College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

If the crop top look could be a way for football players to feel unique and stand out without needing grey jerseys, chrome helmets and all that crap, I'm all for it. Let's face it...when was the last time the bottom third of a jersey was necessary to a uniform that didn't have...piping.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why the players can't "crop" their shirts. The only legitimate reason would be the "cropping" is cutting off the bottom half of the numbers. But that doesn't seem to be the NCAA's reasoning. I also think the only other legitimate reasoning should be if the players are cutting the bottom off their jerseys. If they are tucking them under the shoulder pads or flak jacket, then they should be able to.

I wonder how long it will be before Nike modifies their template to offer a crop top option. They already have a modified version for quarter backs around the sleeves. Who knows. It just seems like the NCAA is trying to flex their muscles with this new rule.

In 1997, the NCAA decided that it was a uniform violation. It's in the NCAA power to relegate a lot of the "trends" away. The next trends to go will probably be the crazy face masks and probably more stringent color management for uniform number visibility. They likely won't get too involved in school color applications tho.

• 2 weeks later...

CAzRMe2WkAANEey.jpg

Gasp. A school color!

Need to see this at a better angle but doesn't look too good.

New TCU uniforms will be revealed Friday April 10 at 7pm.

Gray-Purple-Black-White everything is my guess along with maybe another purple/black/red mashup helmet

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Well now that DOC Gross is gone, who knows how long we'll keep up that NYC spiel :P

But yeah, if it's that combo, it'll look good minus the numbers. Syracuse's uniforms grew on me (well.. not the grey ones) as the season progressed and is really a legible number font away from a real solid set. I've been a big fan of the helmets since day one, so I guess that helps.

Also my annual reminder that even though it is the Syracuse Orange, navy's been the traditional home jersey color for decades on decades on decades, so I'd rather for this be a twice a year alt than a full time home.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

New TCU uniforms will be revealed Friday April 10 at 7pm.

Gray-Purple-Black-White everything is my guess along with maybe another purple/black/red mashup helmet

Actually, a greater use of white and the frogskin pattern are the biggest changes. A couple new helmets, too.

Yes... please let's REHASH the ENTIRE conversation about Syracuse's long numbers and the skyscrapers in New York City and Syracuse's proximity to said skyscrapers for the 234,523,456,245th time.

On a NEW note: Michigan football is getting helmet stickers back. Also, Harbaugh doing away with "Legend" Jersey

Personally, I would HATE to see Michigan add helmet stickers. The wing helmet is so iconic. It doesn't need helmet stickers. Its perfect the way it is. The stickers are going to take away from the beautiful simplicity of the helmet. Bad move by Jim. Your 2 main rivals do helmet stickers. You don't need them too.

Personally, I would HATE to see Michigan add helmet stickers. The winged helmet is so iconic. It doesn't need helmet stickers. Its perfect the way it is. The stickers are going to take away from the beautiful simplicity of the helmet. Bad move by Jim. Your 2 main rivals do helmet stickers. You don't need them too.

From what I read yesterday, Harbs said that nothing was set in stone yet as it pertains to the stickers. Hopefully he stays away from them. Soooooo outdated and unnecessary.

However, if he comes in and turns the program around, he can add them all he wants and I won't complain. I just want my traditional-football-power-Michigan back to prominence.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Personally, I would HATE to see Michigan add helmet stickers. The winged helmet is so iconic. It doesn't need helmet stickers. Its perfect the way it is. The stickers are going to take away from the beautiful simplicity of the helmet. Bad move by Jim. Your 2 main rivals do helmet stickers. You don't need them too.

From what I read yesterday, Harbs said that nothing was set in stone yet as it pertains to the stickers. Hopefully he stays away from them. Soooooo outdated and unnecessary.

However, if he comes in and turns the program around, he can add them all he wants and I won't complain. I just want my traditional-football-power-Michigan back to prominence.

As much as I hate to say it, the whole conference needs that team up north to be relevant again...

As much as I hate to say it, the whole conference needs that team up north to be relevant again...

At least you are honest enough to admit it. Rivalries need both teams to be good.

Archived