buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

Pretty sure those pants and helmets are from the Katrina one-offs they wore against Tulane which would explain the lack of matching up. I'm pretty surprised that gear was just stashed away for nearly a decade and they were able to break it out on short notice. Really surprised that the helmets would be up to date so I could be completely wrong here.

There's a twitter campaign brewing for Nebraska to go all-red against Michigan State.

The last time NU wore all reds was in the 1980s.

Strangely, as much as I'm not a fan of monochrome uniforms, I actually like this look. Certainly wouldn't want it weekly, but I don't hate it as much as I thought I would.

As much as I hate Adidas this is the one uniform they haven't screwed up.

Granted the design seems to be a holdover from whoever NU wore in the 90s but the stripes get credit for not botching the best red/white uniform in the business.

Pretty sure those pants and helmets are from the Katrina one-offs they wore against Tulane which would explain the lack of matching up. I'm pretty surprised that gear was just stashed away for nearly a decade and they were able to break it out on short notice. Really surprised that the helmets would be up to date so I could be completely wrong here.

They've been wearing those pants all year. I believe the originally got them for an alternate last season.

From what I can tell, the pants are brand new. Interestingly, they teased the uniform set with the old pants:

Here is the teaser:

CQ-OapoWoAAtBs_.jpg

These pants match the Katrina ones, with the stripes cut at the top:

USATSI_2235056-620x937.jpg

However, all of the players in this year's game wore full length stripes and they have the mesh side panels of the current template:

B9319222631Z.1_20151010215252_000_G5AC6S

My guess is they had a pair of the old pants lying around for the teaser and also used this recent helmet and re-stickered it.

LSU-junior-wide-receiver-Rueben-Randle.j

There's a twitter campaign brewing for Nebraska to go all-red against Michigan State.

Strangely, as much as I'm not a fan of monochrome uniforms, I actually like this look. Certainly wouldn't want it weekly, but I don't hate it as much as I thought I would.

Granted the design seems to be a holdover from whoever NU wore in the 90s but the stripes get credit for not botching the best red/white uniform in the business.

Nebraska actually wore adidas in the 1990s as well. I believe we were one of the first major universities to ink a deal with them in football, IIRC. At the time it was big deal.

Nebraska actually wore adidas in the 1990s as well. I believe we were one of the first major universities to ink a deal with them in football, IIRC. At the time it was big deal.

Wow just checked google images and yes since 1995 it's been three stripes with Russell Athletic before. Also didn't realize NU had no pant stripes back then. I think it looked really cool with plain white pants.

ncf_frazier16_390.jpg

Wow just checked google images and yes since 1995 it's been three stripes with Russell Athletic before. Also didn't realize NU had no pant stripes back then. I think it looked really cool with plain white pants.

ncf_frazier16_390.jpg

The pant stripes came and went a bit. Here's Mike Rozier with them in the mid-80s.

rozier1.jpg

Back on topic, this is such a perfect uniform minus the armpit weirdness on the yellow stripe.

B9319222631Z.1_20151010215252_000_G5AC6S

Frickin' love this uni, so I need a reason why LSU doesn't wear it more often (yes it's a very late post, sorry!):

635801098389768643-LSU-South-Carolina-Fo

492302242-derrius-guice-takes-a-handoff-

I like it, but I've got two complaints. First, shouldn't the striping on the helmet and pants match the striping on the white jerseys? Secondly, I think they should only be worn at night. The sun washed out the yellow to the point where you couldn't even see it, and it didn't even look like LSU on the field.

If the stripes matched, it'd be yellow/white/yellow on a white surface, which would be awful. I think they're fine the way they are, great uniforms, though I'm glad LSU uses them sparingly.

The pants need a thicker yellow stripe.

Ahh, Mississippi State is soooo close!! Put a maroon face mask on it and maybe a stripe, and it'd be perfect.

The big logo on the left leg really kills the uniform for me. If they would only use stripes on the pants similar to the jersey, then it would be a great look.

hi-res-5d9f1e68019e167c066243276299613a_

I agree. The black outlines and pants logo really bring the uniform set down. The white helmets looked good as an alternate last night, though.

I just came here to post that SMU looks like clowns. Stupid red chrome helmet that's a shade too dark, silly "patriotic" logo, and stupid chrome mask.

Their actual threads aren't great either. Could use some trim or stripes or something. Not a huge fan of the font for the number or SMU either.

Fresno State/Nevada was a Nike catalog game if I ever saw one.

635823693504623766-USATSI-8905911.jpg

Both teams have Miami's font, Mizzou's Pro Combat pants, Fresno has sleeve caps, Nevada outlines the caps.

Brutal.

Fresno State/Nevada was a Nike catalog game if I ever saw one.

635823693504623766-USATSI-8905911.jpg

Both teams have Miami's font, Mizzou's Pro Combat pants, Fresno has sleeve caps, Nevada outlines the caps.

Brutal.

Haha yeah. It's like a high school game.

they wore adidas cleats but the unis were russell (had both tags) and sports belle for a few years before adi took more of an active role and managed the sourcing through ripon I believe...really wasnt until tech fit (reebok) that they had proprietary uniforms.

Gators' Twitter says they're wearing orange jerseys with white pants. All comments ask about whether there's a new helmet, but so far, they haven't replied.

Random thought - When was the last time Clemson wore purple?

Last November vs Georgia State. They only use the set one game a year in November for the annual "Purple Out". This year is against Wake Forest in two weeks.

While I'm here, Clemson is wearing all orange today. Also, for the annual "Solid Orange" Day. First time wearing the orange pants this year, but probably not the last.

Duke vs UNC this weekend;

12219396_10102348815641832_4327895339812

12193521_10102348403916932_8707306936988

I confess I'm heavily biased but anyone think this is match-up of the year worthy.

If UNC wore white pants, it'd be even better.

This just reminds me of how good the Colts would look if they busted out blue pants on the road.

I'm expecting the Huskies will go with this look against Utah:

AP771107634794.jpg

It's what they wore at this time last year, and they've already release promotionals with that helmet on it. A "military appreciation", they're calling it.