College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Looks like Ohio State has gone back to the classic sleeve stripes full time! Part of me hopes Nike allows there other contracted schools to use the Buckeyes previous sleeve striping... Marshall would be my ideal candidate to takeover that look.

I sure hope OSU keeps it. Looks so so so sharp.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beat me to it, but yes, Ohio State is wearing their white uniforms with the traditional -gray-scarlet-gray-scarlet-gray- pattern (the striping worn in the postseason last year).

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Beat me to it, but yes, Ohio State is wearing their white uniforms with the traditional -gray-scarlet-gray-scarlet-gray- pattern (the striping worn in the postseason last year).

These are replacing their previous all white alternate. The new change to last year's regular set is BUCKEYES replacing the leaves.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Not a fan of OSU keeping both the classic stripes and the modern stripes. Neither is drastically different enough to justify having both whereas the thicker Rivalry stripes were bolder and quite different. The answer is to just go with classic stripes full time.

A few thoughts from Week 1

To echo what many of you have already stated, I was happy to see UNC return to a more traditional look over what they have been wearing the last couple of years.

I liked Bowling Green's brown helmets, but from a distance they did appear to be black.

I thought VT's helmets looked fantastic tonight. I need to add a night game at Lane Stadium to my bucket list.

B. Fass
Lancaster, PA

Nationals, Senators, Cowboys, DC United, Wizards

Washington-Nationals-Logo-HD.jpg.281d0e8be98a8521d34280de8329814f.jpgf29b882649e94f47737fee9f5b5b001f.gif.b4758c5fa8639d2f66ee458c1f7b27f9.gifmedium_DCU_20Crest_on_20white.png.4035fbad4dcbf26991bc729beadb718e.png59e126b48fe75_cowboyslogosmall.jpg.27ea81b23b230e77e0460934b5f36e74.jpg

502007206d6f9.preview-620.jpg

This is Cardinal. Wisconsin should make the move to this color with a switch in apparel company. I would love for this to be the uniform they go to, even a slightly modernized version with a larger W.

I agree. Hopefully the Athletic Department can work with Under Armour to create a truer version of cardinal. This photo shows the discrepancy between the shade Adidas provides the university and the traditional cardinal of the varsity jackets:

10632006.jpeg

I just hope Ohio State changed the color of the TV numbers on their classic stripe home jerseys from black to white.

I thought the black TV numbers looked good. Obviously, they're not as easy to see, but TV numbers are somewhat dispensable, so who cares if they're not really that visible? For the same reason, I would make the player names black too.

16530178-mmmain.jpg

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

The only one I think falls into the ugly basket is Louisville. Arizona's helmets do as well but only because of the numbers on the left side. I like Maryland's helmets and jerseys, I'm just not a fan of their monochrome red look.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

TCU's frog skin material is pretty hard to see in my opinion. This is a good thing.

486405010_45824509_576807.JPG

Compare to the promo shots when they were unveiled:

tcu-frog-skin-uniforms-2015.png?resize=7

Maybe it was made to be more subtle than we saw in the original photos?

We'll see when the color uniforms are worn...

It has always looked more subtle in person than it did in the promo shots. Of course the real test (for uniform critics) will be how the purple top looks this weekend.

The thing that bugs me the most about the set is how much darker the purple helmet is than the purple uniforms, but we will likely see purple tops and white helmets this weekend. Might get purple/purple vs. SMU next weekend (Patterson likes to wear white helmets when the opposition wears dark helmets and vice versa).

That list is debatable, Utah looked good, as well as Oregon, Mizzou looked fine, Marlyand was fine. And ASU wasn't terrible, they were better than a large majority of Adidas teams this week.

I'd say Louisville was the worst of the week, and Virginia's helmet is up there at the top

Archived