buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

That looks AWESOME.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

It's not even pewter now, it's just straight gross brown. And I couldn't agree more.

Can someone post more pics of ASU's new alt? Looks like basically just a copper recolor, with a new helmet that's an oversized trident on one side and something else on the other. Not horrible for Adidas, but pretty uninspired imo. Seems like they couldn't come up with any new ideas for this one.

I have yet to come across a satin helmet finish that doesn't look absolutely fantastic, no matter what the color is. So far, and correct me if I'm wrong on this, but we have seen at the very least maroon (A&M), purple (Vikings), apple green (Oregon), green (Mich St), orange & navy (Syracuse), red (Utah). Not sure about black. Are there any other colors I did not mention?

I believe Washington should fall into this category too. With their redesign last year, they updated the classic gold helmet which didn't get much attention at the time. It's a satin metallic gold with a purple face mask with a similar sheen. It matches the gold and purple on the jerseys (numbers specifically) quite well. I know they have had purple helmets in the past and I wouldn't be opposed to one similar to what the Vikings have for my dawgs.

huskieshelmet2_zpsccq2s8d5.jpg

I think everyone was too focused on the iconic jaws of Husky Stadium to even notice the new helmet finish. I like it.

Why do ASU players always throw up "the Shocker?"

Index and middle closed: shocker.

Index and middle apart: fork'em, Devils.

Why do ASU players always throw up "the Shocker?"

Index and middle closed: shocker.

Index and middle apart: fork'em, Devils.

Isn't "fork 'em, devils" just the local term for "shocker"?

ASU's "shocker" is made to look like a pitchfork.

Wichita State however...

Shocker.jpg

They say its a "W" but we all know what's up...

ASU's "shocker" is made to look like a pitchfork.

Wichita State however...

Shocker.jpg

They say its a "W" but we all know what's up...

DAT SHOCKER FACE.

Louisiana Tech got a new field. Pretty much the same design as before, but the endzone lettering changed from TECH to BULLDOGS. They also added some blue out-of-bounds.

11902596_10153703532131833_1203066954313

Louisiana Tech got a new field. Pretty much the same design as before, but the endzone lettering changed from TECH to BULLDOGS. They also added some blue out-of-bounds.

That field is absolutely gorgeous. I love how the blue and red really pops. Good job, LA Tech!

The finish on that Utah helmet looks like the same technique as what Oregon wore in the CFP Semifinal.

Exactly what I was thinking. I usually am not a a fan of all red helmets at all but this one looks so beautiful with that finish.

yep, whatever process and paint they used on Oregon, it's the same here. good spot JP

The finish on that Utah helmet looks like the same technique as what Oregon wore in the CFP Semifinal.

Exactly what I was thinking. I usually am not a a fan of all red helmets at all but this one looks so beautiful with that finish.

yep, whatever process and paint they used on Oregon, it's the same here. good spot JP

Just went back and looked at Nike's original press release on these uniforms and they're referring to this helmet finish as, "anodized satin."

So we can all add that term to our vernacular now.

That's real purdy.

ASU's pitchfork on the helmet seems larger than previous years. The number on the other side is ridiculously large. The numbers have some sort of pattern in them. Overall, I think they're pretty good. Tone the helmet back and it's a winner. I'm starting to wish Arizona State would just adopt copper full time, cause man they make it look it.