College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And another thing that bugs me is KU. We have been called KU for years and it's on our jerseys and helmets. We even had Bball uniforms that said Kansas University. Yet it is really the University of Kansas. They need to fix that.

How do you propose to change that? Change the name of the school? KU sounds much better than UK? That's some pretty trivial stuff that's never bothered me for a moment.

I can't fathom why glow in the dark uniforms would actually become a thing. Maybe some new reflective materials could be in the future.

I want them to keep KU. Just make the university name Kansas University.
I swear it's like an old Big 8 thing. NU, OU, KU, MU and CU. It keeps the U at the end when you add in ISU, KSU and OSU.
I completely forgot about those too. Am I the only person it bugs?

I've heard our fans (OK State) give OU a hard time about somehow thinking it was a good idea to abbreviate the 'University of Oklahoma' to 'OU'. I'm sure the other schools on the list hear the same things from opposing fans. It's petty, but some of our fans like to call them UO out of spite. :)

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I'm assuming the glow in the dark for Oregon is for the season tickets. They tweeted today something about how last years design implement (scratch and sniff) is out and something new is in this year.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

It's probably too late to bandwagon, but Hawaii could easily rock something similar to SDSU with a tribal pattern. This kind of look might be even cooler in their shades of black and dark green.

Not to try to court controversy again, but aren't "tribal patterns" against NCAA policy?

Don't think they've done the normal green jerseys since the new helmets have they? I'd like to see this:

2ccsRYx.png

As great as that looks, the green jerseys are generally seen as back luck. BC in 2002, USC in 2005. Last we wore them was against Army in Yankee Stadium back in 2010, which we won, but it was Army.

But if they DO come back, I'd love to see kelly green as opposed to the forest green that Weis brought in. UA has been using a lighter shade with other sports, and both navy and gold accents would look sharp.

NotreDame2.jpg

I wish that green was a regular part of Notre Dame football's identity. An accent or number outline, and then tied in with a kelly green alternate that is used at least once or twice a season. This might even be able to be moved to unpopular opinions, too.

Don't think they've done the normal green jerseys since the new helmets have they? I'd like to see this:

2ccsRYx.png

As great as that looks, the green jerseys are generally seen as back luck. BC in 2002, USC in 2005. Last we wore them was against Army in Yankee Stadium back in 2010, which we won, but it was Army.

But if they DO come back, I'd love to see kelly green as opposed to the forest green that Weis brought in. UA has been using a lighter shade with other sports, and both navy and gold accents would look sharp.

NotreDame2.jpg

I'm surprised they haven't unveiled a kelly green alternate yet, since it is so prevalent in other sports, and so much of the merchandise is kelly green as well. I've always loved kelly green for Notre Dame, and pretty much all my ND stuff is kelly green, so obviously I'd love a return to it for football. The whole "bad luck" thing is ridiculous. It was two games. They've also won championships and Heisman trophies in kelly green, so that stigma is totally unwarranted.

spacer.png

Have you seen Florida State's uniforms? (Or SDSU's for that matter.)

Well, Florida State has the NCAA's blessing, but San Diego State kind of falls into Illini-like territory, doesn't it?

FSU has the blessing of the Seminole tribe, not the NCAA

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

They certainly can be douchey. I'm not denying that. This is an extreme example though. Most of their stuff isn't this obnoxious.

ZHXNWCDBTEKRZZI.20111227062022.jpg

This is what I like -- simple and clean, which let's the uniform speak for itself.

This presentation is a different kind of bad though, and it's not something only Nike does. The lighting is such crap that you can't see the details of the uniform very well. This is more annoying to me than the other stuff, as absurd as it can get.

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

They certainly can be douchey. I'm not denying that. This is an extreme example though. Most of their stuff isn't this obnoxious.

This is what I like -- simple and clean, which let's the uniform speak for itself.

This presentation is a different kind of bad though, and it's not something only Nike does. The lighting is such crap that you can't see the details of the uniform very well. This is more annoying to me than the other stuff, as absurd as it can get.

Yea, I was tempted to call him out on this as well - the lighting distorts everything so badly, it totally masks the actual uniform.

Well, Florida State has the NCAA's blessing, but San Diego State kind of falls into Illini-like territory, doesn't it?

Actually, the Seminole Nation of Florida approved it. However, the Seminole Nation of Oklahoma (my tribe) rejected the name. Mind you, most of the unified tribe population was forced west due to the Trail of Tears.

Also, both subnations have a say so in the decision. SN Florida was in the wrong.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

Yea, I was tempted to call him out on this as well - the lighting distorts everything so badly, it totally masks the actual uniform.

Agreed. I like what Oregon does, but this picture was a part of that presentation for that 2012 Rose Bowl. Just SLIGHTLY over the top.

tumblr_lx4axyIciN1r86ql0o1_1280.jpg

Actually, the Seminole Nation of Florida approved it. However, the Seminole Nation of Oklahoma (my tribe) rejected the name. Mind you, most of the unified tribe population was forced west due to the Trail of Tears.

Also, both subnations have a say so in the decision. SN Florida was in the wrong.

That's interesting. Had never heard this before.

My mind thinks back to the Simpsons episode where the Cleveland Indians have a parade float in which the paper mache' was made entirely of broken peace treaties. :(

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

And another thing that bugs me is KU. We have been called KU for years and it's on our jerseys and helmets. We even had Bball uniforms that said Kansas University. Yet it is really the University of Kansas. They need to fix that.

How do you propose to change that? Change the name of the school? KU sounds much better than UK? That's some pretty trivial stuff that's never bothered me for a moment.

I can't fathom why glow in the dark uniforms would actually become a thing. Maybe some new reflective materials could be in the future.

My degree says University of Kansas. Most of my Jayhawks gear says KU or Kansas. It's just one of those quirks that is what it is. I've heard multiple explanations for the use of KU. I don't think anybody really knows the true reason for it. KU works well in chants and inadvertently distinguishes us from the UK of Kentucky. It just works.

As for the use of the Trajan font, I like it and it is what I am accustomed to. KU had the unique circus font for years. Trajan is also rather unique, but more modern than the Circus font. I think Trajan looks sleek on sports uniforms and I like how KU has used it in all its branding (academic and athletic).

My biggest peeve with Kansas sport uniforms came during Weiss's tenure as football coach; the multilple colored combination of uniforms was as bad as the team's on-field performance. Good riddance to Weiss and his uniforms.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk. KU !!!

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I swear it's like an old Big 8 thing. NU, OU, KU, MU and CU. It keeps the U at the end when you add in ISU, KSU and OSU.
I completely forgot about those too. Am I the only person it bugs?

I've heard our fans (OK State) give OU a hard time about somehow thinking it was a good idea to abbreviate the 'University of Oklahoma' to 'OU'. I'm sure the other schools on the list hear the same things from opposing fans. It's petty, but some of our fans like to call them UO out of spite. :)

Aggies call Texas t.u. It used to annoy them. Now they just roll their eyes

Archived