College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B9318973742Z.1_20150926151604_000_GVHC24

Rutgers broke out their old uniforms for the first time in years....

Good lord yes please

I actually disagree with what appears to be the majority here. Rutgers' current uniforms may have their issues, but their old sets look like they belong to a high school team. That said, an updated number font and move to a modern template and these could be drastically improved.

IOWA HAWKEYES // KANSAS CITY CHIEFS // MINNESOTA TWINS

CP19Q1UXAAAAXcA.jpg

LA Tech just announce they changed the helmet stripe to match the red jersey

12038115_10102300481982872_1792952964688

12079106_10102300482811212_1311404435557

Maybe my eyesight is going bad but the jersey looks like it is red base > white stripe > blue stripe > white stripe > red base.

The helmet looks red base> white stripe > red stripe > blue stripe > red stripe > white stripe > red base.

If that is accurate that is on par with the inexplicable failure of Florida to match the orange jersey stripes to the orange pants and helmet. La Tech should just take that great striping pattern from the white pants and apply it across the board on all its helmets, pants and jerseys.

Illinois looked like Illinois again. Orange/blue/orange. It's been at least a few years since they've worn that I feel.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-56072bac/turbine/ct-illinois-mtsu-football-spt-0927-20150926

They also barely beat a mid-major, which is also pure Illinois.

Is there a reason the orange pants don't have the same white stripe down the middle to offset the blue that is present on the helmet? Good look otherwise.

Illinois looked like Illinois again. Orange/blue/orange. It's been at least a few years since they've worn that I feel.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-56072bac/turbine/ct-illinois-mtsu-football-spt-0927-20150926

They also barely beat a mid-major, which is also pure Illinois.

Is there a reason the orange pants don't have the same white stripe down the middle to offset the blue that is present on the helmet? Good look otherwise.

There's no reason for the inconsistency. The only reason I can think of is that the orange helmet and pants weren't designed to be worn together. They also have similar inconsistencies with their navy helmet, jersey and pants.

Finally! First time since 2010 and only the 2nd time since 2005 they've worn orange/blue/orange.

Really?! Illinois should be Orange/Blue/Orange, IMO. It's a perfect look.

Yeah, they said that in the tweet after the picture of the uniform combo. I knew Zook preferred white pants, but I was shocked it's only the second time in ten years they've worn orange pants with the blue jerseys.
That was shocking to read. However, does it count if the bottom part of the helmet is gradient navy?

I only caught a bit of the highlights, but has the orange helmet always had that? The orange color of the (chromed?)helmet always looks off compared to the rest of the uni, but if it's always had navy gradient, then they might be better off with the white helmets.

There's no navy gradient on the helmets. You were probably seeing a reflection from the navy jerseys. The color of the helmet can also look different depending on how the light hits it.

Most D III schools don't have one supplier for all their uniforms. Mount Union has Nike provide all of their football gear but I don't think they provide gear for all of the sports they play. Malone University teams wear Nike, adidas, Wilson and Under Armour and the choices seem to be made by individual coaches.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived