buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

Air Force is going to wear 1985 throwback uniforms this weekend against San Jose State.

10505580_607802926029152_780170570744073

Nice. I remember that Air Force team (particularly because I went to their only loss). Great tribute to a great era in Air Force football.

I believe these were the 1985 uniforms:

11998963_10102272218533052_1240488097765

I think the picture is from the 1986 season because Air Force played at BYU in 1985. That was the game I attended. I think their uniforms were the same between the two years though.

Here's a picture of Chad Hennings from that era--I think the dark-appearing shade of blue is a function lighting and type of film used. I recall Air Force and BYU always being similar shades of blue back then.

061206-F-2911S-001.jpg

The middle stripe looks to be gray when it should be metallic silver.

Other than that, awesome throwbacks for the AFA.

The middle stripe looks to be gray when it should be metallic silver.

Other than that, awesome throwbacks for the AFA.

Good call.

That white helmet with the silver and blue stripes is one of my all time favorites. It is the reason I love white, blue and silver as a color scheme.

Air Force is going to wear 1985 throwback uniforms this weekend against San Jose State.

10505580_607802926029152_780170570744073

WOW. That is pretty perfect. Impressive.

The ugliest week 1 uniforms came out of Division 2 IMHO. Do yourselves a favor (or disservice) and check out what Lincoln University (Pennsylvania) wore in their season opener against Cheyney University. You've been warned!

http://www.lulions.com/index.aspx?path=football

Black, blue, orange, and white. Pretty rough.

11947458_1004909269548841_89389752186322

Sigh.....Russell Athletics

I hope i live to see the day when HBCU's can afford better

11951751_10102272435228792_2708715937304

The ugliest week 1 uniforms came out of Division 2 IMHO. Do yourselves a favor (or disservice) and check out what Lincoln University (Pennsylvania) wore in their season opener against Cheyney University. You've been warned!

http://www.lulions.com/index.aspx?path=football

Black, blue, orange, and white. Pretty rough.

11947458_1004909269548841_89389752186322

Sigh.....Russell Athletics

I hope i live to see the day when HBCU's can afford better

That day will be the day when Russell goes out of business and Adidas either fires their design staff or gets acquired by UA or Nike.

So, they just left off the Air Force pants stripes for the hell of it? Or was it just that they were too cheap to make an additional set of pants? I'm not familiar with AF's current set, so I don't know. Either way, it hurts the look.

I really don't get why seemingly everyone in college football wears blank pants. I don't know if it's due to cost reasons, but it looks awful and I hate it.

Just for the record those Lincoln University jerseys are dark gray, not black.

I really don't get why seemingly everyone in college football wears blank pants. I don't know if it's due to cost reasons, but it looks awful and I hate it.

What? Who is seemingly everyone??

11951751_10102272435228792_2708715937304

It's amazing how many lies are on this fact sheet.

The throwback numbers are not the same as they were in 1985

The Air Force font is not the same as the Air Force font in 1985.

The falcons on the shoulders were never oriented with the sleeves, they were always oriented with the front of the jersey.

If Nike wanted to keep it as authentic as 1985 as possible, they did a horrible job. Seriously --- not even close to a D-.

Not to mention the missing stripes on the pants and the misuse of gray versus silver (both of which have already been covered...)

The white version:

Air Force is seeming to have just changed the decals on their helmets for their "throwbacks uniforms." I believe the jerseys and pants are their new home uniforms with some new elements.

I thought the whole reason Adidas extended their ugly Shockweb all over their new jerseys is because it's *literally ungrabbable*

wpid-donald-smith-rashawn-scott-ncaa-foo

Modern throwbacks almost never bring back every detail. Real shame since it doesn't seem like a difficult thing to do but hey, you gotta take what you can get.

COaQpxaVEAA6WHi.jpg

Brace yourselves, UCLA's uncaged uniform is debuting this Saturday

On a side issue.. Is it just me or does adidas numbers look like foil on uniforms. I seriously thought ASU was wearing aluminum foil Saturday

Demon eyes return...

god Adidas is bad.

Also, shoutout to Bethune-Cookman for being the next school to drop school colors for grey and white.

COaQpxaVEAA6WHi.jpg

On a side issue.. Is it just me or does adidas numbers look like foil on uniforms. I seriously thought ASU was wearing aluminum foil Saturday

I believe adidas is trolling us all with this horrid mess. Why is it that Michigan and Wisconsin can have such clean looking uniform but UCLA can't do the same? Miami's nameplates are laughable and Arizona State looked okay from the neck down. Everyone else using Shockweb uniforms just don't look good at all.

COaQpxaVEAA6WHi.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So Uncaged isn't just a bad Louisville idea but a concept series for Adidas's most popular schools with animal mascots?!