buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

12003197_726481637457508_466585512952393

11934541_726481210790884_794198435685957

that's the Photoshop noise filter helmet

I'm actually surprised more teams haven't experimented with using the noise filter on their helmets. :P

I'm definitely a homer, but I think these VT uniforms look sharp with this helmet. It might be the maroon facemask that makes it look so good. Usually the white helmets have white facemasks and that's a little too much white for me. But I'm digging this. I usually hate the one-time helmets we decide to throw on.

AV4h3Nu.jpg

9HimDTR.jpg

54GWKyH.jpg

I wonder... did Ohio State pull the ol' switch-a-roo and promote the Nike Diamond uniforms to full-time status without saying anything? Last week, I could probably understand as it was a prime-time game and they wanted to use an alternate. But a 3:00 game against Hawaii? I'm not complaining, as I like these much better than the previous set. It does seem odd that they're 2-for-2 on the "alternate".

No. It's not a permanent change; just coincides with the unveiling of the national championship banner. They wore the white playoff uniform last week because it was a big game and this set has replaced the Rivalry set as the alternates.

11986939_10102276739283432_5511707556125

I'm definitely a homer, but I think these VT uniforms look sharp with this helmet. It might be the maroon facemask that makes it look so good. Usually the white helmets have white facemasks and that's a little too much white for me. But I'm digging this. I usually hate the one-time helmets we decide to throw on.

AV4h3Nu.jpg

9HimDTR.jpg

Sorry man, but you're using a generic design pioneered by Navy and subsequently used by FCS schools and Old Dominion. Nice-looking 9/11 (I'm guessing?) decal, though.

AV4h3Nu.jpg

9HimDTR.jpg

54GWKyH.jpg

Those would look a lot better if they thinned out the orange stripe to match the UCLA stripes and left an equal amount of maroon above it. Right now it's just a Navy clone.

Not the best picture but Texas tech in all white and utep in all orange with grey gradient numbers on their jerseys

IMG_20150912_155927.jpg

IMG_20150912_160704.jpg

I wonder... did Ohio State pull the ol' switch-a-roo and promote the Nike Diamond uniforms to full-time status without saying anything? Last week, I could probably understand as it was a prime-time game and they wanted to use an alternate. But a 3:00 game against Hawaii? I'm not complaining, as I like these much better than the previous set. It does seem odd that they're 2-for-2 on the "alternate".

No. It's not a permanent change; just coincides with the unveiling of the national championship banner. They wore the white playoff uniform last week because it was a big game and this set has replaced the Rivalry set as the alternates.

which makes me sad :(

Sorry man, but you're using a generic design pioneered by Navy and subsequently used by FCS schools and Old Dominion. Nice-looking 9/11 (I'm guessing?) decal, though.

AV4h3Nu.jpg

9HimDTR.jpg

54GWKyH.jpg

Those would look a lot better if they thinned out the orange stripe to match the UCLA stripes and left an equal amount of maroon above it. Right now it's just a Navy clone.

I'm not saying that I like that it's a Navy copy (though that's all we seem capable of doing these days, as sad as that is), just that it looks good - particularly the color scheme and portions. Having more maroon and orange on the helmet makes a huge difference in the uniforms actually representing the school. It's something like this or the traditional maroon helmet with some thinner stripes than the ones we usually use.

TCU's helmets look sharp in-game. The rest of the uniform is trash though. They should be wearing last year's jerseys, which were perfect, and the pants need stripes.

12003197_726481637457508_466585512952393

This looks like they plastered the helmet with the unused green confetti at the National Championship Game....

The stars and stripes logo at midfield for Northwestern has the red and white stripes reversed. A white stripe is coming out to the right of the bottom right corner of the field of blue. It is correct on their helmets.

K1KZhXf.png

OUOt8Hu.png

They look a lot better on TV than they do in that picture, in my opinion.

I'd like to see the orange jersey with blue pants.

Nicholls State is opening their season tonight @ UL-Monroe. Even though we're outfitted in Adidas catalog unis, we've improved our look IMO. Added a gray stroke to the numerals and added "Nicholls" to the chest. Also switched back to the metallic painted shells versus the matte gray we went with last season.

hs0TXGM.png

Also, ULM broke out some fighter jet inspired unis tonight:

F1wpBIx.png

pylbsAm.png

2KFwKrp.png

Whew... So far so good for UCLA's (insert pound key here)Uncaged uniform...although we haven't seen the nameplates

COvEKIHU8AASzWP.jpg