College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not just the colleges... in Texas the second helmet is becoming a thing in High School football. And its all about marketing.

Look at the high school stadiums there... 25,000 - 35,000 seats. Putting 50,000+ in AT&T Stadium for championship games.

The high school I coach at is going to a matte black helmet, with chrome decals, and new grey uniforms, because of Oregon, and SWAG. We now have 9 Uni sets at our HS, and the kids have a say in what the team wears every week.

The colleges that are not Penn State, Michigan, Alabama and Texas, are going to use whatever gets the athletes to come there, and if its 10 uniforms, and 3 helmets a season (interesting that the NFL allows 1 due to concussion worries) that get the 5 star kids to visit, they are gonna do it.

Winning on Saturdays and being visible, makes money for the Universities, and all the non revenue sports.

As for Eastern (my son starts there in the fall) you see a lot of Eastern Washington decals, shirts, jackets, hats over here, and they are making money off that program, even with that horrid red field!

Alum are going to donate a lot of money that is earmarked for uniforms, if it keeps getting them in the playoffs, and on TV every weekend. TO do that you have to get the kids, who could go to Idaho, or Montana, or any of the DII, FCS schools in the PNW. Eastern is the Oregon of FCS, but dont think this is going to not spread to other schools, and as in Texas more High Schools.

That's a joke right?

Montana is now literally the Oregon of the FCS. The CFO of Nike went here, so the Griz get cool uniforms (they look better too). Our coach runs an offense based off of Oregon. Two ESPN commentators described our stadium as crazy as Autzen. Eastern Washington is nowhere near the "Oregon of the FCS"

And TCU has a connection to Nike as well...

My wife's cousin was a star RB at Montana, and last I checked still with the Rams, so I follow Montana, but Eastern Washington is pretty big on the odd unis, extra helmets, and that god awful field (I hate doing football camp there, filming on that field is a nightmare) and really no one else is Oregon. But kids love that crap and will see it as a deciding factor. why else would anyone go to Oregon, when you can play in much better weather.

Reminder that new TCU unis will be unveiled Friday night.

Greater use of frogskin was one of the changes I mentioned would be included.

Here is a teaser pic:

CCGX9tnVIAADVKb.jpg

I must be seeing things, because the design in the bottom portion of the swoosh looks like an eye. Meanwhile, in the upper part, there seems to be an outline to a frog. I though there wasn't going to be a new logo. Anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

More of this would be fantastic...

boykin.JPG

Its not just the colleges... in Texas the second helmet is becoming a thing in High School football. And its all about marketing.

Look at the high school stadiums there... 25,000 - 35,000 seats. Putting 50,000+ in AT&T Stadium for championship games.

The high school I coach at is going to a matte black helmet, with chrome decals, and new grey uniforms, because of Oregon, and SWAG. We now have 9 Uni sets at our HS, and the kids have a say in what the team wears every week.

The colleges that are not Penn State, Michigan, Alabama and Texas, are going to use whatever gets the athletes to come there, and if its 10 uniforms, and 3 helmets a season (interesting that the NFL allows 1 due to concussion worries) that get the 5 star kids to visit, they are gonna do it.

Winning on Saturdays and being visible, makes money for the Universities, and all the non revenue sports.

As for Eastern (my son starts there in the fall) you see a lot of Eastern Washington decals, shirts, jackets, hats over here, and they are making money off that program, even with that horrid red field!

Alum are going to donate a lot of money that is earmarked for uniforms, if it keeps getting them in the playoffs, and on TV every weekend. TO do that you have to get the kids, who could go to Idaho, or Montana, or any of the DII, FCS schools in the PNW. Eastern is the Oregon of FCS, but dont think this is going to not spread to other schools, and as in Texas more High Schools.

That's a joke right?

Montana is now literally the Oregon of the FCS. The CFO of Nike went here, so the Griz get cool uniforms (they look better too). Our coach runs an offense based off of Oregon. Two ESPN commentators described our stadium as crazy as Autzen. Eastern Washington is nowhere near the "Oregon of the FCS"

My wife's cousin was a star RB at Montana, and last I checked still with the Rams, so I follow Montana, but Eastern Washington is pretty big on the odd unis, extra helmets, and that god awful field (I hate doing football camp there, filming on that field is a nightmare) and really no one else is Oregon. But kids love that crap and will see it as a deciding factor. why else would anyone go to Oregon, when you can play in much better weather.

Because they are so much more than just the uniforms that everyone likes to focus on. They are a winning program that is built upon having a solid coaching staff, great facilities, and employing state-of-the-art sports science to improve their athletes. Plus it doesn't hurt to have a good business school and a big-time donor who founded one of the largest athletic brands.

That's a joke right?

Is your wife's cousin Chase Reynolds?

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

gdu,

Do you have any bold predictions for tomorrow? You had said 2 helmets and 3 jersey/pants right? I'd guess that means we'll get purple and white helmets, with purple, white, and black options for the jerseys and pants. I'm also guessing we'll see this new "frog camo" pattern (for lack of a better way to put it) somehow incorporated on the uniforms. Maybe sublimated frog camo? :P

Is there a live stream or anything along those lines?

I'm really looking forward to seeing what they have come up with. I think it could be the best (or at least my favorite) reveal of the year. I'm a big fan of TCU's brand and identity. Their colors work so well together and I just love that damn horny toad. The horned frog is probably my favorite logo in all of sports. I think it will be hard to mess this up.

I can't figure out how to embed this, but this little video clip from their twitter has a brief glimpse of one of the jerseys about 6 seconds in. It looks like there will be some sort of pattern on the numbers. It almost looks a little more defined than their current sublimated pattern but it's hard to tell.

https://twitter.com/TCUFTW/status/585973814963539968/video/1

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

That's a joke right?

Is your wife's cousin Chase Reynolds?

yes

gdu,

Do you have any bold predictions for tomorrow? You had said 2 helmets and 3 jersey/pants right? I'd guess that means we'll get purple and white helmets, with purple, white, and black options for the jerseys and pants. I'm also guessing we'll see this new "frog camo" pattern (for lack of a better way to put it) somehow incorporated on the uniforms. Maybe sublimated frog camo? :P

I'm really looking forward to seeing what they have come up with. I think it could be the best (or at least my favorite) reveal of the year. I'm a big fan of TCU's brand and identity. Their colors work so well together and I just love that damn horny toad. The horned frog is probably my favorite logo in all of sports. I think it will be hard to mess this up.

I can't figure out how to embed this, but this little video clip from their twitter has a brief glimpse of one of the jerseys about 6 seconds in. It looks like there will be some sort of pattern on the numbers. It almost looks a little more defined than their current sublimated pattern but it's hard to tell.

I know there will be a greater use of the frog print. Only real prediction is a more noticeable frog print on the white helmets (and prob the purple one, too).

I don't know of a livestream, but I imagine the pics will be on social media pretty quickly.

I will be there in the club for a private event and will post anything as soon as I can. I think the unveil is supposed to occur around 8pm central.

There's a pattern on the helmet at the end of that clip that I know wasn't on any of the previous lids. Possible clue?

Nope, that would be this alternate helmet from 2013:

2013-tcu-nike-new-football-helmet-620x42

Oh my gosh, how could I forget about that one? Its one of my favorites along with the Rose Frog.

Wouldn't mind if that pattern came back even without the red stripe.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

gdu,

I know there will be a greater use of the frog print. Only real prediction is a more noticeable frog print on the white helmets (and prob the purple one, too).

I don't know of a livestream, but I imagine the pics will be on social media pretty quickly.

I will be there in the club for a private event and will post anything as soon as I can. I think the unveil is supposed to occur around 8pm central.

Tell CDC I said Hello... great guy, and has been fantastic for the University. Its funny, two years ago, he gave my two oldest boys a private tour of the facilities, and let them try on the new helmet that was going to be announced later that month. Now its all secret.

Reminder that new TCU unis will be unveiled Friday night.

Greater use of frogskin was one of the changes I mentioned would be included.

Here is a teaser pic:

CCGX9tnVIAADVKb.jpg

I must be seeing things, because the design in the bottom portion of the swoosh looks like an eye. Meanwhile, in the upper part, there seems to be an outline to a frog. I though there wasn't going to be a new logo. Anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

More of this would be fantastic...

boykin.JPG

I wish they would use this helmet and put similar stripes on their pants:

img24811307.jpg

spacer.png

Here's the announcement for the uniform unveiling, from the University of Colorado.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=210013583

BOULDER—The University of Colorado football team along with its student section, the Folsom Frenzy, will for the first time hold a Field Day for CU students at Folsom Field at 3:30 p.m. on Friday, May 1, during which time the Buffs will also unveil new uniforms for the 2015 football season and hold the department’s biennial Garage Sale.

The field day, an opportunity for CU students to blow off steam before finals week, will allow students to interact with the football team with competitive field stations, football skill stations or the ability to just hang out and play yard games.

At 4:30 p.m., coach Mike MacIntyre will unveil the brand new 2015 CU Football Uniforms to the CU students and football team at the same time. Voice of the Buffs Mark Johnson will also be on hand to emcee the event. All fans are welcome inside Folsom Field for the unveiling, however only CU students can participate in field day activities.

Field Day activities will include competitive stations like the 40-yard dash, vertical jump, longest field goal and more with winners for both male and female students for each station. Football skills stations include quarterback, running back, wide receiver and tackle drills. Early arriving students will receive an exclusive t-shirt with an outline of Folsom Field along with free food.

The Garage Sale will be open to the public from 12-6 p.m. and include surplus items from CU’s equipment room including shoes, jerseys, competition and warm-up gear from CU’s varsity teams and much more.

Because they are so much more than just the uniforms that everyone likes to focus on. They are a winning program that is built upon having a solid coaching staff, great facilities, and employing state-of-the-art sports science to improve their athletes. Plus it doesn't hurt to have a good business school and a big-time donor who founded one of the largest athletic brands.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but Oregon is 628-475-46 (0.567) all time and has a 14-17 bowl record. That's barely a winning program.

That's not to say that the Ducks aren't talented now. I genuinely believe they're one of the best programs currently. But prior to 2000 they accomplished practically nothing. A handful of conference titles and only five bowls. UO is a great case study in how to supercharge a program to success with a combination of big money donors, clever marketing (uniforms included), and the right coach. Yes, Mike Belloti brought some success to the school, but the best years of Belotti's tenure came at the end when Chip Kelly was his Offensive Coordinator. And even now, the jury is still out on whether Helfrich can continue the Kelly model long-term.

I'd be happy to see Oregon continue to perform well (it makes my coworkers less miserable, that's for sure), but Duck fans tend to have a pretty short-term memory when it comes to success and what they've accomplished.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but Oregon is 628-475-46 (0.567) all time and has a 14-17 bowl record. That's barely a winning program.

That's not to say that the Ducks aren't talented now. I genuinely believe they're one of the best programs currently. But prior to 2000 they accomplished practically nothing. A handful of conference titles and only five bowls. UO is a great case study in how to supercharge a program to success with a combination of big money donors, clever marketing (uniforms included), and the right coach. Yes, Mike Belloti brought some success to the school, but the best years of Belotti's tenure came at the end when Chip Kelly was his Offensive Coordinator. And even now, the jury is still out on whether Helfrich can continue the Kelly model long-term.

I'd be happy to see Oregon continue to perform well (it makes my coworkers less miserable, that's for sure), but Duck fans tend to have a pretty short-term memory when it comes to success and what they've accomplished.

Why do you think I need to be told about the program I've grown up with? I first became a fan back in 1993 when I was 8 years old so I full well know that Oregon doesn't have the track record of a lot of other big-time programs and will likely never match them either. Still doesn't mean I can't have a little pride in what they've done in such a short time span. Just because they've only had sustained success over the past 20 years or so doesn't detract from what I said. They are winning now, which means a whole heckuva lot more to recruits than history from before they or even their parents were born.

Archived