College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

I'll take the so far unpopular opinion on TCU. We haven't yet seen the purple but I think the frogskin is tastefully done. I find the jersey sublimation a nice subtle detail, however, the helmet pattern is definitely overexposed in comparison. This isn't to say it couldn't be done better. I would add black back to the palette and replace the gray set with black.

Look at this picture: The jersey detail is pretty subtle and minimal. It's the helmet (and the gray colors used) that are the problem.

0c841789896e1b29820f6a706700ac8d.jpg

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take the so far unpopular opinion on TCU. We haven't yet seen the purple but I think the frogskin is tastefully done. I find the jersey sublimation a nice subtle detail, however, the helmet pattern is definitely overexposed in comparison. This isn't to say it couldn't be done better. I would add black back to the palette and replace the gray set with black.

Look at this picture: The jersey detail is pretty subtle and minimal. It's the helmet (and the gray colors used) that are the problem.

I actually kind of like the gray jersey (helmet is bad and purple jerseys with frogskin is also bad) and at least the pattern on the pants isn't noticeable.

NCSU will be wearing Red/White/Red vs ODU... with black facemasks. They closed the season 3-0 featuring the red helmets and black facemasks, but what looks better IYO's? White or Black?

jjydfc.png

With the black outline on the logo and stripe, the black facemask looks better. Overall, I think it would look best if black was eliminated entirely.

I actually kind of like the gray jersey (helmet is bad and purple jerseys with frogskin is also bad) and at least the pattern on the pants isn't noticeable.

I don't have anything to add other than, upon a quick glance, I though you typed "purple jerseys with foreskin." Don't give Adidas any ideas.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Late to the party, but Michigan has definitely darkened the shade of maize. Here's the best evidence... Last year's jersey with this year's pants:

CLvj0AiXAAAPhxg.jpg

Personally, I'm a fan of the new/darker shade. Not only does it look better with the darker blue (the richer/orange shade makes the color scheme more complimentary as opposed to analogous), but it's the color I remember the Wolverines wearing when I was a kid. Over the course of the Carr years, the maize became lighter and brighter, and then it made a huge jump to the neon side with the move to Adidas.

As was pointed out yesterday, there is no frogskin pattern on these pants. None of the white parts of the jersey elements have frogskin.

NCSU will be wearing Red/White/Red vs ODU... with black facemasks. They closed the season 3-0 featuring the red helmets and black facemasks, but what looks better IYO's? White or Black?

jjydfc.png

Whoa, what kinda helmet is that on the left?

The N and the C in that logo have long bothered me. I get what they are trying to do but it isn't working for me. Seems there could be a more refined version.

jjydfc.png

The N and the C in that logo have long bothered me. I get what they are trying to do but it isn't working for me. Seems there could be a more refined version.

Five-minute photoshop. Just invert some of the colors.

This isn't perfect, but there needs to be more contrast between the White "S" and the White "NC." There's not enough distinction.

FVwHDeG.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

jjydfc.png

Five-minute photoshop. Just invert some of the colors.

This isn't perfect, but there needs to be more contrast between the White "S" and the White "NC." There's not enough distinction.

FVwHDeG.jpg

Just making the outline around the N and C black makes a huge difference:

NC-State_zpsmdu6huod.png

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

As was pointed out yesterday, there is no frogskin pattern on these pants. None of the white parts of the jersey elements have frogskin.

The frog skin doesn't look as prominent as it did in the promo shots on the jersey. Hopefully the purple follows the same.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived