College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really happy Washington is going gold/purple/gold for the Apple Cup. I was worried they would wear black.

CUm8p-JUsAIN5KL.jpg

Are you a student, work at the athletic department, or is this from some social media account? I see these photos weekly but not sure where they come from! Also, I'm biased, but I love the font the Huskies use. I was really glad when they brought it back with this redesign, even with the northwest corner touch. But I think this photo is proof of how bad it is with the northwest corner on these round numbers. I don't mind it on most numbers since they come to a natural point where the triangle occurs, but 6, 8, and 9 look bad in my option as the whole number has this sleekness to it, except the upper left hand corner with its unnecessary right angle. I love the idea and the application for about 70% of the numbers, but the 3 that don't work ruin it for me.

I've noticed the current uniforms have been put on sale, don't know if that's just a holiday thing or if that's indication that we might see new uniforms next year!

Where are you seeing them on sale? May have to pick up the white one

As far as the helmets for Friday go, the article didn't specifically say they weren't wearing the satin helmets but I feel like it was implied. Im excited to see the seniors excited about Husky tradition. It may have been a rough patch in the last 20 years but the program has a great history.

SEAsig.png

I think we're looking at different helmets then. The turkey feet helmet is the second from the right.

The focus is on the maroon helmet in the guy's hands. That's what BrandMoore was talking about. You mentioned or thought it was the turkey feet helmet....? Sorry MJWalker I was confused.

Yeah, I was looking at the helmets on the shelves behind him. My bad.

Texas tech wearing their throwbacks tobight against Texas

FB_IMG_1442695825223.jpg

Tech should stay with these as primaries next year. They've actually done a good job of not going too crazy with alts this year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I love what Washington is doing wearing their practice helmets. It will be nice to see the regular gold instead of the newer satin gold theybhave been wearing, too.

Yeah, the satin has been wearing on me lately. I'd like to see the classic gold instead of the satin.

But still, great to see them going traditional for the Apple Cup.

Toledo's number font is kinda wacky. I'd be fine with something modern, but that just isn't doing it for me.

Yea, that's long been my issue with their uniforms. Luckily they condensed it quite a bit since their original Under Armour set.

Then:

davidfluellen.jpg

Now:

Toledo-610x354.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Washington State looks like crap. All white. Should have worn a traditional look against the Huskies. Washington's helmets look to be the normal non-anodized gold, and look great.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think Washington State looks pretty good, honestly. Then again, I am a sucker for the stormtrooper look, personally.

In other news, Iowa/Nebraska is a beautiful matchup. Great color contrast, two classic looks, and a good game in and of itself as a bonus.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Oregon-Oregon State is a very appealing game color-wise IMO, with the Beavs in all white against the Ducks in their yellow/green/yellow uniforms. The Ducks' new jerseys with the faux-camo pattern actually look pretty good with the solid yellow accents, pants, and helmets and the colors really pop against the orange and black accents on the white road uniforms of OSU.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Washington State looks like crap. All white. Should have worn a traditional look against the Huskies. Washington's helmets look to be the normal non-anodized gold, and look great.

Yeah, I'd agree about WSU. The Huskies, though, look great in those non-satin helmets. Just wish they had purple facemasks instead of black!

Yeah, I'd agree about WSU. The Huskies, though, look great in those non-satin helmets. Just wish they had purple facemasks instead of black!

The facemasks are purple. Taken from today's game:

11272015-Lok-pregame_09-1560x1040.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived