buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

Photo of Indiana's script helmets from the Western Kentucky game this week. Personally, I think this is a gorgeous look and should become the base set. Indiana's is one of most of the most beautiful scripts in college athletics and (as has been already been mentioned) goes a long way toward separating the identity from that of Oklahoma's, without resorting to gaudy stripes.

IU-Faces-Western-Kentucky-In-F.jpg

yeah that looks awesome and Indiana should stick with that for the long term. In a conference with a lot of schools who have instantly recognizable classic helmets Indiana has been constantly changing and have never stuck with a football identity.

I say they should ditch the Oklahoma ripoffs and the dozens of other one-off helmets they've been wearing and stick with that one. It looks great.

Photo of Indiana's script helmets from the Western Kentucky game this week. Personally, I think this is a gorgeous look and should become the base set. Indiana's is one of most of the most beautiful scripts in college athletics and (as has been already been mentioned) goes a long way toward separating the identity from that of Oklahoma's, without resorting to gaudy stripes.

yeah that looks awesome and Indiana should stick with that for the long term. In a conference with a lot of schools who have instantly recognizable classic helmets Indiana has been constantly changing and have never stuck with a football identity.

I say they should ditch the Oklahoma ripoffs and the dozens of other one-off helmets they've been wearing and stick with that one. It looks great.

Those helmets and a jersey similar to what Mississippi State wore last year or Eastern Washington wore vs Oregon would separate them from the other crimson and white teams.

Maybe it's just the lighting, but these uniforms don't look nearly as bad as I thought they would...

(I could still do without the pattern, though)

11222013_10206185671454531_5202756070998

12049268_10206185671294527_4490675931774

Like I told everybody from when these were unveiled, in close-up well-lit photos the frogskin pattern is a bit much; in actual game viewing from the stands or on tv, they look fine (not much different than Penn State, for example). A simple template and lots of white helps.

CPT6NsDUAAAwuJq.jpg

TCU39412-1170x780.jpg

It's really a beautiful script. It's different enough from the Indian Motorcycle script, but similarly conjures up a "timeless/classic" vibe to it that just seems to work for Indiana.

02-indian-motorcycle-2014-indian-chief-d

Just noticed this, but Utah State now has an "AGGIES" script down their gray pants leg:

SM_UW-36-710x401.jpg

Oh how I loathe leg wordmarks. They got it right the first time!

It's really a beautiful script. It's different enough from the Indian Motorcycle script, but similarly conjures up a "timeless/classic" vibe to it that just seems to work for Indiana.

02-indian-motorcycle-2014-indian-chief-d

definitely has a sign painters quality to it. it's an excellent wordmark that takes cues from that mid-century, hand painted stuff and is crafted by someone who is really good with type. this is the kind of execution that baseball desperately needs but that's another topic. i think the IU monogram is really strong too and would hope they would keep a helmet or two with that, or in the very least add it to the jersey, but this tailsweep script is really great.

Script on the helmets and then I'd put the "cactus" on the sleeves, and TV numbers on the shoulders, lose the HOOSIERS across the chest, and then call it done.

Well that's an interesting way to tackle someone: holding their hand and pulling their helmet off with your other.

But yes, that script is beautiful and could be a foundation on which to build a unique identity. It's just tough, though, since Indiana's a traditional school--when they aren't breaking out their state flag-inspired alternate, which I at least like the helmet of--and many other crimson & white teams are, so it's like, who's gonna change first? (Arkansas, I guess.)

Indiana still has the state flag helmets, these are simply better.

18796091-mmmain.jpg

fantastic uniforms! this is one of my favorite uni matchups i've seen in a few years.

I watched the game yesterday and I found the Ole Miss helmets gaudy. The light blue looked horrible with that shade of red, IMO

I think these are great.

Made me nostalgic for the Denver Broncos 70s/80s/early 90s sets.

I can't think of another team that used that shade of Blue helmets.

JohnElwayBroncos_medium_display_image.jp

Arizona's unveiled new chrome, red helmets for the UCLA game, apparently as part of a red out. I prefer chrome when it's used more subtly, as part of only certain elements of the helmet as opposed to the whole thing, but I'll take these over the other red helmets. I'm more down on the idea of going all red for a game, because that's never a good look, but at least, since it's UCLA, Adidas has made sure Arizona won't be the worse looking team.

18796091-mmmain.jpg

fantastic uniforms! this is one of my favorite uni matchups i've seen in a few years.

I watched the game yesterday and I found the Ole Miss helmets gaudy. The light blue looked horrible with that shade of red, IMO

I think these are great.

New-Tulane-Football-Helmets-622x550.jpg\

Tulane had a concept helmet similar to that one...i wish they would wear it and embrace the sea blue more

18796091-mmmain.jpg

I think these are great.

I guess these were close

houston-oilers_george-blanda_billy-canno

18796091-mmmain.jpg

I think these are great.

New-Tulane-Football-Helmets-622x550.jpg\

Tulane had a concept helmet similar to that one...i wish they would wear it and embrace the sea blue more

I love that wave helmet!

Maybe it's just the lighting, but these uniforms don't look nearly as bad as I thought they would...

(I could still do without the pattern, though)

11222013_10206185671454531_5202756070998

12049268_10206185671294527_4490675931774

Like I told everybody from when these were unveiled, in close-up well-lit photos the frogskin pattern is a bit much; in actual game viewing from the stands or on tv, they look fine (not much different than Penn State, for example). A simple template and lots of white helps.

CPT6NsDUAAAwuJq.jpg

That is nice helmet.

Arizona's unveiled new chrome, red helmets for the UCLA game, apparently as part of a red out. I prefer chrome when it's used more subtly, as part of only certain elements of the helmet as opposed to the whole thing, but I'll take these over the other red helmets. I'm more down on the idea of going all red for a game, because that's never a good look, but at least, since it's UCLA, Adidas has made sure Arizona won't be the worse looking team.

I have no clue why teams choose to look completely different than they actually do for any major game. Oregon is one thing that's been the norm for them for a while but it seems like every other national game has some kind of goof ball one off.

Looks like Oregon could breaking out their satin green helmets, if a photo from today's closed practice means anything. Also, fans are encouraged to wear green to the game this weekend, which is another hint towards them finally wearing some green on their uniforms this season.

CPdW99gUAAA7klE.jpg

Looks like Oregon could breaking out their satin green helmets, if a photo from today's closed practice means anything. Also, fans are encouraged to wear green to the game this weekend, which is another hint towards them finally wearing some green on their uniforms this season.

CPdW99gUAAA7klE.jpg

Not a fan of the satin powder coat. Looks like some fancy candy coating.