College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

12142440_1626140907683124_713743931_n.jp

Oh geez, that is horrible. Absolute trash. Especially against a rival like USC.

it must be a big game that the Huskies are REALLY up for, wearing black.

He looks like he's Farting The Red Sea.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12045745_1052804171430545_57804201765351

Utah is wearing throwbacks this week. I love these.

Horizontal stripes on the pants...

No objection?

I'll object as all horizontal stripes on pants SUCK! I really like most of UA's uniforms from the waist up, but damn these stripes need to go.

spacer.png

I hate when teams with great color pallets add an un-needed color. Purple and gold looks fantastic, no need to add anything.

That being said, I guess I can live with a team adding a new color, but they shouldn't be wearing it for conference play, especially if its a rival or if the other team has such a classic look. Additional/alternate colors/uniforms should be used when they are playing mid major opponents - definitely not when you are playing a conference opponent.

The NCAA should just restrict all teams to four sets: home, away, white/light and black/dark.

I'm also learning to like the NFL's single helmet rule more and more. The garish, contrived helmets kill me more than anything. Why does a team like Kansas need 15 helmets?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The NCAA should just restrict all teams to four sets: home, away, white/light and black/dark.

I'm also learning to like the NFL's single helmet rule more and more. The garish, contrived helmets kill me more than anything. Why does a team like Kansas need 15 helmets?

Recruits apparently think its kewl.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

This is especially disappointing to me because when a team like UW, who relies on recruiting southern California, plays in LA, they should where their most "popular" look. And I guess this is what the kids like these days but the new Huskies will have no idea of the tradition that Husky football used to have.

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

No objection?

I don't see why it's so hard for a school to say, "UA, we would prefer if you just leave the quad stripes blank, to preserve the look of this throwback."

I actually can't find any images of the uniform they're basing this throwback on though. I see that they wore a grey version of that UU helmet with grey pants in 1966, but the white helmet came before then. I'm just wondering whether they had matching pants stripes on it or not.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

No objection?

I don't see why it's so hard for a school to say, "UA, we would prefer if you just leave the quad stripes blank, to preserve the look of this throwback."

I actually can't find any images of the uniform they're basing this throwback on though. I see that they wore a grey version of that UU helmet with grey pants in 1966, but the white helmet came before then. I'm just wondering whether they had matching pants stripes on it or not.

Maybe they do and ua is just like "nah this is cool" and maybe Utah is like "well damn they know better than us"??

No objection?

I found this on their official site regarding this so-called throwbacks:

The Utah football program has unveiled a throwback uniform celebrating decades of Utah football uniform designs. The throwbacks will be worn for the Homecoming game against California on Saturday, Oct. 10.

Elements drawn from various decades that are incorporated into the design include:

• Interlocking UU logo on the helmet from the 1960s

• Font for the numbers from the 1970s

• Stripes on the jerseys from the 1970s-1990s.

The interlocking UU logo will be featured on the throwback helmet, jerseys and pants. The hashtag for the promotion is #UUThrowback.

Replicas of the "Neo Classic" jerseys, created in partnership with Under Armour, will be available at the University of Utah Bookstore and other retail outlets on Aug. 20.

spacer.png

There should be a 2 helmet, max. And they should require them to be uniform with the rest of the... uniform.

jpRVubE.jpg

Arizona State's Uniforms for this week. Looks pretty tame for Adi......

*Sees Adizero on shoes and gloves*

WTF Adidas, WTF

Nothing says uniform like yellow numbers/logos outlined in red... except the numbers on the side of the helmet, which, inexplicable are void of red.

That being said... the gloves appear to be the best part of the uniform. Congrats, Adidas... not a total fail.

There should be a 2 helmet, max. And they should require them to be uniform with the rest of the... uniform.

I'd be OK with a three helmet max: school color #1, school color #2 and white. There would be exceptions, of course, such as Maryland, as black, red and yellow have a long history as their school colors. Oregon really doesn't need anything other than green, yellow and white helmets, Indiana doesn't need 50,000,000 different helmet designs, etc. etc.

That being said, I'm willing to let teams have leeway when it comes to switching decals on those (maximum of) three helmets, but no more asymmetrical helmets. It looked stupid when Boise did it and it still looks stupid now.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived