College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yellow-black-yellow will look great.

Not as great as yellow-green-yellow.

--------------------------

I really like Temple's new unis, UTEP's new full white-navy-white stripes on the helmet, and FAU's unis. Louisville's unis may be on the worst uniforms of all time list.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Better shot of the helmet as the new scheme is actually better defined without the chinstrap blocking it, but is going to be a problem since players have to wear chinstraps. Not the best design since it's too minimal and it looks like they're trying to squeeze in both wings and logos on the sides of the helmet without really executing either one.

COKThZxVEAAAiaB.jpg

Interesting that they are using UDub's frost effect (used on the Huskies' white helmets).

I'm not sure about Virginia's helmets. They fade from an orange chrome to white paint with chrome facemask and chrome outline with painted infill logo.

COKlrMXUsAAZkCt.jpg

It's pretty much the same shading effect as San Diego State's 2000 helmets.

Still...ugly af.

Better shot of the helmet as the new scheme is actually better defined without the chinstrap blocking it, but is going to be a problem since players have to wear chinstraps. Not the best design since it's too minimal and it looks like they're trying to squeeze in both wings and logos on the sides of the helmet without really executing either one.

COKThZxVEAAAiaB.jpg

Yeah, I have loved just about everything Oregon has done over the last decade but this is a substantial downgrade. Not sure what they are thinking with this. It looks cheap.

If they want new helmets, they should be adding new colorways of the anodized satin finish -- and rotating those in with the regular winged helmets.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

COKThZxVEAAAiaB.jpg

Yeah, I have loved just about everything Oregon has gone over the last decade but this is a substantial downgrade. Not sure what they are thinking with this. It looks cheap.

If they want new helmets, they should be adding new colorways of the anodized satin finish -- and rotating those in with the regular winged helmets.

They should have either stuck with the previous wings or gone with anodized satin paint as this feels like a mashup of the winged and O-sided helmets, which doesn't work for me and (from other comments) many other Duck fans.

I'm not sure about Virginia's helmets. They fade from an orange chrome to white paint with chrome facemask and chrome outline with painted infill logo.

COKlrMXUsAAZkCt.jpg

My dad just said it looks like someone did the paint job in their garage and didn't finish lol. I'm with you, more ambivalent towards it.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Louisville looks disgusting. It's honestly hard to watch.

The old english names are really really bad, but I can't decide if they're a worse decision than the airbrushed photograph of a bird that's only on the left side of the helmets, or if they're worse that the ugly ugly number font in Adidas' favorite cheap plastic number material.

Basically, :censored: you, Adidas.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The old english names are really really bad, but I can't decide if they're a worse decision than the airbrushed photograph of a bird that's only on the left side of the helmets, or if they're worse that the ugly ugly number font in Adidas' favorite cheap plastic number material.

Agree with you on everything there. I turned to that game and immediately had to laugh at how bad they were.

COKThZxVEAAAiaB.jpg

Yeah, I have loved just about everything Oregon has done over the last decade but this is a substantial downgrade. Not sure what they are thinking with this. It looks cheap.

Yeah all they need are versions of winged helmets that followed the white and yellow designs, or different colored versions of their rose bowl helmet, not try to combine the two. Disappointing. Their previous yellow was amongst the best in college football.

UCLA and Louisville must have gotten the shady adidas rep/used car salesman. "Coach Mora, you really do need those techweb tire treads on your uniforms." "Man Coach Petrino, the 5 Star recruits will flock to campus when they see the shopping mall airbrushed cardinals on your helmets." "Can you see yourself lifting the CFB trophy in these?"

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

so many bad uniforms today, Virginia's helmets are stupid and I'm actually really disappointed with Nike/Oregon, to me that looks like they didn't even try. If the "wings" weren't on there it would look great

I'm having a hard time believing these Louisville uniforms are anything other than a sick joke. They have replaced the Tampa Bay Bucs as the worst football uniforms I've ever seen. I can't believe anyone thought they would look good.

BYU-Nebraska is a great looking game, BTW.

Temple should really just stick with their 2 great visual elements: Acres of Diamonds and the Blue Jays-esque block T. The fade pattern UA gave them this year (which may technically be diamonds but you can't make that out except when zoomed in) just unnecessary complicates that visual identity and muddles the sleevecaps and candy cane pants stripe. To me, it was bad enough to have those candy cane stripes AND diamonds around the collar, let alone what they have now. The endzone shows clearly what they should focus on: T E M P L E in diamonds looks great.

I also think Temple should rework black into their identity. They started as a night school, so if any team has reason to use black, it's them.

And please bring back this alternate helmet:

20131019_hcs_sy4_003.0.jpg

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived