buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

Penn State has a nice recruiting class coming in this year. They should be much better. Also, I would think Michigan will be better by default because they actually have a coach who can actually coach. I also think they will be motivated to show up for their new coach. Not to mention, I would assume Michigan's recruiting class will get even more of a boost than it already had due to Harbaugh's presence.

What this has to do with sports logos or uniforms, I don't know but I get tired of people propping up traditional powers just because they were good at one point yet no longer are.

Modern uniforms -vs- traditional? That's all I got. :P

It's been rumored that Oklahoma's "wood" alternates were a one-year deal and that the agreement with Nike was a new alternate each year. I doubt that's true but it will be interesting to see if something new pops up.

It's also been rumored (for a few years now) that OU will finally upgrade from the Destroyer template. I hope they move to the mach speed as I think it looks the best for traditional uniforms, versus the flywire/sweatbox infused templates of old.

It's been rumored that Oklahoma's "wood" alternates were a one-year deal and that the agreement with Nike was a new alternate each year. I doubt that's true but it will be interesting to see if something new pops up.

It's also been rumored (for a few years now) that OU will finally upgrade from the Destroyer template. I hope they move to the mach speed as I think it looks the best for traditional uniforms, versus the flywire/sweatbox infused templates of old.

I wonder if Kansas State will ever move on from the Destroyer template since it's starting to look real dated. I think they'll be the last school using it.

IIRC, the only major remaining Destoryer teams are: Stanford, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Penn State.

That said, I feel like I always forget one or two.

What are the sources of all of these rumours? Are we talking actual conversation with legit sources or are people just relaying unfounded speculations from unconnected fans via their favourite message boards?

B7WPGuLCEAAKehr.jpg

Huh. UA seems restless these days. It's like despite how low a number of teams they design they can't keep themselves from redesigning at least two each year.

They need to swap the white and black on the numbers

Yeah I agree. The outline is so thick it's distracting. White numbers typically look sharp anyway with a white helmet and white pants. I'm not sure why they didn't go with that.

B7WPGuLCEAAKehr.jpg

I digging the font (no surprise there). Hopefully Conrad will get ahold of it sooner rather than later.

B7WPGuLCEAAKehr.jpg

not bad even though I liked the old jerseys. I hear Oregon may go full Mach Speed, O on helmet, and duck on sleeve. I would say if they kill all the grayscale stuff, the would look great.

B7WPGuLCEAAKehr.jpg

I digging the font (no surprise there). Hopefully Conrad will get ahold of it sooner rather than later.

That's a sample with a stock UA font instead of the custom Carolina font, which sadly isn't going anywhere.

Probably won't be worn then. I can't see them falling back to a standard look.

It's a problem when my high school uses the same template, BEFORE a college gets a hold of it.

It's a problem when my high school uses the same template, BEFORE a college gets a hold of it.

Maybe they ran a trial run of that template in high school before taking it to the college game?

Can't see those as being legitimate. There's no way UA would put us in something as basic as that. It doesn't even have Carolina's custom font, 'Machine' anywhere on it.

Can't see those as being legitimate. There's no way UA would put us in something as basic as that. It doesn't even have Carolina's custom font, 'Machine' anywhere on it.

It's probably the stock option they used in the catalogs. Nike, adidas and UA will all put the names of the teams they sponsor on the front of the uniform.