College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Oregon could breaking out their satin green helmets, if a photo from today's closed practice means anything. Also, fans are encouraged to wear green to the game this weekend, which is another hint towards them finally wearing some green on their uniforms this season.

CPdW99gUAAA7klE.jpg

If you have to encourage fans to actually wear the school color to the game then maybe you've gone too far with wearing black and grey uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Looks like Oregon could breaking out their satin green helmets, if a photo from today's closed practice means anything. Also, fans are encouraged to wear green to the game this weekend, which is another hint towards them finally wearing some green on their uniforms this season.

CPdW99gUAAA7klE.jpg

If you have to encourage fans to actually wear the school color to the game then maybe you've gone too far with wearing black and grey uniforms.

They like to make the stadium a certain predominant color for each game so I don't see a problem with it. It's really no different than other schools calling for a white-out, black-out, or school color-out for certain games.

CPdW99gUAAA7klE.jpg

Would be the first time this season they've even worn a hint of green. Have they ever gone that long without it (going back to the championship game, even)?

As an Arizona fan, while technically they may be out of place, it's very nice to see something new and flashy come to the team.

Last new helmet we had were the copper helmets and I think the red chrome is a step above those.

a2BRS8U.png

CPdW99gUAAA7klE.jpg

Would be the first time this season they've even worn a hint of green. Have they ever gone that long without it (going back to the championship game, even)?

This will likely be their first time this season. From what I could find in the past 5-6 seasons, the longest they had previously gone without wearing any green was 2 games.

how does this make them dumb?
Yeah, I don't think they're that bad...too bad they have the Saturday night slot this week. Would've looked a lot better under the sun rather than under the lights.

Photo of Indiana's script helmets from the Western Kentucky game this week. Personally, I think this is a gorgeous look and should become the base set. Indiana's is one of most of the most beautiful scripts in college athletics and (as has been already been mentioned) goes a long way toward separating the identity from that of Oklahoma's, without resorting to gaudy stripes.

IU-Faces-Western-Kentucky-In-F.jpg

I'm not a fan of whole words on helmets... but this looks pretty damn good. I still prefer the class IU, but this is the best alternat helmet they have had in the last... 3 or 4 years?

Cincinnati finally added their conference patch, but my gosh, it's the worst placement possible.

CPSZE9PWcAAoCiT.jpg

I think it's a function of the way Under Armour places logos on their new template. Auburn has the same problem:

1922025_976534109064284_912240661_n.jpg

Auburn (and other Under Armour teams) actually know where to place the conference patch...You picked a poor photo from when the players first got the uniforms and not wearing pads. The circle SEC patch fits better than the A logo too

LouisvilleAuburnJohnson.jpg

Cincinnati's patch is quite literally sitting on top of their wordmark.

You and I made the same point. You're effectively complaining because the word "CINCINNATI" is longer than the word "AUBURN"

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

Cincinnati finally added their conference patch, but my gosh, it's the worst placement possible.

CPSZE9PWcAAoCiT.jpg

I think it's a function of the way Under Armour places logos on their new template. Auburn has the same problem:

1922025_976534109064284_912240661_n.jpg

Auburn (and other Under Armour teams) actually know where to place the conference patch...You picked a poor photo from when the players first got the uniforms and not wearing pads. The circle SEC patch fits better than the A logo too

LouisvilleAuburnJohnson.jpg

Cincinnati's patch is quite literally sitting on top of their wordmark.

You and I made the same point. You're effectively complaining because the word "CINCINNATI" is longer than the word "AUBURN"

You do realize the Cincinnati wordmark is much lower than the Auburn one, right?

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

As an Arizona fan, while technically they may be out of place, it's very nice to see something new and flashy come to the team.

Last new helmet we had were the copper helmets and I think the red chrome is a step above those.

They don't look bad but when is everyone gonna realize that chrome logos on chrome helmets get lost and look bad??

Also as bad as some chrome helmets look, I've never seen one in person and id probably still get excited if I was a player.

The players would get hyped if you gave them anything. Players are college kids and college kids are stupid. When I was in college I thought cargo shorts were cool. If someone gave me a second helmet to wear, even if it didn't look that great, I'd probably still be excited.

Also, I was at the UW Huskies game on Saturday (awesome stadium by the way) and they were in their Chrome lids and I hated them more in person than I do on the TV. They're mirrors, they have no color to them, and then below the neck they wear matte jerseys and pants so it creates this silly contrast that isn't necessary. What the hell is the point of a helmet that looks exactly like your regular helmet except worse?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Oh great...let the fun begin

CPe0-ulUcAAc1nm.jpg

The Huskies are blowing the Pac-12 opener. Lets hope that Cal doesn't go white on white for this one.

We probably will or maybe we will wear the all gray jerseys.....im thinking we might actually break out that alternate helmet that was shown here...im sure there was a "beat texas and you can wear an alternate helmet" thing

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived