College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

The ND twitter account said "WE ARE THE GREEN MONSTER"....yea, ok.

The uniforms are pretty meh, to be honest. The helmet is the problem for me. Chrome leprechaun decals are very tough to see on the gold domes. The blue and green helmet stripes leads to a facemask split down the middle with the same colors. It's pretty minor with the colors, but once you see it, it's a bit tough to see past that.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jersey itself is very, very good. I hate that the school and UA have used navy numbers on green jerseys since the change, but that it was it is.

It fits very uniformly into the school-wide brand, which is great.

Wish they’d wear gold pants with them, but it’s whatever at this point. Really well designed though. Cool elements; could be better, could be a lot worse. Which makes it a good Shamrock Series get-up.

6fQjS3M.png

The uniforms are pretty meh, to be honest. The helmet is the problem for me. Chrome leprechaun decals are very tough to see on the gold domes. The blue and green helmet stripes leads to a facemask split down the middle with the same colors. It's pretty minor with the colors, but once you see it, it's a bit tough to see past that.

WE ARE THE GREEN MONSTER THAT USUALLY WEARS BLUE AND MAYBE LIKE FOUR TIMES HAVE WORN GREEN, BUT MOSTLY BLUE, AMIRIGHT GUYS? GO BOSOX.

What the Holy Hell, Notre Dame? My buddy suggested that they should play a game in Rome wearing papal outfits.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Wait...Notre Dame is wearing green against BC?

*makes popcorn*

*stakes out ND fan websites on BC gameday for schadenfreude*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Stripes are on the undershirts

Correct

CMS3C6vWIAEDKV9.png

That definitely looks better than what's on the mannequin.

Notre Dame will wear:

CMS0eQzVEAAuSZs.jpgCMS0eaEUEAAVKRp.jpg

Also these exist now:

CMS04CKWgAEC33F.png

I'm getting all of this from @uniwatch on Twitter, btw

BC - we haven't seen stripes applied to an undershirt for a year or two (thinking Army was the last one)

Texas Tech's throwback last year had sleeve stripes on the undershirt.

Not sure why the BC logo in on the shoulders...it isn't true to the throwback, and doesn't really add anything. Even in the Glenn Foley years (different BC uni era, with stripe on helmet) the BC logo was on the sleeves.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Correct

CMS3C6vWIAEDKV9.png

Notre Dame will wear:

Also these exist now:

CMS04CKWgAEC33F.png

BC - we haven't seen stripes applied to an undershirt for a year or two (thinking Army was the last one) but it's never gone wrong. im totally convinced at this point that a hot weather and cold weather undershirt option should be mandatory for football uniforms and that stripes should move from the shoulders (jersey) to those sleeves. the material is light enough and water wicking so the big guys should feel comfortable while wearing them. (i'd also push for a hot/cold weather sock option while we're at it). the throwback looks great.

ND - im really more impressed with the presentation than the uniform, UA is doing the best job of that right now. i love the green color but surprisingly, this is one of the worst uniforms ND has ever had. that ugly logo on the helmet with all the white knocked out looks brutal, the numbers will be impossible to read (and i believe this is a night game?) you've got them in the standard UA template, and as much as i like the color, they really over did it here - just way too much green. the pants' stripe going up the leg dosn't pair with any other element on the uniform and the helmet stripe dosen't pair to well with the rest of them because of the alternate color application. it feels like each piece was designed by a different person and that's the way i felt about a lot of Nike's stuff until this year. UA is struggling right now to even execute the basic principles of uniform design, like contrasting readable numbers.

UCLA - love the colors, and as far as an alternate goes, this is a good foundation for one. the blue and gold on black would be really great under the lights. i'd love to see a small attempt at consistency and repitition though; there are 3 UCLA logos on this uniform and they're all treated differently, the best being the metallic gold helmet decal. some restraint on the metallic ink would be great too, like a non-metallic blue to pair with the metallic gold. i would grade it as a C at best but the sad thing is, this is one of the better adidas uniforms of the last 2 years.

Texas tech had the stripes on their throwbacks last year.

IMG_542215254029425.jpeg

IMG_542219198726488.jpeg

Now that I'm back in Auburn, I went to visit the bookstores yesterday and saw a mannequin with the new uniforms on it. Of course my uniform curiousity, I went over to give it a look. The jersey is actually very tight, even just on a mannequin. It was pretty tough to get a grab on it, especially the tighter areas. The little slack that was on it was the only grab-able part, and I could only grab a small bit of it

CMPHubcWEAAV_pY.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Now that I'm back in Auburn, I went to visit the bookstores yesterday and saw a mannequin with the new uniforms on it. Of course my uniform curiousity, I went over to give it a look. The jersey is actually very tight, even just on a mannequin. It was pretty tough to get a grab on it, especially the tighter areas. The little slack that was on it was the only grab-able part, and I could only grab a small bit of it

CMPHubcWEAAV_pY.jpg

I'm sure the bookstore workers are wondering why some guy is feeling up the mannequinn.

Jersey itself is very, very good. I hate that the school and UA have used navy numbers on green jerseys since the change, but that it was it is.

It fits very uniformly into the school-wide brand, which is great.

Wish theyd wear gold pants with them, but its whatever at this point. Really well designed though. Cool elements; could be better, could be a lot worse. Which makes it a good Shamrock Series get-up.

These are pretty much my thoughts exactly. I wish all ND's green uniforms had gold numbers with blue trim, and I'd like to see the jersey stripes continue into the sleeves to better match the pants. The helmet is alright--could probably do without the stripes and with a bigger logo on each side.

Overall, though, a really nice look.

Correct

CMS3C6vWIAEDKV9.png

Notre Dame will wear:

Also these exist now:

CMS04CKWgAEC33F.png

My take on the new stuff:

BC: looks fine.

ND: like clintau24 said, meh. The all green is kind of an eye sore, the leprechaun gets lost on the helmet. I like what UA is trying to do with the QuadStripes, but they have to know when to stop. This and Utah's throwback's didn't need them. The lack of white will make things hard to read. All in all, meh but not a complete loss I feel.

And finally, Adidas/UCLA/Eastern Michigan: STOP

I fear for UCLA's basketball uniforms.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I'm a fan of BC's look. Simple and clean. I like the shoulder logos. ND is basically a cookie cutter version of some of their more recent unveilings. At least they're trying to have a side stripe with the quad stripes... The way I see it is that UA didn't want to do two simple/throwback uniforms. I don't think it's physically possible for them to be that restrained. Also, has UA had "I Will" on the footballs for all their unveilings?

Side note: The ND Twitter unveiling video was cool for the (now former) walk-on being the model.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

re: Notre Dame:

1. I don't like the green pants; should've kept the iconic gold
  2. I don't like the helmet at all, basically, except for I guess keeping the base gold color
  3. I don't like the striping and think Notre Dame should've stayed without any
  4. I want to like the numerals, but I guess they're dependent on the striping staying, which I don't want

re: Boston College:

1. solid job all around, though the pants stripe doesn't seem thick enough
  2. A+ job putting the old sleeve stripes on the base layer, a la Oregon State; I really want this to be a trend

re: UCLA:

1. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

WE ARE THE GREEN MONSTER THAT USUALLY WEARS BLUE AND MAYBE LIKE FOUR TIMES HAVE WORN GREEN, BUT MOSTLY BLUE, AMIRIGHT GUYS? GO BOSOX.

What the Holy Hell, Notre Dame? My buddy suggested that they should play a game in Rome wearing papal outfits.

To be fair, Notre Dame has worn green jerseys a lot more than four times.

/these would be good jerseys simply paired with a plain gold helmet and pants.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived