College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Western Michigan wearing all white at home, including red,white and blue bronco decals (though it might be a comet, it's really hard to tell.) Coach Fleck is rocking an adidas track jacket w/ tie.

Bowling Green looking good in all orange. They look way better than the Browns.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I'm not sure I really like Mizzou's whiteout, for two reasons: 1) I'm not seeing any gold (unless I'm missing it somewhere), and 2) it's hardly going to stand out well against BYU, a team which features a lot of white on the uniforms as is (and I assume they'd wear thier navy tops, which would all-but guarantee white helmet and pants). Mizzou wearing a black helmet at the very least would provide a little better matchup contrast.

I think teams really need to do a better job of thinking about thier opponents when choosing what to wear. This isn't the worst problem I've ever seen, but it seems to happen a little more often across sports that matchups either don't have good contrast or separation that could be controlled (not counting two teams with the same base color scheme), or look awkward; case in point, when the Raptors wore purple throwbacks at home against the Heat, who wore thier regular white homes on a red-black court that made the matchup awkwardly look like a Miami home game instead from a distance.

Simple consideration of your opponent can solve a lot of bad matchups. "Hey, BYU usually wears white helmets and pants with the navy tops. Maybe we should save a whiteout for another opponent", or "hey, Miami would have to wear thier home whites on our court if we wore these, and thier set meshes with our court a little too much, maybe we should wear these against Indiana or something" is all it takes.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Western has a great logo and unique colors. How they went from something like this:

2014%20-%20Egglesfield,%20Sean%20in%20Br

to this:

hi-res-786b7c926b15945eeb4c1728fd85fa36_

is nothing less than a tragedy.

The helmet is the only thing that really bothers me
That makes one of us. The oar yokes are absolutely horrible
They took the team mantra, a sailing reference, and applied it to their uniforms. They have not looked good since they moved from Reebok.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived