really the University of Kansas. They need to fix that.

How do you propose to change that? Change the name of the school? KU sounds much better than UK? That's some pretty trivial stuff that's never bothered me for a moment.

I can't fathom why glow in the dark uniforms would actually become a thing. Maybe some new

reflective materials could be in the future.

Cause the university of Kentucky trademarked it? I think if them when I think UK, for college at least.

I can't fathom why glow in the dark uniforms would actually become a thing. Maybe some new reflective materials could be in the future.

I don't think the glow in the dark stuff is going to be a thing, beyond being photoshopped on for promotional purposes. Many teams (including Oregon) already have reflective stuff on them so it's not exactly new. The black uniform you see of Oregon's is no different than what they've worn in previous seasons so I doubt it'll be glow in the dark now.

I want them to keep KU. Just make the university name Kansas University.

3746921.jpg

I think you're right.

CH5rh5lUEAAtctI.jpg

Looks like those glow in the dark Nerf basketballs

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I swear it's like an old Big 8 thing. NU, OU, KU, MU and CU. It keeps the U at the end when you add in ISU, KSU and OSU.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

We are the first school in the country to use the light-reflective application. Kudos to Matt Watson and his work with Hydrographics.

This is from Jason Cook, A&M's senior associate AD and big in the marketing and such with A&M.

Hopefully they will also be the last.

I swear it's like an old Big 8 thing. NU, OU, KU, MU and CU. It keeps the U at the end when you add in ISU, KSU and OSU.
I completely forgot about those too. Am I the only person it bugs?

Yes. Because it is an old Big 8 thing. And being KU etc. is actually a tradition. "Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk, KU." Kansas IS KU.

Never seen uniforms that said "Kansas University" though...that's a whole other issue.

Yes. Because it is an old Big 8 thing. And being KU etc. is actually a tradition. "Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk, KU." Kansas IS KU.

Never seen uniforms that said "Kansas University" though...that's a whole other issue.

In phone so can't post but here's those uniforms

http://www.kualumni.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/img_news_bma1.jpg

And since KU stands for Kansas University i just think it's wierd when it's a logo for the University of Kansas. Especially when they are put together.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Kansas_School_of_Law#/media/File:University_of_Kansas_wordmark.png

Archived