College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

D2 West Florida (my alma mater) is having a practice only first year this season but today they unveiled their helmet:

CMN_O21W8AEAUob.jpg

The full uniform unveil is set for Monday.

That is great news! I was accepted to go there but I chose cold and rainy University Park, PA. Go figure. Do they start playing next year?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup 2016. They've got 5 intrasquad scrimmages this year (including one in the downtown stadium) and then right into full on 11 game schedule, including an 8 game Gulf South Conference torture chamber.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

New EMU road uniforms designed by the seniors. The new wings are nice but the rest is trash.

EMU will also have these "patriotic" alternantes.

CMQBSaQVAAA1WIo.jpg

CMQBSW9VEAAQgB8.jpg

Air Force can get away with this look. Eastern Michigan, not so much.

New EMU road uniforms designed by the seniors. The new wings are nice but the rest is trash.

EMU will also have these "patriotic" alternantes.

CMQBSaQVAAA1WIo.jpg

CMQBSW9VEAAQgB8.jpg

Air Force can get away with this look. Eastern Michigan, not so much.

But hey! Batman FONT! BAT-freaking-MAN.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Stripes are on the undershirts

Correct

CMS3C6vWIAEDKV9.png

That definitely looks better than what's on the mannequin.

Notre Dame will wear:

CMS0eQzVEAAuSZs.jpgCMS0eaEUEAAVKRp.jpg

Also these exist now:

CMS04CKWgAEC33F.png

I'm getting all of this from @uniwatch on Twitter, btw

BC - we haven't seen stripes applied to an undershirt for a year or two (thinking Army was the last one) but it's never gone wrong. im totally convinced at this point that a hot weather and cold weather undershirt option should be mandatory for football uniforms and that stripes should move from the shoulders (jersey) to those sleeves. the material is light enough and water wicking so the big guys should feel comfortable while wearing them. (i'd also push for a hot/cold weather sock option while we're at it). the throwback looks great.

ND - im really more impressed with the presentation than the uniform, UA is doing the best job of that right now. i love the green color but surprisingly, this is one of the worst uniforms ND has ever had. that ugly logo on the helmet with all the white knocked out looks brutal, the numbers will be impossible to read (and i believe this is a night game?) you've got them in the standard UA template, and as much as i like the color, they really over did it here - just way too much green. the pants' stripe going up the leg dosn't pair with any other element on the uniform and the helmet stripe dosen't pair to well with the rest of them because of the alternate color application. it feels like each piece was designed by a different person and that's the way i felt about a lot of Nike's stuff until this year. UA is struggling right now to even execute the basic principles of uniform design, like contrasting readable numbers.

UCLA - love the colors, and as far as an alternate goes, this is a good foundation for one. the blue and gold on black would be really great under the lights. i'd love to see a small attempt at consistency and repitition though; there are 3 UCLA logos on this uniform and they're all treated differently, the best being the metallic gold helmet decal. some restraint on the metallic ink would be great too, like a non-metallic blue to pair with the metallic gold. i would grade it as a C at best but the sad thing is, this is one of the better adidas uniforms of the last 2 years.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived