College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TCU looked great tonight.

Chrome helmets automatically exclude any team from looking great. At best, they can look pretty good.

Well... that's an opinion. A dumb one, but still an opinion. You may not like the chrome trend but you have to admit when it's done well.

TCU's purple chrome is probably the second best helmet in the nation.

That's high praise...

Chrome%201.jpg

The white ones look good as well.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Chrome helmets automatically exclude any team from looking great. At best, they can look pretty good.

Well... that's an opinion. A dumb one, but still an opinion. You may not like the chrome trend but you have to admit when it's done well.

That's high praise...

Chrome%201.jpg

I will say this: the chrome helmets look great in the rain.

1448687834-NS_27tcubuLD04.jpg

Pants and jersey, not so much.

Is the rumor true that Ohio State ditched their traditional sleeve stripes because Jim Tressel didn't like it?

That's one of the many explanations that have come up over the years. Another is that Tressel wanted the Buckeyes to go back to the Cris Carter era uniforms because he coached at OSU during that time or something. I've also heard he just liked the way the Carter era stripes matched the pants and helmet stripes.

BB52Big.jpg

That's high praise...

Chrome%201.jpg

I will say this: the chrome helmets look great in the rain.

1448687834-NS_27tcubuLD04.jpg

Pants and jersey, not so much.

I'd say that the jerseys looked pretty good. And the only reason the pants didn't look as bad as normal was the mud covering them.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

You'd think the self proclaimed Marvel guru would love chrome. Lol
I would assume you are talking about me? I've never claimed to be any Marvel guru. But, I guess as Vic said, everyone is entitled to their opinion?

When it comes to TCUs chrome helmet, again, that finish excludes you from looking great, especially when they are going purple black purple. The helmet should then match the pants... At the very least, it shouldn't be a distinct or drastic of a difference.

Saying they are a top two helmet is... Insane? Honestly. I'm not trying to be dramatic. But putting TCU in the Top 10 of helmets is a bold, bold statement. I thinks we could list at least 15 that would be better.

But again, it's all a matter of opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. There is nothing objective personal preference... Except chrome helmets. They are objectively awful.

I've never liked the look of pride stickers on Michigan's helmets. When you have a stripe that takes up as much space on the helmets, nothing else is necessary IMO.

I wasn't a fan at first, but they've grown on me throughout the season. Now, I really like them.

TCU has two of my favorite helmets. Both the purple chrome w/ black facemask and white w/ purple chrome facemask are absolutely gorgeous. It's a shame they're ruined by this year's uniforms.

Ohio State wearing alternate White's today. Just make these full time already.

If they somehow snuck into the playoffs and won again with these I'd think they have a good chance of becoming primaries. And I'm glad next year's game won't involve a crazy away design for the Wolverines. Harbaugh has come up with a good look for TTUN.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived