buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12142450_1682943201988184_538519449_n.jp[

#BRUINDARKOPS

this is fake right?

RIGHT?!

It is real. It's supposed to be a tribute to the US Navy SEALS for their Military Appreciation Day. The logo on the helmet is simliar to the bone frog tattoo that many Navy SEALs get. The recent connection I can find between UCLA and SEALs is that they've trained with some during the off-season.

This is ridiculous. We have reached a new height of absurdity of military "appreciation".

Agreed. It's getting way out of hand now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for supporting the troops - my Grandpa is a Vietnam vet, and I have an Uncle in the Navy, an Uncle in the Army, and an Aunt in the Army - but really all that's necessary is a ribbon patch on the jersey and something before the game (or during halftime) that shows appreciation. That's more than enough and gets the same message across. We don't need UCLA trotting out with skeletal frogs on thier helmet.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

12142450_1682943201988184_538519449_n.jp[

#BRUINDARKOPS

this is fake right?

RIGHT?!

It is real. It's supposed to be a tribute to the US Navy SEALS for their Military Appreciation Day. The logo on the helmet is simliar to the bone frog tattoo that many Navy SEALs get. The recent connection I can find between UCLA and SEALs is that they've trained with some during the off-season.

Next thing you know, we'll see a Green Beret appreciation uniform because an assistant coach passed by one at a Bloomingdale's during lunch one day.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived