College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Personally, I would HATE to see Michigan add helmet stickers. The winged helmet is so iconic. It doesn't need helmet stickers. Its perfect the way it is. The stickers are going to take away from the beautiful simplicity of the helmet. Bad move by Jim. Your 2 main rivals do helmet stickers. You don't need them too.

From what I read yesterday, Harbs said that nothing was set in stone yet as it pertains to the stickers. Hopefully he stays away from them. Soooooo outdated and unnecessary.

However, if he comes in and turns the program around, he can add them all he wants and I won't complain. I just want my traditional-football-power-Michigan back to prominence.

As much as I hate to say it, the whole conference needs that team up north to be relevant again...

At least you are honest enough to admit it. Rivalries need both teams to be good.

Right now the B1G has a good opportunity with OSU holding the title and some newer coaching blood coming into the conference. Even the "middle-tier" football schools like Michigan State and Wisconsin have actually been quite good in the last several seasons. If Harbaugh can resurrect Michigan, Franklin with Penn State and homerishly, Mike Riley continues or raises the 9+ win streak that Pelini started streak at Nebraska, the Big Ten could be quite a force, honestly.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I would HATE to see Michigan add helmet stickers. The winged helmet is so iconic. It doesn't need helmet stickers. Its perfect the way it is. The stickers are going to take away from the beautiful simplicity of the helmet. Bad move by Jim. Your 2 main rivals do helmet stickers. You don't need them too.

From what I read yesterday, Harbs said that nothing was set in stone yet as it pertains to the stickers. Hopefully he stays away from them. Soooooo outdated and unnecessary.

However, if he comes in and turns the program around, he can add them all he wants and I won't complain. I just want my traditional-football-power-Michigan back to prominence.

As much as I hate to say it, the whole conference needs that team up north to be relevant again...
Ohio State is wearing the crown in a year where the conference's two other blue bloods had subpar seasons. Franklin and Harbaugh may or may not turn it around at their respective programs, but that has little bearing on conference strength and (most importantly to me) Ohio State's national perception. I Don't like the xenophobia of the SEC and would hat to see it permeate the B1G.

I've said that from Day 1. I went to the University of Toledo so athletics were pretty split. I would give the edge to Ohio State (slightly), Detroit Tigers, Cleveland Cavaliers (height of LeBron Era 1.0), and Lions/Browns were fairly split, but I would shade it Cleveland. What I couldn't understand about the fandom was when they said they hope Michigan or Ohio State loses every game. I hope Michigan wins EVERY game EXCEPT when they play Ohio State to close out the season. That's how every rivalry should be. Undefeated until the big game. One team goes to 12-0 the other to 11-1.

At least you are honest enough to admit it. Rivalries need both teams to be good.

Right now the B1G has a good opportunity with OSU holding the title and some newer coaching blood coming into the conference. Even the "middle-tier" football schools like Michigan State and Wisconsin have actually been quite good in the last several seasons. If Harbaugh can resurrect Michigan, Franklin with Penn State and homerishly, Mike Riley continues or raises the 9+ win streak that Pelini started streak at Nebraska, the Big Ten could be quite a force, honestly.

The Big Ten is already a force with 3 very strong teams. Ohio State won the national championship and their 2nd best team (Michigan State) finished the season ranked #5. Wisconsin also finished #13. The Big Ten just proved that it doesn't need Nebraska, Michigan, and Penn State to be good to be considered good.

The Big Ten is already a force with 3 very strong teams. Ohio State won the national championship and their 2nd best team (Michigan State) finished the season ranked #5. Wisconsin also finished #13. The Big Ten just proved that it doesn't need Nebraska, Michigan, and Penn State to be good to be considered good.
Well you see, people get butt-hurt if the same teams aren't strong and winning year in and year out, it's something called "tradition". Personally I liked when Michigan went through hell this past season, it was fun to see them sink so low. Maybe I'm just a bad person.

CA4Zs0sWcAAVDVz.jpg

Better... just need to get rid of those weird triangle/gradient/pattern things and go back to some traditional stripes.

still leagues better than this atrocity

syracuseorangeuniforms_display_image.jpg

amazing what different fabric, matte helmet, and a color shift can do

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Harbaugh's bringing pride stickers back to Michigan helmets and the decision was made to end the Legends program, so no more #98 quarterbacks

EDIT: I see yall got that news covered already on the previous page. Personally, I feel like pride stickers are a relic of a bygone era. Doesn't really fit with 21st century minimalism

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Harbaugh's bringing pride stickers back to Michigan helmets and the decision was made to end the Legends program, so no more #98 quarterbacks

EDIT: I see yall got that news covered already on the previous page. Personally, I feel like pride stickers are a relic of a bygone era. Doesn't really fit with 21st century minimalism

A number of schools have brought pride stickers back to helmets in the last few years.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

A number of schools have brought pride stickers back to helmets in the last few years.

Bielema added them to our helmets this past year at Arkansas and I thought they looked great. I know the players loved them too.

CA4Zs0sWcAAVDVz.jpg

Better... just need to get rid of those weird triangle/gradient/pattern things and go back to some traditional stripes.

still leagues better than this atrocity

syracuseorangeuniforms_display_image.jpg

amazing what different fabric, matte helmet, and a color shift can do

I don't know if the difference is more than semantic. They looked like pumpkins, now they look like pylons. Still kinda ugly.

Bielema added them to our helmets this past year at Arkansas and I thought they looked great. I know the players loved them too.

I think its a case by case basis.

• Ohio State - Gorgeous.
  • Florida State - Very good, but I would rather just see that beautiful spear logo.
  • Michigan State - Looks OK. I don't like multiple different stickers. I would rather just see the Spartan Mohawk.
  • Georgia - The bones are OK. I think if the stickers don't cover the helmet, it looks incomplete.
  • Standford - Once again, they are OK... I would rather see trees or something.
  • Arkansas - The hog heads are bad. Go back to the mallets.

I think it all comes does to coverage on the helmet. Florida State and Ohio State tend to cover the helmet by the end of the season and it looks fantastic. Michigan State and Georgia get about 1/5th of the helmet covered and it just looks partially done.

The sledge hammers were a Petrino thing. The team used to carry a sledge hammer out with them when they were announced pre-game too. They only used them for two seasons and then when he was fired John L. Smith changed the stickers to tusks. Those just looked terrible and Bielema didn't use them his first year. He added the hog head which is a little too big for my taste for a pride sticker but still a better option than the tusk. They definitely won't go back to the hammer however.

I think that Ohio State and Florida State are the only schools that can use pride stickers and still look good. heck, every time I see an Ohio State helmet without the stickers, I think it looks weird.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I think that Ohio State and Florida State are the only schools that can use pride stickers and still look good. heck, every time I see an Ohio State helmet without the stickers, I think it looks weird.

There are a few others, but the Bucks and 'Noles are really the main schools think about.

---edit---

Just Googled it and apparently, aside from OSU (and now Michigan), Illinois, Michigan State and Purdue also have stickers. But you're right about nobody being as prolific as OSU or FSU. The Buckeyes cover the helmet like a bunch of tattoos.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived