College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kansas is doing a very good job with uniform combos this year. They might be the best looking horrible team in college football. They are likely the best looking adidas team as well. This combo is sharp and their helmets look great. This was a good contrast between teams today. Too bad they don't play as good as they look.

Mj6yVOi.jpg

A&M with another stupid "Aggie Ice" uni

CUX99LwWwAIuGOA.jpg

I sat in the front row by the A&M sideline today in Vandy and spent the game having some hilarious conversations with players and observing these from less than a few feet away. The helmet is far darker than looks in these and there is subliminal carbon fiber on everything you can imagine and it looks like duct tape. The helmet is a gem but the rest is bad. To make it worse, Vandy wore the Deep Water unis which is light gray from the neck down and a black helmet with a weird finish that looks like the A&M one from a distance. Major color issue from TV I imagine but easy to tell from my spoiled close view. May have been one of the worst Uni matchups ever.

amvu.jpg

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Kansas is doing a very good job with uniform combos this year. They might be the best looking horrible team in college football. They are likely the best looking adidas team as well. This combo is sharp and their helmets look great. This was a good contrast between teams today. Too bad they don't play as good as they look.

Mj6yVOi.jpg

I wish the red jersey was like the blue and white ones and not that crimson chrome monstrosity.

Mj6yVOi.jpg

I'm sorry if I missed an explanation on this earlier in the thread, but can someone explain KU's facemasks? They look like they're chrome red, but that they get more faded, or scraped up, or beat up the further down the facemask. So there's more silver showing on the bottom bar than across the top. Am I seeing that right? If so, is there any explanation for that?

^^^I can't provide an explaination, but yes, the face mask fades from red to grey. I'm pretty sure KU has worn that face mask the whole season, or at least the past few games.

Personally, I think it's ugly and brings down an ok uniform set.

how was that vandy/a&m game allowed??

No clue and had to be worse on tv than to my own eyes. NCAA apparently has little/no color clash rules.
Normally it wouldn't be. Since A&M are visiting they actually decide what they wear. Vandy should have been made to switch jerseys beforehand. Especially since this uniform matchup was announced prior to gameday.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

No clue and had to be worse on tv than to my own eyes. NCAA apparently has little/no color clash rules.
Normally it wouldn't be. Since A&M are visiting they actually decide what they wear. Vandy should have been made to switch jerseys beforehand. Especially since this uniform matchup was announced prior to gameday.

Vandy has designated that "Deep Water" uniform as dark and it was approved by the SEC and NCAA as such, so the game was legal and A&M was obligated to wear white unless they requested to to otherwise before the season.

Georgia had concerns when Vandy wore the uniforms the first time and requested (and was allowed) to wear red in Nashville. Not sure why A&M didn't make a similar request, but I assume it's because this was the only game they could roll out this set of adidas road unis.

Vandy has designated that "Deep Water" uniform as dark and it was approved by the SEC and NCAA as such, so the game was legal and A&M was obligated to wear white unless they requested to to otherwise before the season.

Georgia had concerns when Vandy wore the uniforms the first time and requested (and was allowed) to wear red in Nashville. Not sure why A&M didn't make a similar request, but I assume it's because this was the only game they could roll out this set of adidas road unis.

Adidas tail wags Aggie dog.

Archived