College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Not liking OSU's helets today. I keep confusing them for Oregon State.

Then you must not be very bright if you're watching a game and keep forgetting who is playing. Also, aside from the colors they look nothing alike.

I think the majority of people who say "I thought I was watching __" don't mean it literally, or if they do they mean they looked at it for a second or so and thought they saw something else before realizing. Mostly though I think it's just a way to say the uniform makes them look like another school.

Ironically enough, Oregon State looked exactly like the Pokes today, and it was amazing.

CeSK931.jpg

God damn I love Oregon State's uniforms. Really some of the most underrated unis in the country, though I think I've said that before.

I'm glad they've unified the helmet logos as well. It looked strange to have different logos for each helmet.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fresno State/Nevada was a Nike catalog game if I ever saw one.

635823693504623766-USATSI-8905911.jpg

Both teams have Miami's font, Mizzou's Pro Combat pants, Fresno has sleeve caps, Nevada outlines the caps.

Brutal.

I think Nevada has shoulder caps too, just really light grey though.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

TCU in all white. I gotta say, I think TCU might be the only team in the country who's alternate helmet is actually better than their regular helmet. That white helmet is just so damn pretty, especially when they go all white or white/purple/white. The purple mask just makes it.

Well the primary helmet we have now kinda sucks (with the white stripe and all), but...

BGYpzXmCYAAQ5wx.jpg

I still say that's the best helmet we've ever had.

Nah, Best helmet and uniforms TCU has ever worn were the Nike Pro Combat unis with Casey Pachall, with the red stripes on the helmets.

...you actually liked those?

If that was to my comment, then yes, probably one of the most unique and well executed pro combat unis.

Wait, which one were you talking about?

This one:

2013-tcu-nike-pro-combat-helmet.jpeg

or this one?

tcu.jpg

....or this one?

TCU_NIKE_PRO1.jpg

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Not liking OSU's helets today. I keep confusing them for Oregon State.

Then you must not be very bright if you're watching a game and keep forgetting who is playing. Also, aside from the colors they look nothing alike.

I think the majority of people who say "I thought I was watching __" don't mean it literally, or if they do they mean they looked at it for a second or so and thought they saw something else before realizing. Mostly though I think it's just a way to say the uniform makes them look like another school.

Ironically enough, Oregon State looked exactly like the Pokes today, and it was amazing.

CeSK931.jpg

God damn I love Oregon State's uniforms. Really some of the most underrated unis in the country, though I think I've said that before.

The numbers need to be white; I could barely see them on TV.

Because Adidas just supplies them with on-field and sideline wear. Anyone can make/sell gear as long as it's been properly licensed.

I'm surprised because adidas' contracts with most schools specifically prohibit them from licensing products to direct competitors. I know our last deal with adidas prevented Nike, Under Armour and Russell from making Tennessee gear of any type. Our new Nike contract has a similar provision.

I just received the new Auburn Under Armour contract. The language for this type of product is very specific. Existing 3rd party contracts are allowed to stay until they expire, then Under Armour has to have the first opportunity to take over their products, etc. Under Armour basically has to approve all new contracts. It's very legal speak heavy, but that's pretty much the jist of it.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

TCU in all white. I gotta say, I think TCU might be the only team in the country who's alternate helmet is actually better than their regular helmet. That white helmet is just so damn pretty, especially when they go all white or white/purple/white. The purple mask just makes it.

Well the primary helmet we have now kinda sucks (with the white stripe and all), but...

BGYpzXmCYAAQ5wx.jpg

I still say that's the best helmet we've ever had.

Nah, Best helmet and uniforms TCU has ever worn were the Nike Pro Combat unis with Casey Pachall, with the red stripes on the helmets.

...you actually liked those?

If that was to my comment, then yes, probably one of the most unique and well executed pro combat unis.

Wait, which one were you talking about?

This one:

2013-tcu-nike-pro-combat-helmet.jpeg

or this one?

tcu.jpg

....or this one?

TCU_NIKE_PRO1.jpg

The top one..!

a2BRS8U.png

Iowa and Indiana both wearing patriotic helmet decals in their game. Looks terrible.

terrible? really? in this day and age of uniforms, you looked at that game and said "terrible"???????

635825272694967511-19-IndianaIowaFB-mk.j

yes indiana would look better with a red hat and Iowa should have the tigerhawk on both sides, but besides that.....HOW is this a TERRIBLE matchup?

Iowa and Indiana both wearing patriotic helmet decals in their game. Looks terrible.

terrible? really? in this day and age of uniforms, you looked at that game and said "terrible"???????

635825272694967511-19-IndianaIowaFB-mk.j

yes indiana would look better with a red hat and Iowa should have the tigerhawk on both sides, but besides that.....HOW is this a TERRIBLE matchup?

I think he meant that the patriotic decal was terrible, not the entire game. Either way, that's a god awful helmet by Indiana.

Im sure most of you know about Paul Lukas and his views about the american flag style decal trend in football. I agree that it's really dumb looking, ugly and shouldn't be done, but the fact that he never stops calling it "flag desecration" is stupid and makes him sound like a whiny little c*nt. He thinks that any article of clothing or accessory in an American flag style pattern is flag desecration or pandering. I would love to give him a swift kick in the ass and send a fist right into his suckhole

Paul is very extreme in some of his stands, just like this. I think "desecration" is also a bit much, but I agree with the sentiment. I see it as quite literally placing yourself and your school over the flag. Cutting the flag to fit to your shape. That's why I was more okay with the helmets Northwestern wore a few years ago, that were entirely the flag.

My biggest thing is that it's been so overdone that the sentiment is so watered down. At what point is a nice gesture no longer a nice gesture and just a "we have to do this because we've done it before or others are doing it more"? It goes with the pink gear and support for every other cause. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for supporting cancer awareness and research, but take a look at Tulsa this weekend. They wore purple socks for Alzheimer's awareness. But purple is always used for domestic abuse awareness. The first rule of business (Auburn business student here) is to not confuse your consumer. We've long surpassed that rule at this point.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Paul is very extreme in some of his stands, just like this. I think "desecration" is also a bit much, but I agree with the sentiment. I see it as quite literally placing yourself and your school over the flag. Cutting the flag to fit to your shape. That's why I was more okay with the helmets Northwestern wore a few years ago, that were entirely the flag.

My biggest thing is that it's been so overdone that the sentiment is so watered down. At what point is a nice gesture no longer a nice gesture and just a "we have to do this because we've done it before or others are doing it more"? It goes with the pink gear and support for every other cause. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for supporting cancer awareness and research, but take a look at Tulsa this weekend. They wore purple socks for Alzheimer's awareness. But purple is always used for domestic abuse awareness. The first rule of business (Auburn business student here) is to not confuse your consumer. We've long surpassed that rule at this point.

Woo-hoo!! 9-11!!! Never forget! Put a boot in Isis' ass! Pat Tillman! Save the boobs!!!! WOOOOOOO

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I think the episode in Missouri today is a clear indication of the type of PC maelstrom that exists on college campuses.

I've looked at Google images from the 80s until now and it was only after 9/11 that teams placed the stars and bars in their jerseys and helmets.

Like it was appropriate for the 2001 season but now it's pandering plain and simple. It's also a color clash. Even the conference logos are color coordinated to the teams pattern.

So I agree with Lucas in the need to stop with the tertiary design elements. Hell there's so much going on the flags get lost anyway in the uniforms.

Archived