College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

The ESPN 30 for 30 has inspired Colorado to wear the throwbacks again - https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/3rjiqo/colorado_coach_macintyre_last_nights_30for30/

Wow that's incredible that A) a movie came out about uniforms and B) Nike allows CU to bring back the best set west of the Mississippi.

Also watching MACtion tonight, really dig the Ohio Bulldogs green and white unis. Look just like the Colts.

The movie wasn't about uniforms.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick stat check. With the ECU signing, the number of teams in adidas apparel is now 11. Whoopee!

There are 12 teams in the Power 5 conferences that wear adidas. Wisconsin and Michigan will drop out, leaving 10.

Louisville

Miami

NC State

Indiana

Michigan

Wisconsin

Nebraska

Kansas

Arizona State

UCLA

Mississippi State

Texas A&M

ECU is not a Power 5 school. A lot of non-Power 5 teams are outfitted by adidas.

Whether the AAC is in the top or bottom tier of 1-A is one of those 'Ehh, 50/50' type of arguments You really could agree or disagree and be right both ways. Up until last week we had 3 undefeated teams, and Temple only lost to ND by 4. Plus, let's face it, ECU could easily win the ACC Coastal division. Heck, if they played FSU and Clemson every year from the Atlantic they'd finish 6-2 (give or take a game) every year.

Whether the AAC is in the top or bottom tier of 1-A is one of those 'Ehh, 50/50' type of arguments You really could agree or disagree and be right both ways. Up until last week we had 3 undefeated teams, and Temple only lost to ND by 4. Plus, let's face it, ECU could easily win the ACC Coastal division. Heck, if they played FSU and Clemson every year from the Atlantic they'd finish 6-2 (give or take a game) every year.

This is a great post for the regular sports thread, and not the uniform thread. I don't think anyone in this thread is arguing how strong a program ECU is or isn't.

And somehow Houston barely gets into the top 25 while Baylor is top 10 with a similarly weak schedule. Makes no sense, but that's college football for ya. The whole P5/G5 thing is just so dumb.

Oh well, I'll stop there so the topic isn't derailed further but it's just so hard not to rant about how screwed up NCAA football is.

They got blown out by Connecticut.

So, no.

Frickin' love this uni, so I need a reason why LSU doesn't wear it more often (yes it's a very late post, sorry!):

635801098389768643-LSU-South-Carolina-Fo

492302242-derrius-guice-takes-a-handoff-

I like it, but I've got two complaints. First, shouldn't the striping on the helmet and pants match the striping on the white jerseys? Secondly, I think they should only be worn at night. The sun washed out the yellow to the point where you couldn't even see it, and it didn't even look like LSU on the field.

Frickin' love this uni, so I need a reason why LSU doesn't wear it more often (yes it's a very late post, sorry!):

I like it, but I've got two complaints. First, shouldn't the striping on the helmet and pants match the striping on the white jerseys? Secondly, I think they should only be worn at night. The sun washed out the yellow to the point where you couldn't even see it, and it didn't even look like LSU on the field.

If the stripes matched, it'd be yellow/white/yellow on a white surface, which would be awful. I think they're fine the way they are, great uniforms, though I'm glad LSU uses them sparingly.

If the stripes matched, it'd be yellow/white/yellow on a white surface, which would be awful. I think they're fine the way they are, great uniforms, though I'm glad LSU uses them sparingly.

*purple, yellow, purple (to match the white jersey, as he alluded to) would be way better.

There's a twitter campaign brewing for Nebraska to go all-red against Michigan State.

The last time NU wore all reds was in the 1980s.

CTDYv2MWIAA9jQ5.jpg

CTDYv1tWcAAkm5-.jpg

Strangely, as much as I'm not a fan of monochrome uniforms, I actually like this look. Certainly wouldn't want it weekly, but I don't hate it as much as I thought I would.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Ahh, Mississippi State is soooo close!! Put a maroon face mask on it and maybe a stripe, and it'd be perfect.

The big logo on the left leg really kills the uniform for me. If they would only use stripes on the pants similar to the jersey, then it would be a great look.

hi-res-5d9f1e68019e167c066243276299613a_

spacer.png

Archived