College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to Baylor...where they will wear anything and everything

B-qMlofUEAEXmBh.jpg

love the helmet, just hope it isnt paired with this

So you're saying Cal wouldn't wear a gray uniform?

20130928_ajw_aa8_444.0.jpg

gdu, your point would be much more awesome if Baylor didn't wear BFBS, pewter, or chrome - three fads that Cal hasn't worn (IIRC...it is college football after all).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Welcome to Baylor...where they will wear anything and everything

B-qMlofUEAEXmBh.jpg

love the helmet, just hope it isnt paired with this

So you're saying Cal wouldn't wear a gray uniform?

20130928_ajw_aa8_444.0.jpg

Never said that, we have worn blue and gold for our entire history, with the gray being worn 3 times (not in 2014 where we stuck with blue-blue, blue-gold, white-white for every game like we have for most of our history)

We only wore gray on the road to mimic baseball teams *According to Sonny Dykes, which i don't mind i think it is a unique look when done properly and hope we continue to do that occasionally in the future as the gray jersey is a clone of the white jersey and looks great with our colors*

We did the matte helmet trend properly IMHO and have a top 5 helmet with that beautiful finish on it and think we made GFGS look tolerable

13-1026_1932213-M.jpg

13-1026_2130184-M.jpg

13-1116_1537178-M.jpg

I have no issue with Baylor although I would think you would take offense to Baylor taking a color that has been worn by TCU a lot

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

At least with that helmet, it originally served a purpose because asymmetry was the theme of the entire uniform. Of course, when they converted that look into a full-time, symmetrical set, the helmet should have been changed to match.

yea the asymmetrical design choices were made to reflect their unconventional offensive philosophy. Nike's whole line of Pro Combats in 2010 were based on the same kind of thing; there was a lot of thought put into those designs. ever since then, schools have just copied whatever they liked best and turned them into terrible trends

This is what happens every time when marketers and merchandisers are allowed to make creative decisions. The bastardization of a decent concept is turned into a handicapped cousin of itself.

gdu, your point would be much more awesome if Baylor didn't wear BFBS, pewter, or chrome - three fads that Cal hasn't worn (IIRC...it is college football after all).

I wasn't making a point, I was making a joke. Just thought it was funny that a fan of team A would say "team B will wear anything" and then post a pic of team B wearing a color team A has already worn. Guess it didn't come across that way.

I have no issue with Baylor although I would think you would take offense to Baylor taking a color that has been worn by TCU a lot

I don't take any more offense to Baylor wearing grey than I did when TCU wore it. It isn't a school color, and looks like garbage, so why wear it?

In a recent conference call with season ticket holders, Colorado Buffaloes Head Coach Mike MacIntyre stated that they were hoping to unveil the new uniforms by the end of Spring. I suppose that could mean as early as at the Spring Game on Sunday, March 15 or sometime later in the Spring semester.

In a recent conference call with season ticket holders, Colorado Buffaloes Head Coach Mike MacIntyre stated that they were hoping to unveil the new uniforms by the end of Spring. I suppose that could mean as early as at the Spring Game on Sunday, March 15 or sometime later in the Spring semester.

Didn't they tease them at the end of January/beginning of February? Or since they are "going to unveil" them, were those CU unis we saw just prototypes?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Didn't they tease them at the end of January/beginning of February? Or since they are "going to unveil" them, were those CU unis we saw just prototypes?

The images from the video were simply artist renderings/stand in looks, and not what the new uniforms will actually look like.

Archived