College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

OH MY GOD ADIDAS STOP PLEASE I BEG YOU

Miami's nameplates are actually unreadable

COK6rPiWwAA8srl.jpg

The idea to use the school's wordmark to create a font for player names is not an unreasonable one (or even a new one). The problem, in this case, is that Miami has some really awful wordmarks:

1247_miami_hurricanes-wordmark-2000.png

I wonder, in its style guide, if the university delineates which letters are supposed to be upper case and which are supposed to be lower case. The best execution of this idea would have been to put every letter in lower case, like the "miami" wordmark:

5230_miami_hurricanes-wordmark-2000.png

Honestly that wordmark isn't perfect but it's not bad. Fits with the logo. It's also a Nike designed wordmark that looks sleek. The nameplate letters are adidas version of that font they look silly. I don't think the Nike font would look great for nameplates but it would look better than adidas, especially considering the process/materials Nike uses.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kaaya looks like "H2242."

Reminds me of trying to spell boobs on my calculator in the 5th grade

You said trying, which makes me think that you never actually accomplished it?

58008, or 5318008

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Is this a temporary artificial surface in Houston? I thought the Texans had grass but this definitely looks fake.

The artificial surface is a million times better than the garbage the Texans play on. The grass is a tray system, basically an NBA floor made of grass. The trays lock together, but the grass is uneven and there are seams. It was a contributing factor in both Jadaveon Clowney and Wes Welker's knee injuries.

UTBG23_MP_23650308_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

For me, BGSU ruined the debut of their amazing alt helmets with ugly uniforms. Don't like shoulder caps and the thin text down the leg looks bad.

Also, I wish VT would've gone with orange pants tomorrow. I like their helmet and think orange-maroon-orange would've been a great look.

It seems like adidas has somehow distorted Miami's numeral font, too. Seems overly bold now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

3 best uniform match-ups yesterday:

Alabama vs Wisconsin

GettyImages-487061318.0.jpg

I was at the game, rooting for my losing alma mater, and Alabama looks way classier than we do.

The majority of the perennial football powers in our region do NOT put their primary logos on their helmets:

Ohio State

Michigan

Penn State

Notre Dame

Nebraska

I would contend that Wisconsin should go retro and also take the primary logo off the helmets. Save the Motion W for the sideline wear. Make these the primaries next year when we switch to Under Armour:

img8801766.jpg

502007206d6f9.preview-620.jpg

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

Looks like Ohio State has gone back to the classic sleeve stripes full time! Part of me hopes Nike allows there other contracted schools to use the Buckeyes previous sleeve striping... Marshall would be my ideal candidate to takeover that look.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived