College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UND with new adidas uniforms & Glad Force Trash Bag Template of course (stole that word from Uni Watch)

Is it me or do all the generic adidas uniforms look the same ? (Referring to Fla. Tech who looks like a clone of Ga Southern in different colors)

CMn-89ZVEAASuec.jpg

CMke0O_UsAAA14x.jpg

Didnt see this posted but Eastern Michigan is supposed to wear this to honor a track coach

CMYv2X7UwAAkAV8.png

If you're going to take a picture of your new uniforms could you be bothered to tuck the pads in?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

FSU is getting rid of the crossing spears on the back on the helmet. Fixing yet another part of Nike's original mess.

• Crossing Spears. Goodbye.

This is my only issue. I loved the crossing spears. I thought it was a nice, subtle innovation that Nike came up with that went a long way. It reminded me of something that would happen in the 60s when helmets actually had some character as opposed to the same sterile look that is everywhere now. I thought it was a great modernization. It wasn't over the top. It kept proper scaling. It didn't interfere with any other elements. It didn't neuter any classical elements. It was fantastic. It was something that ONLY FSU would have. Small design elements like that are what make uniforms great.

Could you image if the crossing spears had been around since the beginning of the spear helmet and then Nike would have gotten ridden of it? It would have been hell. Yeah, the crossing spears may not have been vintage/classic/traditional... but it was a great design element that enhanced the set.

To along with the helmet that was posted earlier in the thread, here are West Florida's uniforms, which were revealed today:

PENSACOLA, Fla. – The University of West Florida football team has unveiled the program's first official uniforms. The uniforms will feature four different combinations for home and away, with the primary home uniform featuring a royal blue jersey with white pants and the primary away uniform featuring a white jersey with grey pants.

"When you see our uniforms you see the University of West Florida," UWF football offensive coordinator Jammie Deese said. "It is a jersey that our players are going to be excited about and I feel like it will resonate with our alumni, the student body and the members of the Pensacola community."

The uniform will include a Nike Modified Gunner Game Jersey with Nike Modified Gunner Game Pants, along with royal blue Nike Vapor Pro Low Cut and Nike Alpha Pro 2 3/4 cleats with black accents with a white Nike logo on the sides.

"I don't think I settled in on my top three designs until about six months into the design process," Deese said. "From there it was just making a decision on what we felt would fit the university and at the same time represent our players and make them excited as well. At one point in time I probably had 45 different uniform combinations that I was working with and I probably had about 70 helmet designs."

Full Story: http://goargos.com/news/2015/8/14/FB_0814154027.aspx

Link to picture gallery: http://goargos.com/galleries/?gallery=213

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

I understand why Florida State chose to uncross the spears on their helmets. Was I the only one that noticed the cross section of the decal would often come unglued from the helmets during games last season? That's a bad look. It was a good idea, it just didn't work.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I understand why Florida State chose to uncross the spears on their helmets. Was I the only one that noticed the cross section of the decal would often come unglued from the helmets during games last season? That's a bad look. It was a good idea, it just didn't work.

I think a few noticed them, especially when they had other patches back there it showed out more.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

To along with the helmet that was posted earlier in the thread, here are West Florida's uniforms, which were revealed today:

PENSACOLA, Fla. – The University of West Florida football team has unveiled the program's first official uniforms. The uniforms will feature four different combinations for home and away, with the primary home uniform featuring a royal blue jersey with white pants and the primary away uniform featuring a white jersey with grey pants.

"When you see our uniforms you see the University of West Florida," UWF football offensive coordinator Jammie Deese said. "It is a jersey that our players are going to be excited about and I feel like it will resonate with our alumni, the student body and the members of the Pensacola community."

The uniform will include a Nike Modified Gunner Game Jersey with Nike Modified Gunner Game Pants, along with royal blue Nike Vapor Pro Low Cut and Nike Alpha Pro 2 3/4 cleats with black accents with a white Nike logo on the sides.

"I don't think I settled in on my top three designs until about six months into the design process," Deese said. "From there it was just making a decision on what we felt would fit the university and at the same time represent our players and make them excited as well. At one point in time I probably had 45 different uniform combinations that I was working with and I probably had about 70 helmet designs."

Full Story: http://goargos.com/news/2015/8/14/FB_0814154027.aspx

Link to picture gallery: http://goargos.com/galleries/?gallery=213

Not a bad look...standard Nike catalog order.

Teams love those "disappearing" sleeve stripes, but they do look dated.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

UND with new adidas uniforms & Glad Force Trash Bag Template of course (stole that word from Uni Watch)

CMn-89ZVEAASuec.jpg

So what's Adidas's rationale for these sleeve stripes? The iconic palm trees of North Dakota?

More likely it's to represent their iconic windswept grain fields.

Is it just me or do stripes and designs tend to look more "plastered on" on adidas' uniforms more often than on those of its competitors? I've noticed that any unique designs they come up with don't exactly form fit but just rather float there wherever they're placed.

Midway.png

CMn-89ZVEAASuec.jpg

So what's Adidas's rationale for these sleeve stripes? The iconic palm trees of North Dakota?

More likely it's to represent their iconic windswept grain fields.

Reminds me of a Rough Rider sweeping across the plain.

Archived