College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish the UW huskies would retire those gold chrome helmets. Why wear it, when they have such a beautiful gold helmet already with decades of positive history? The gold is fantastic , the frosty white is tolerable, but the chrome and black helms need to go. Could maybe go for an alternate purple one though.

Completely agree about the chrome helmet. The satin gold switch last year looks fantastic. If they were to keep the white and black I'd be fine with each being matte but with the traditional striping, and ditch the frost texture. I also agree that a purple alt with satin gold facemask would be amazing.

I could also go for a pair of anthracite pants with purple and gold accents. I was wearing the purple jersey with grey shorts today and really liked the look. Not better than the traditional gold pants (which need stripes, please) but could be a good use of a non-school color to help stay "cool" with recruits.

SEAsig.png

Point your remotes to channel 6 ABC.

Pac Ten tyrants Southern California and Stanford look truly magnificent on high definition television sets.

And aside from the shoulder stripes, the kits mirror the days of Plunkett vs Haden.

Hey, everyone... tune in to the public access channel on 15. They're making cupcakes that look like snowmen.

Some game shots

TCU and their frogskin stuff. The pattern's visibility changes drastically depending on how close (or far) you are from the jerseys themselves (according to photos I've seen).

CPT9B_RWwAAClHc.jpg

Ole Miss looks wonderful in their powder blue lids. If they insist on keeping the navy helmets, I'd love to see these used as a road alternate.

CPT7Cy0UcAA6l1_.jpg

Virginia desperately needs to adopt their throwbacks as their normal uniforms. Such a beautiful look.

CPTwb5mUEAANZgK.jpg

Cincinnati finally added their conference patch, but my gosh, it's the worst placement possible.

CPSZE9PWcAAoCiT.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Point your remotes to channel 6 ABC.

Pac Ten tyrants Southern California and Stanford look truly magnificent on high definition television sets.

And aside from the shoulder stripes, the kits mirror the days of Plunkett vs Haden.

Hey, everyone... tune in to the public access channel on 15. They're making cupcakes that look like snowmen.

Do you want to build a snowman?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Wish the UW huskies would retire those gold chrome helmets. Why wear it, when they have such a beautiful gold helmet already with decades of positive history? The gold is fantastic , the frosty white is tolerable, but the chrome and black helms need to go. Could maybe go for an alternate purple one though.

Completely agree about the chrome helmet. The satin gold switch last year looks fantastic. If they were to keep the white and black I'd be fine with each being matte but with the traditional striping, and ditch the frost texture. I also agree that a purple alt with satin gold facemask would be amazing.

I could also go for a pair of anthracite pants with purple and gold accents. I was wearing the purple jersey with grey shorts today and really liked the look. Not better than the traditional gold pants (which need stripes, please) but could be a good use of a non-school color to help stay "cool" with recruits.

I'd agree on the frost texture, but no to those :censored:purple helmets. The gold looks better with the satin finish, I'd agree. But couldn't we go back to: Gold-purple-gold on five home games, gold/white/purple on five road games, and reserve the alternates for those last two games? They only used gold/purple/gold twice last year - and zero times against a conference opponent. And they've also tried using black against traditional rivals such as Oregon, Oregon State, and Washington State. Isn't that horrible? The new uniforms are awful, but the least the Huskies could do is limit the use of black, white, and chrome.

EDIT: Just realize that in the three home games they've had against those three teams above, they've only used black. Hopefully that ends this year with home games against Oregon and WSU.

I really don't understand the appeal of those powder blue Ole Miss helmets. They look out of place.

I don't either. They've got a powder blue helmet, with no blue on the jersey, with navy blue on the pants.

I must say I'm a little surprised they've gotten so much love. Inconsistencies like that usually get ripped apart on here.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I really don't understand the appeal of those powder blue Ole Miss helmets. They look out of place.

By themselves, that helmet is better than the Navy one, however the fact that the rest of the uniform has Navy on it makes the whole look sloppy IMO
It's not the whole look, it's just the navy pants stripe. If they make it pastel blue then it would look better. Yes, I said pastel blue because that's what they are.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I'm really surprised many of you don't like it. It's the type of anomaly and story that we love here. The team had a navy stripe when they originally wore the robin egg/ powder blue lids. It's the unique thing that sets Ole Miss a part. I'm a big fan of it, whether or not it matches the rest of the uniform.

(Best photo I could find in a quick search)

9435572-large.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived