College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

I'm not a fan of monochrome. I don't like random, unnecessary notches in fonts. I don't like the leotard look. I'm fairly traditional.

But this Iowa Hawkeyes blackout uniform was a huge guilty pleasure. 56481f359da86.image.jpg

10-0 likely has something to do with it. But so does the lack of white.

And really, anything other than straight Steelers knockoffs is welcome. I'd take this jersey with the rest of the current set in a heartbeat.

More photos here.

Beautiful. My biggest beef with the current set is the shrunken front numerals they switched to in 2013 or so. As seen above, the template can accommodate large numbers, so would love to see Iowa switch back.

I think that set would look even better with a set of shoulder stripes, but not ones like their normal uniforms. Something to set it apart, but not go overboard.
Hard to see, but during the game QB CJ Beathard appeared to have a gold stripe on the sleeve. This photo seems to confirm, but there also might be a gray stripe? (Second pic in linked gallery.)

56481f35563d2.preview-100.jpg

Never saw it on any other player.

EDIT: Nope. Undershirt or pads. FWIW, I think it looks better with a single gold stripe:

AR-151119730.jpg

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now the question becomes: will FSU wear the original 2014 black uniform or the new Mach Speed design like their home and away? Might depend if they actually received their black set from Nike or just used a sample for the launch of the new design.

12234845_10102366106750312_4699045392034

12108014_935306213210109_694789169144872

12240156_935263869881010_648708757605800

spacer.png

87AD44F6-F8EB-4165-8BB8-CA61AC36A8DF1B17

Not really sure why UnderArmor gets a free pass for this uniform or any of their other special uniforms. UnderArmor has put out just as many hideous looks as Adidas has... but there isn't much hate for them.

Guess with the improvements in tv resolution actually having adequate contrast with the numeral/jersey is a thing of the past? I feel bad for the announcers who must be straining to see who players actual are.

It's still a horrid mess.. The browns coaches couldn't tell who was who on film due to the orange jerseys having brown numbers, as I can guarantee they have quality cameras for film.. Colored jerseys need white numbers, almost exclusively, as there are very few acceptable alternatives.

Not really sure why UnderArmor gets a free pass for this uniform or any of their other special uniforms. UnderArmor has put out just as many hideous looks as Adidas has... but there isn't much hate for them.

Guess with the improvements in tv resolution actually having adequate contrast with the numeral/jersey is a thing of the past? I feel bad for the announcers who must be straining to see who players actual are.

exactly; they're putting fashion before function here and its something all manufacturers have done. i've always said, there's really not much difference between the big 3. this ND uni is as lame as anything the others have done

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

exactly; they're putting fashion before function here and its something all manufacturers have done. i've always said, there's really not much difference between the big 3. this ND uni is as lame as anything the others have done

The "see-through" logo on the helmet bothers me, too. Why even have a logo if it's basically just a thin keyline? Oklahoma State did this recently with their Crystal Meth helmets or whatever icy-nonsense the marketing department cooked up. You could barely tell the Cowboy logo from the negative space of the helmet.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Agreed. This uniform could be a lot better if it was simplified. Take off the chest and number stripes, remove the sleeve logo and put the shamrock on the shoulders.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

...and more unreadable numbers.

Once they swap the stripes for the swoosh, the Michigan all whites top 3 BCS uniform period point blank.

It looks fine with Adidas. The only complaint I have about this year's uniforms from Adidas is that the shade of blue on the home jersey is purple-ish. That, and white pants aren't Michigan.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived